What's new

Hatf 5 missile test fired successfully

i do not recall the mention of

in any previous launches of this or any other ballistic missile.

True, Ghauri is the first BM to implement SCCSS. Previously Babur GLCM and Ra'ad ALCM tests were monitored by this system.

True, Ghauri is the first BM to implement SCCSS. Previously Babur GLCM and Ra'ad ALCM tests were monitored by this system.
so this was not an innocent training launch,the main reason was to assess integration of SCCSS

Did someone mentioned video.
:D

[video]http://www.********.com/view?i=bf3_1354117845[/video]

because the missile itself is pretty pathetic..
The Ghauri is like the F-6 of missiles in Pakistan's inventory.. After all.. there is only so much you can do with the Nodong.
It also serves as the least costly test.

Aray bhai aisa to na kahoo........yeh sub sa phela missile tha jo launch kia tha MRBM category main or tab India ka reaction dekhna wala tha :P shaheen to baad main aya.

Yes, the lines/layers represent the components of the warhead. Recall the 2 wide Maroon sections separated by a white strip on the Shaheen-I missile's nose cone, in its first flight test. Internally, all previous versions were somewhat the same, in a red-painted nose cone.

You are right i do remember the rather similar maroon type nose cone on every missile. Shaheen had a white stripe.

By the way the missile does look more bad *** now.

Liquid fueled missiles need to be readied for action by filling liquid fuel, this process takes cosiderable time and is some what hazardous too. The liquid fuel is kept at a very low emperature, for obvious reasons. This change in temperature at missile silos/sites at the time of fuel filling can be monitored from satellites, thus posing a risk of discovery and elimination of any advantage of surprise.

Solid fueled missiles in contrast do not need any such preparation,do not need to be clost toa fuel source, quick to launch and no risk of discovery. Additionally solid fueled missiles have superiorspeeds and range too.

because the missile itself is pretty pathetic..
The Ghauri is like the F-6 of missiles in Pakistan's inventory.. After all.. there is only so much you can do with the Nodong.
It also serves as the least costly test.

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Wednesday test-fired a nuclear-capable ballistic missile with a range of 1,300 kilometres (800 miles), the military said.

The military described the Hatf V Ghauri missile as a liquid fuel missile, which can carry both conventional and nuclear warheads.

It was Pakistan's eighth missile test so far this year and comes two months after its last test of a Hatf-VII with a range of 700 kilometres.

Five of those tests were conducted within a few weeks after India in April successfully test fired the Agni V, which can deliver a one-tonne nuclear warhead anywhere in China, marking a major advance in its military capabilities.

India and Pakistan have fought three wars -- two over the disputed Himalayan territory of Kashmir -- and have routinely carried out missile tests since both demonstrated nuclear weapons capability in 1998.

Defence analysts say India's strategic priorities are focused more on China, while Pakistan is still concerned about its eastern neighbour.
Pakistan test-fires nuclear-capable ballistic missile - The Times of India
It's always entertaining to read comments of Indians on Times of India whenever Pakistan tests a Missile :rofl:

^^^ HAHAHA... Indians are more worried about China though China is not even in their class!! lolz @ indians and their military inferiority complex

Congrats for the test !!

This missile is liquid fueled. Does Pakistan have a solid fueled missile in 1500 km range?

Shaheen series is solid fuelled and Ghauri series is liquid fuelled. Both missiles are developed by different, independent organizations.

In case some of you guys weren't aware of it, the Shaheen-1A is confirmed as having, 3-5.. 200-300 kg MIRVed warheads. !!

I knew it, read it in the ISPR subsequent release giving out further information on the system tested earlier. Can't seem to find that release on ISPR website now.

I knew it, read it in the ISPR subsequent release giving out further information on the system tested earlier. Can't seem to find that release on ISPR website now.

There is a visible difference in the weapon head cone of this Ghauri compared to the previous versions.

4095.jpg

ghauri.jpg

Back
Top Bottom