What's new

Has the world forgotten about Afghanistan?

yar, the whole premise of your argument is based on some sheikh kinda person ?-/ -- I mean really -- you want me to ascribe value to a person's opinion who's life work revolves around faith/belief and not science and skepticism?? It just may be that our world views are irreconcilable?

I mean there is no book, journal article? Something that is studied by a significant body of researchers/scholars and is considered an accepted thread of discourse?

??? what will be next witchcraft ???

I'm curious, who bestowed the tile of Sheykh on this person? --

bhai maray: Saaaince [Science] bari taraki kar gai hay -- tutko ko chorian

yar, the whole premise of your argument is based on some sheikh kinda person ?-/ -- I mean really -- you want me to ascribe value to a person's opinion who's life work revolves around faith/belief and not science and skepticism?? It just may be that our world views are irreconcilable?

I mean there is no book, journal article? Something that is studied by a significant body of researchers/scholars and is considered an accepted thread of discourse?

??? what will be next witchcraft?
You are right: your and mine weltanschauungen are irreconcilable.

But still I urge you to read his books and listen to his videos. You will learn a lot!
Listen to his lecture to some Russian scholars when he went to visit Moscow.

You are right: your and mine weltanschauungen are irreconcilable.

But still I urge you to read his books and listen to his videos. You will learn a lot!
Listen to his lecture to some Russian scholars when he went to visit Moscow.

listen I would love to listen to every other conspiracy theorist -- it's just that time is limited before well all have to exit this world.

And, this is not my team -- I've put my stock in science and the modern world.

listen I would love to listen to every other conspiracy theorist -- it's just that time is limited before well all have to exit this world.

And, this is not my team -- I've put my stock in science and the modern world.
Fair enough. I take it you are not Muslim?

OK. Basically a non-Muslim then. I had presumed you were based upon national origin. My mistake.

no not at all.

as I said Atheist Muslim

Religion is an over loaded word which subsumes two distinct but related concepts:
1. Religion-O-Culture
Eid, helping your neighbor, Zakat, Pursuit of knowledge, Names, Mythology, etc.
2. Religion-O-Spirituality

So yes to the first and no to the second.

And, further I would argue -- and this is not the place -- 90% of religion (said in a non-rigorous fashion) is cultural and not spiritual.

An extreme example of this -- you can see Judea Pearl -- he is an Atheist Jew but he prays -- Judea Pearl is Daniel Pearl's father [yes, the WSJ journalist who was sadly murdered in Pakistan] -- and he is a Turing Award winner (the Nobel Prize of Computer Science)

depth my dear -- depth

If Afghanistan was full of European whites then you would have definitely seen the hue and cry.

Why should the world worry or care about Afghanistan. Even afghans don't care about their own country.

Syrian are also saying the same that Syria issue will be solved once the Americans quit.

Wow words of wisdom from internet immatures.

So according to you, uncle Sam has nothing to do with Syrian, and libyan proxy driven civil wars. I salute you.

I concede this is not my subject of expertise -- I do other stuff to put bread on my table.

Which school of International Relations did you go to by the way?

no not at all.

as I said Atheist Muslim

Religion is an over loaded word which subsumes two distinct but related concepts:
1. Religion-O-Culture
Eid, helping your neighbor, Zakat, Pursuit of knowledge, Names, Mythology, etc.
2. Religion-O-Spirituality

So yes to the first and no to the second.

And, further I would argue -- and this is not the place -- 90% of religion (said in a non-rigorous fashion) is cultural and not spiritual.

An extreme example of this -- you can see Judea Pearl -- he is an Atheist Jew but he prays -- Judea Pearl is Daniel Pearl's father [yes, the WSJ journalist who was sadly murdered in Pakistan] -- and he is a Turing Award winner (the Nobel Prize of Computer Science)

depth my dear -- depth
You are correct that most religion has become cultural and has lost its spiritual-faith essence.

However the term Atheist Muslim is a contradiction. You are an Atheist of Muslim ancestry, perhaps that is a better descriptor?

Back
Top Bottom