What's new

Has India Bought A 4.5 Generation Rafale Fighter For The Price Of A Fifth Generation F-35?

8 billion dollars for 36 fighters. Don't hate me for pointing this out.

No one is hating you bro, :) either you're so afraid of Rafale that you started attacking its cost or you have nothing important to do, the point is India is ready to shell out 8 billions or 10 billion for its security and no one is objection it, why are you running a rant here while not even a concern citizen are rising an eyebrow!??
So concern about the wealth allocating of Indian economy?? Hope on and join some company and deal with finance sector you'll be great :). Regards.

What are you going to report me for? For pointing out the obvious which is that the deal is expensive and not very wise? LOL

Stop making a fool out of yourself. Stop comparing 5th generation platforms with Rafale.

8 billion dollars for 36 fighters. You just keep celebrating LOL

$8 billion is expensive for 36 fighters
it is called supply and demand

the best aircraft in the world
F-22
F-35
Eurofighter
Rafale

the truth is that Russia & China do not have anything close to the Rafale. they won't for a long time.
that limits the PAF choices

Eygpet paid $6 billion for 24 rafales

Saudi paid $14 billion for 70 Typhoon and another $20 billion to upgrade 140 F15 to SG standard

Brazil paid $6 billion for 28 Gripen NG

nice things cost money <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

OTHERWISE you pay peanuts for used battered old airframrs from small airforces in Mideast or north Africa

TAKE YOUR PICK

every one rise the prise when saudi comes
Eygpet didnt payed its saudi money

What this defence analyst has missed is -

F-35 flyaway cost - 250 mil(Add all the goodies and it'll probably cross 500 mil)
Rafale flyaway cost - 80-90 mil(Add all the goodies and it is around 250 mil)

So Yes...India bought Rafale with F-35's flyaway cost.

F-35 flyaway cost isn't $250 million more like $90 to $100 million, the goodies,weapons,support, etc would drive the cost to probably $200 million a piece

India could make a deal for 108 F-35A in three blocks of 36 over the next 6 years for $20 billion to $25 billion at most $30 billion, no offset or techology transfer.

F-35 flyaway cost isn't $250 million more like $90 to $100 million, the goodies,weapons,support, etc would drive the cost to probably $200 million a piece

India could make a deal for 108 F-35A in three blocks of 36 over the next 6 years for $20 billion to $25 billion at most $30 billion, no offset or techology transfer.

Not required my friend.

And actual "Flyaway cost" is somewhat over 100 mil.And Actual cost of F-35 is way above 200 mil.

https://warisboring.com/how-much-does-an-f-35-actually-cost-21f95d239398#.qbrtfy35y

That too without much of goodies(Armament and support).

Not required my friend.

And actual "Flyaway cost" is somewhat over 100 mil.And Actual cost of F-35 is way above 200 mil.

https://warisboring.com/how-much-does-an-f-35-actually-cost-21f95d239398#.qbrtfy35y

That too without much of goodies(Armament and support).

eeeh I still thinks it's around $100 million going by the block buying

http://www.airforce-technology.com/...47bn-f-35-lrip-8-contract-to-lockheed-4448274

FRP starts in 2018 I think so the price will go down even further.

Back
Top Bottom