What's new

Has India Bought A 4.5 Generation Rafale Fighter For The Price Of A Fifth Generation F-35?

India not offered F-35, not even F-18, they just offered F-16, which India denied to buy.

India not offered F-35, not even F-18, they just offered F-16, which India denied to buy.
F-18 offered to Us by boeing In MMRCA By friend It was rejected
http://www.indiastrategic.in/topstories4225_Boeing_Offers_to_Build_F-18_Super_Hornet_in_India.htm
Last year India's search for a modern new fighter after the modified Rafale deal has just seen a new twist. In an exclusive interview, Boeing chairman James McNerney has said that his company could 'make in India' a state-of-the-art fighter plane together with technology transfer. Boeing makes planes like the F-18 Hornet which was once in the race for India's contract but lost to the French Rafale.

People do realize that the Rafale package includes weapons, spares, training, and other infrastructural support and not just the cost of aircraft.

People are also not considering the changes to coms. system and other systems that need to be made for Indian version since we use Israeli system rather than the one used by France which has compatibility with the NATO devices and would most likely need to be changed. Not to mention our own system need to be added.
Someone posted something similar in WhatsApp group.

There Goes My Motive replying on this We are dealing A school Boy with zero technical Understanding here
carry on with Fanboy keyboard Skills on this Thread :tup:

Kid, try justifying the 8 billion. Stop defending a failed deal.

Kid, try justifying the 8 billion. Stop justifying a failed deal.
What there justify Such tremendous deal Of Course Guy with Zero technical skill Don't has intellectual capicity to understand that .Run from here before I can start Technical arguments

LET Me Bust Some bubbles

"A single Air Force F-35A costs a whopping $148 million. One Marine Corps F-35B costs an unbelievable $251 million. A lone Navy F-35C costs a mind-boggling $337 million. Average the three models together, and a 'generic' F-35 costs $178 million," Wheeler wrote.

If we take best 337 Million $ as base price including inflation
so
337 x 1,763 Planned =594.131 Billion $ is total fighter cost Rest is LLC and Package

Total Project Cost is 1.5 Trillion $ Now Add Remaining That To Single F-35 cost

Last edited:
I would like to reply on on few points.
1. This deal includes 50% offset means 50% money will be reinvested in India.

2. A greater portion of offset investment will go to the development of core 5th gen capabilities like an advance Engines, advance AESA radars, stealth characteristics and such.

3. Trust me, its you who missed the trick here if you think that Rafale is there to tackle fifth gen aircrafts.

4. We have 2 fifth gen aircraft program going on as we speak, one independently while other with Russia. Even F-35 is on option especially for navy but lets not talk about it.

5. Fifth gen aircrafts for now have very little options for the role intended for Rafale which is already a mafure platform while 5th gens will take atleast a decade to see service life let alone being mature.

1. The 50% offset might be tempting for India, but the French aren't crazy either. They are not going to commit to a deal they have not much to gain from. The price is ridiculous. No doubt the Russians have similar capability for a much more favorable cost.

2. All gimmick talk. You don't know squat about how much and where exactly the money is going to be spent. All these big empty claims remain to be seen. The MMRCA tender circus proves otherwise.

3. LOL 8 billion spent on a capability which isn't even going to tackle next gen threats. Talk about admission.

4. No you don't. You only have one confirmed 5th gen project which is the Russian JV. India has neither confirmed nor shown any interest in F-35 thus far. Refrain from making false claims.

5. Incoherent and illogical argument. Many if not all major 5th gen platforms today offer multirole combat capabilities. You don't know what you are going on about.

Last edited:
Why are Indians here trying to wake up someone who pretends to deliberately sleep.
If they want to know where 8 billion is going, enough material is available in public domain.

You are wasting time explaining some people here, who deliberately act ignorant.

What there justify Such tremendous deal Of Course Guy with Zero technical skill Don't has intellectual capicity to understand that .Run from here before I can start Technical arguments

LET Me Bust Some bubbles

"A single Air Force F-35A costs a whopping $148 million. One Marine Corps F-35B costs an unbelievable $251 million. A lone Navy F-35C costs a mind-boggling $337 million. Average the three models together, and a 'generic' F-35 costs $178 million," Wheeler wrote.

If we take best 337 Million $ as base price including inflation
so
337 x 1,763 Planned =594.131 Billion $ is total fighter cost Rest is LLC and Package

Total Project Cost is 1.5 Billion $

Try harder kid because your faulty comparison doesn't add up. You are comparing 4th gen capability with the next gen tech. 5th gen capability that would roast the Rafale in the sky. It is bound to cost more, but you get quantum leap capability. Comparing the Rafale with F-35 or any other 5th gen fighter is like comparing with apples with oranges. Yet, you accuse me of zero technical knowledge? LOL

Try comparing the Rafale deal with fighters in its own league. The Rafale has a history of being ditched by other countries for a reason. It is simply too expensive and while it offers a very decent capability in its generation it so nowhere near quantum leap. It may rival fighters in the 4th gen bracket, but the 5th gen platforms are in a different league for a reason. It certainly doesn't justify the enormous price tag.

Pakistanis are worried about Rafale cost...better worry about Rafale

These expensive fighters are going to rust in hangars. You are not going to ever use them against Pakistan or China for that matter. It would have been better for India to spend this money on its poor. Poverty in India pales even Africa.

Last edited:
Try harder kid because your faulty comparison doesn't add up. You are comparing 4th gen capability with the next gen tech. 5th gen capability that would roast the Rafale in the sky. It is bound to cost more, but you get quantum leap capability. Comparing the Rafale with F-35 or any other 5th gen fighter is like comparing with apples with oranges. Yet, you accuse me of zero technical knowledge? LOL

Try comparing the Rafale deal with fighters in its own league. The Rafale has a history of being ditched by other countries for a reason. It is simply too expensive and while it offers a very decent capability in its generation it so nowhere near quantum leap. It certainly doesn't justify the enormous price tag.

These expensive fighters are going to rust in hangars. You are not going to ever use these against Pakistan or China for that matter.

you better celebrate then

Why are Indians here trying to wake up someone who pretends to deliberately sleep.
If they want to know where 8 billion is going, enough material is available in public domain.

You are wasting time explaining some people here, who deliberately act ignorant.

Is that why it took you so awefully long to strike a deal? LOL Admit it. Your negotiators were having a hell of a time selling this deal domestically. This deal was controversial from the word go. Anyone who knows the history of this deal doesn't require an introduction.

India has made a huge blunder for going for something which looks fantastic on paper. The more cost effective Russian options would have been a hell lot better. In the process you snubbed Russia. That is a win win as far we are concerned.

you better celebrate then

We are celebrating. Your air force is renowned for terrible logistics and maintenance. This is only more problems for you.

Last edited:
Is that why it took you so awefully long to strike a deal? LOL Admit it. Your negotiators were having a hell of a time selling this deal domestically. This deal was controversial from the word go. Anyone who knows the history of this deal doesn't require an introduction.

We are celebrating. Your air force is renowned for terrible logistics and maintenance. This is only more problems for you.
Good ...we are on same page....we are celebrating also for Rafale deal....:D

ou are comparing 4th gen capability with the next gen tech. 5th gen capability that would roast the Rafale in the sky.
I Am ready Listen Some these So Fifth gen capabilities In technical Details

Highlight few Let's hear It In List Such Super Capabilities Please Which as per you greater than rafale

Look Noob I am no Fanboy So Let's See How Much Technical Depth you got in Factual Arguments Lets hear Some

As Fo generation Its Just Word depend on Counties to countries PLAAF call there J-20 "Fourth generation "

@Taygibay

Last edited:
Butthurt is high...LOLz. At the end you can't awake someone who is pretending to sleep.

India has made a huge blunder for gooinf for something which looks fantastic on paper. The more cost effective Russian option would have been a hell lot better. In the process you snubbed Russia. That is a win win.

I understand your concern, And You are rite my friend pls ignore this trolls and as you already know we are terrible at every thing you might know.

It's our freaking money, So pls ignore and enjoy your life. We have a habit of wasting money.

It's making me emotional that people like you are soo concerned about our economics. Or is it the fear of something unknown :disagree:

Back
Top Bottom