What's new

Haryana’s biggest khap panchayat allows inter-caste marriages

LOL.....strange how that particular consent is not required for killing them and eating them, but is required for marrying them :lol:

Hypocrisy much ?

Another eg. is also given which involves granting of consent. So does that mean you support Necrophilia ?

Not hypocrisy, plain common sense. There is a concept of consent in marriage and sex, but there never has been a concept of consent in killing. The reason for that is...oh well, I'm not going to belabour the obvious. Think about it.

Necrophilia also has the same problem, that corpses are not known to be able to express consent.

LOL...do you even hear yourself ?

You talk about a magic world called "concept" ............it appears that wherever this magic word appears, everything becomes kosher.

How about a "concept" called same gotra marriage is incest ? :lol:

See how that works ? ......or has your "secular" and "modern" sensibilities blinded you to reality ?

So your logic is that if a person gives consent for his corpse to be married and everything else, then it should be allowed ? :cheesy:

Actually yes, I don't mind at all. If a person puts down in his will that his corpse can be used by a necrophiliac, all power to them. I don't care. I wouldn't want either of them fed and clothed at taxpayers' expense in jail for a victimless "crime".

The word "concept" is no magic word,and the concept of personal consent is very real and well understood. Having sex with somebody without his or her consent is a crime, and you will be in jail for that. Taking somebody's money without his or her consent is a crime, but taking money s/he willingly gives you is not. It's quite simple really, in most cases.

The word "secular" is simply thrown about by people like you to describe any idea you do not like. Secularism has as little to do with this issue as quantum mechanics does. Just because you are a religious fanatic doesn't mean that anything you don't like is automatically "secular".

:lol: ............so let me get this straight, you have no problem with Necrophilia but you want consent for marrying a sheep ? ....but no consent for killing that sheep and eating it ?

Sex with a sheep without its consent is a crime, but killing it is not a crime :P

That's right. Humans have been hunting and eating animals and animals have been doing the same for ages. Deal with it.

They have been humping each other and raping others and pillaging for ages too :lol:.......... so I guess we should make that legal too.
No, because the law exists to protect personal freedom's and liberties. I am not going to give you a lecture on jurisprudence and the philosophy of law, but frankly these points you are coming up with are rather elementary and sophomoric.

To keep it short, we create laws to keep our society a safe place for everybody. Hence the laws against rape or theft, which violates the victim's rights and liberties. Consentual acts don't. Including necrophilia.

They have been humping each other and raping others and pillaging for ages too :lol:.......... so I guess we should make that legal too.
ha ha,no wonder,you are so are much concerned about sheep,goats and cows??:::ha ha...

WRONG.

True purpose of the law is to define rules by which people can co-exist. Personal freedom has very little to do with it

A consensual act of Homicide or Euthanasia is still against the Law. :lol:

A consensual human experimentation is also against the Law :lol:

It is hilarious when you pretend to make sophisticated arguments, when in reality your knowledge of the law or its use or its origins is rudimentary.

Most Law that define personal freedom and choice comes form Religion. That is their origin.

Same Gotra marriage is against a particular tenet of Hinduism as it is defined as Incest, so it should be made part of the law so that Khaps do not have to do with the constitution is suppose to do.

Trouble is, India does not have to follow your religion's laws. And no, religions are not where laws come from, if that were so, christian countries would be stoning people for all sorts of trivialities.

You think that your religion should form the basis of laws, and I don't. India being secular in character, the argument from religion does not hold.

Lord Manvan - your points are fine but reform your ways. You can't run over other in a forum. You may be able to do that in real life. But not with a keyboard. Post your points in a cool calm headed manner and stop calling others vulgar names.

Back
Top Bottom