What's new

Harry Potter star Afshan threatened by family for dating Hindu boy

Money. It is selective orthodoxy. Acceptable to bring home fame and cash, but not acceptable to bring home a non-muslim.
Probably didn't 'let her' do that either.

In most Muslim cultures, the parents are the boss of you. Even for me, I do what I want, but its mostly because it doesn't conflict with my parents wishes or even if it does they let it be. But if they ever put their foot down on something you got to listen to them.

The whole end segment of the article reminds of the saying..
"I did'nt say it was your fault.. I said I was going to blame you"
Seems to be the current attitude of the Indian Media.

In most Muslim cultures, the parents are the boss of you. Even for me, I do what I want, but its mostly because it doesn't conflict with my parents wishes or even if it does they let it be. But if they ever put their foot down on something you got to listen to them.

I don't think Muslim culture is so homogenized. South Asian to an extent is, but certainly not all Muslim cultures. Even in South Asian cultures it's not so similar.

Then it is still selective orthodoxy. If you 'let it be' despite the conflict with your wishes, then you just 'let her'. Selective. Money = yes. Non-muslim boyfriend = no. And it looks like they put their foot down on her head. May be on her corpse one day.

Does this sort of a news piece warrant an opening of a new thread? World affairs in a defence forum means news of totally different sphere of understanding.

For the love of it, people do all sorts of things world around. I do not think that discussing an actress' personal choice and her parents' views on her relationship have anything to do with 'World Affairs' in general.

She hails from Bengladesh, but honour killings of Pakistan......I guess the write had'nt gotton down from prevois nights drinking

She hails from Bengladesh, but honour killings of Pakistan......I guess the write had'nt gotton down from prevois nights drinking

Its Davids Horowitz masterpiece. He will run with this news as far as he can. Nothing unusual there. I guess he brings in Pakistan to direct more attention to his blog.

Her brother agreed to assault and will be sentenced accordingly. Apparently she protested the "Attemp to murder " charges brought by the prosecution against the bother and the father. She didn't testify in the trial.

The judge found both the brother and father not guilty of the charges.

Interestingly the Queen Elizabeth did not attend the wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla. Even years ago when they were dating Camilla was thought to be beneath him and not worthy of a Prince.

We all heard the rumors and mis-tries of the circumstances that supposedly led to the tragic demise of Lady Diana.

Folks as the great Forrest Gump said, "It happens" !!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom