What's new

"Hard talk with Pakistan does not work, they just dig in deeper", observe American analysts. NYT

There needs to be a graduated solution which starts with bloodshed coming down and then a face saving formula for both sides. Both sides are too vested and as a result, pulling back for one side is next to impossible. Leaving status quo essentially means more of the ongoing bloodshed. I think the plan you refer to isn't that different from what Musharraf and MMS were talking about.

I doubt MMS and Mushy talked about exchange of territory - I think that was the first thing thrown out of the window.

Plebiscite is the only option on the table as in the UN resolutions. But Indians are too cowardly to implement it.

Even Catalonians just recently got the independence recently.

Catalonians haven't gotten independence. Madrid has imposed Central Rule. Funny, you keep insisting on a plebiscite in Kashmir but don't ever talk about fulfilling the preconditions of that plebiscite. And you got back a significant number of troops who were PoWs in exchange for the Shimla Agreement which pretty much confines a 3rd party like the UN to the trash can.

The difficulty is that the two countries are pursuing different endgames: the U.S. wants a an independent and prosperous Afghanistan existing under rule-of-law while Pakistan seeks a satellite Afghanistan under the sway of its own pet Talibs; Pakistan remains wedded to the strategy that incubated 9/11.

"The difficulty is that the two countries are pursuing different endgames: the U.S. wants a an independent and prosperous Afghanistan existing under rule-of-law....." hahahah are you new in the world ? are you really serious ?

And you can support this argument by pointing to Japan, South Korea, and NATO-Europe, where the U.S. stationed troops for decades, all being in the poorhouse whereas Pakistan, America's postwar ally where its fighting troops were never stationed, is thus rich and prosperous?

If you really wanna think about it then here is some food for your thoughts, Japan is a useless piece of land where there are no minerals and no earthly goodies. Europe is more or less the same. And yet all the instability in Europe and South Korean peninsula is because of US involvement. The US economy can sustain itself by only 2 means; war and global control over economy which is the dollar. It is for this reason that the US has to project power in countries and continents where it has no moral right to do so and it does that precisely for one reason only. Recall the petrodollar "conspiracy" and the interview of General Wesley Clark on US plans to invade 7 countries?

I also think that US plans were redrawn after the gulf oil embargo on US and so the US made sure that it never happened again with the help of Influencers, Jackals, Economic hitmen etc. And don't get me wrong, the US does everything to ensure it's supremacy which I appreciate and admire. But I am against it because it brings instability to ME and SE Asia.

Your comment reinforces my conviction that my previous comment adds nothing to Pakistanis' evaluation of the situation. But now you understand that I understand it too - and I understand what that means about Pakistanis as compared to Americans.
USA knows deep down Pakistan will not change its SPOTS

They will support Taliban And maintain proxies to trouble India

I think its up to USA to simply drop Pakistan AND move 100% into Indian Camp

I think this process has begun
NEVER be sure that if a country comes to aid you in some circumstancesdoest not have an agenda, only happens In dreams, all countries make friends for ulterior motives and that is that.

Wisdom dictates that one be carefulll about its depedance on others To follow their agenda. So go ahead Indians and see for your self as to what is in future for you depending on big daddy. Wisdom is that you learn from experiences of others, but than Indians think in the box designed by their masters at home.

1za4rj.jpg

NEVER be sure that if a country comes to aid you in some circumstancesdoest not have an agenda, only happens In dreams, all countries make friends for ulterior motives and that is that.
Sure, people providing aid can have their own motives but why do you require that they ALWAYS be nefarious secret ones?

Back
Top Bottom