What's new

Happy (Subh) Mahalaya : The beginning of Navaratra/DurgaPuja/Dussehra !

Dasha Hara is a Sanskrit word which means removal of ten bad qualities within you
Kama vasana (Lust)
Krodha (Anger)
Moha (Attachment)
Lobha (Greed)
Mada (Over Pride)
Matsara (Jealousy)
Swartha (Selfishness)
Anyaaya (Injustice)
Amanavta (Cruelty)
Ahankara (Ego)
It's also known as 'Vijaydashami' which means Vijaya over these ten bad qualities.
Happy Dussehara

I had been to Kolkatta during Durga Puja only once and had a chance to visit at least 15 Pandals. The situation is same as that of Kolkatta. Due to lack of space, the organiser put a lot of effort on the Idols, Chandi, Gold plated etc. But in Bhubaneswar as there is big fields and big space, the organisers spend a lot on outside decoration. Big Bamboo decoaration with themes varies from year to year. I have one of the big Durga puja called Sahid Nagar Durgapuja just 2 minutes walking distance. So every night is fun night.

BTW when do Kolkattans visit the pandals? In Cuttack people start after early dinner, i.e 8 PM to 1-2AM. But in Bhubaneswar it is normaly 4PM to 10 PM.
It starts around 15:00 hrs here. But some prefer to start at very late night to avoid the crowd. I have not gone to Kolkata for long during pujas. Hate those long lines, push and pulls :D

Back
Top Bottom