What's new

Happy birthday, Salmaan Taseer

What were those COMPLEXITIES which he wasn't able to understand? the barbarism that our Mullahs possess? to Kill whoever talks about the beliefs.

He, like most Western wannabes in Pakistan, failed to understand that Pakistan is a conservative country and that people have the right to have their core sensibilities respected. This is not a 'mullah barbarism'; this is an accepted norm around the world, including western countries. Most countries have laws against racial or religious vilification and hate speech. In part of western Europe, it is a criminal offence to question, let alone mock, the Holocaust.

The blasphemy law can be brought in line with similar legislation across the world -- including the West -- by careful amendments. Sherri Rehman and others proposed such amendments. If the law were amended as suggested and the word 'blasphemy' replaced with the more modern phrase 'religious vilification', everybody would be happy, including the secularists.

He, like most Western wannabes in Pakistan, failed to understand that Pakistan is a conservative country and that people have the right to have their core sensibilities respected. This is not a 'mullah barbarism'; this is an accepted norm around the world, including western countries. Most countries have laws against racial or religious vilification and hate speech. In part of western Europe, it is a criminal offence to question, let alone mock, the Holocaust.

The blasphemy law can be brought in line with similar legislation across the world -- including the West -- by careful amendments. Sherri Rehman and others proposed such amendments. If the law were amended as suggested and the word 'blasphemy' replaced with the more modern phrase 'religious vilification', everybody would be happy, including the secularists.

Well, I agree. At least there should be SOMEONE who will bell the cat. Sherry Rehman was just forced to take that back with a fear of similar assassination. I was really shocked while looking at some Lawyers showering flowers on him. Is this our culture? is this our society. He tried to be Ghazi Ilm deen?

Whoever I have talked to (from lawyers community), they are of the view that this law should be suitably amended, but again the inside fear doesnt let them to speak on this.

Whoever I have talked to (from lawyers community), they are of the view that this law should be suitably amended, but again the inside fear doesnt let them to speak on this.
Why are they so cowardly? What exactly are they afraid of?

Why are they so cowardly? What exactly are they afraid of?

This is the failure of the (civilian) government in providing effective law enforcement. People should be able to conduct a debate without being killed for their views.

This is a systemic failure in Pakistan; it is not restricted to religious debates. Keep in mind that this is the same government that feels no compunction about power blackouts 15 hours/day, rampant political murders in Karachi, and complete collapse of governance in other areas.

Happy B'Day Taseer!...man of one word and dignity and the braveness to stand against radicals.
:tup:

Happy Birthday :(

I wish you were around us and continued the struggle to promote the rights of minorities

Happy B'Day Taseer!...man of one word and dignity and the braveness to stand against radicals.
:tup:

you will like because he was your agent

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Happy Birthday :(

I wish you were around us and continued the struggle to promote the rights of minorities

and heart Muslims feelings so American masters can get happy

I used to follow his twitter account. He seemed like a pretty good guy and he was witty.

His and Shahbaz Bhatti's death were a great loss to Pakistan

I used to follow his twitter account. He seemed like a pretty good guy and he was witty.

His and Shahbaz Bhatti's death were a great loss to Pakistan
by death of them Pakistan has not lost anything

I've read alot of him through articles in the papers and bits of his son's book. He seems like a modern Muslim, and pretty smart chap. One who stood up for the rights of a Christian girl in a country where they said minority had no rights. We need more people like him for the fight against radicalism :tup:

by death of them Pakistan has not lost anything

Yes it lost men who stood up extremists and the belief that people have the right to free speech. The only people who gained by their loss were mullah extremists.

Yes it lost men who stood up extremists and the belief that people have the right to free speech. The only people who gained by their loss were mullah extremists.

don't given me western definition of Extremism because whenever Muslims will follow Islam west will always blame us buy calling us Extremist so I make their life easy and Proudly say I am proud to be a extremist and fundamentalist Muslims and Mullah are extremists because they don't tell you that Islam which Evil Nafs of many people want to listen or follow

wats so nice abt his birthday

the intentions of author and OP are very noble. but pakistani memebers need to ask themselves wat have they done to prevent further rise of extremism. the murderer of salman taseer has almost become a hero. we have read reports of sweets being distributed in streets of pakistan by extremists. wat has govt /military done to stop this.

if some measures are not taken his sacrifice will go waste.

If you don't know then ask, but if you pretend to know it all, then spare us the pontification and allow us to remember him and his memory.

Back
Top Bottom