What's new

Hanwha’s Chairman to Visit Vietnam

LOL said ungrateful nation whose water supply and gas supply still comes from Malaysia and Indonesia.

Why should we be grateful for buying gas? We are buying from Indonesia because it's the cheapest, not because it's the only option. It's like saying China/Europe should be grateful to Russia. By the same token we can say that Indonesia should be grateful as you are earning our money.

Look, I'm all for closer cooperation but you guys need to shed off that self-entitled ahbang attitude.

Speaking of gratitude we are always among the first to lend a helping hand when a natural disaster strikes Indonesia, saving countless Indonesian lives in the rural area. We also helped out Indonesia economically through loans and investments, as well in times of crisis. Yet are you ever grateful to us?

On 28 December 2004, the first flight departed for Medan carrying relief supplies such as food, tents, blankets and medicine. The SAF eventually focused its relief efforts on Meulaboh at the request of the Indonesian government. It was the first foreign aid to reach the fishing town where access had been completely cut off in the aftermath of the tsunami. Over the next three weeks, the SAF built two beach landing points and seven helicopter landing sites in Meulaboh. This opened the way for supplies to reach the town and for Meulaboh to function as a second hub of recovery after the provincial capital Banda Aceh had been inundated with overseas aid. The SAF also provided infrastructural support such as a mobile air traffic tower to ease air traffic congestion at Banda Aceh, a portable water purification plant, telecommunications equipment to improve the communications network and a modular building which served as a coordination centre for relief operations. In addition, the SAF medical team treated 5,174 patients in Meulaboh and Banda Aceh; the LSTs transported 190,000 kg of relief supplies; the helicopters ferried 150,000 kg of relief supplies and 2,500 passengers; and the C-130 and Fokker-50 aircraft carried 240,000 kg of relief loads and 1,200 passengers.

With high current account surpluses, substantial budget surpluses, high savings rates, huge foreign exchange reserves, strong inflow of foreign direct investment, almost non-existent external debt, and negligible non-performing loans, Singapore was able to deter currency attacks and to take timely and bold measures to counter the large negative shocks triggered by the crisis. Because of its strong position, Singapore was able to promise loans of US$1 billion to Thailand and US$5 billion to Indonesia, as part of the IMF “bailout package” for these two countries. In addition, Singapore has used its foreign reserves to intervene directly in the foreign exchange markets, to help shore up the baht and rupiah in the midst of the crisis.

Why should we be grateful for buying gas? We are buying from Indonesia because it's the cheapest, not because it's the only option. It's like saying China/Europe should be grateful to Russia. By the same token we can say that Indonesia should be grateful as you are earning our money.

Look, I'm all for closer cooperation but you guys need to shed off that self-entitled ahbang attitude.

Speaking of gratitude we are always among the first to lend a helping hand when a natural disaster strikes Indonesia, saving countless Indonesian lives in the rural area. We also helped out Indonesia economically through loans and investments, as well in times of crisis. Yet are you ever grateful to us?
Literally almost everybody in this forum are "self entitled" if you stop & think about it. The chinese thinks the world should belongs to them because "reasons," the same with the vietnamese & others. It doesn't mean anything really.

Aid in a time of crisis are to be expected, if you expect someone to be grateful, then you don't know how charity works. But if you asking if there's someone that is grateful then yes there's tons of indonesian that are grateful for singapore's help.

Indonesia & Singapore have an extremely beneficial relationship. More than I can say than any others in the region. Military, economic, social & political. Both sides have reaped the benefits immensely.

Well, i will not flip out if not for your countryman, end case. I am much respect Singapore, as friend and one of the best neighbor. We had much cooperation either in Tech, economy and socio politics program. There is no other country except Singapore where Indonesia leader so eagerly to conduct annual retreat vice versa. And as close friend we usually had some quarrel, but thats will not deter our brotherhood and cooperation slightly . Singapore is friend in need and indeed.

@Indos

Vietnam‘s Hanwha aircraft part factory

Is that something for future engine of Kfx fighter jet?

upload_2018-12-7_18-41-26.jpeg

@Indos

Vietnam‘s Hanwha aircraft part factory

Is that something for future engine of Kfx fighter jet?

View attachment 525141

I dont know man, it looks more like civilian turbo fan/jet to me. I think it will be great for you if South Korean teaches you metallurgy secret of turbo jet/fan.

I dont think US will let you produce some part of F 414 engine, because you are close to Russia.

I dont know man, it looks more like civilian turbo fan/jet to me. I think it will be great for you if South Korean teaches you metallurgy secret of turbo jet/fan.

I dont think US will let you produce some part of F 414 engine, because you are close to Russia.
Those parts can be aero-engine rings. The kimchi installs 120 high precise CNC machines in the plants that are capable to make such parts. Making the entire engine probably not in the first phase but later. Maybe civil first, military later. Vietnam is neutral, not in any military bloc.

upload_2018-12-7_20-10-4.png

They are the flange casing sections + compressor discs at the front.

At the back looks like the main stator assembly.
On the picture I am missing the fans and combustion chamber.

On the picture I am missing the fans and combustion chamber.

Are all parts of engine done in the new VN facility? Or they are starting with only some to start with? I am assuming final assembly will be done back in SK?

Starting out in facility, compressor section is excellent place to start and build up experience in process control and QC...turbine section need lot more capital investment that can come next (so I wont be surprised if Hanwha invests sequentially or keeps VN strictly compressor side only for some time).

Combustion chamber is pretty simple fabrication wise (the cost here comes more from high RnD like what I have been doing last few years in the design of the best fuel flow)...so I dunno if that will have another production line in VN. Fan you can count as pretty much same overall tech as compressor, esp for these military low bypass engines...so if they moved compressor to VN, fan is easy.

Are all parts of engine done in the new VN facility? Or they are starting with only some to start with? I am assuming final assembly will be done back in SK?

Starting out in facility, compressor section is excellent place to start and build up experience in process control and QC...turbine section need lot more capital investment that can come next (so I wont be surprised if Hanwha invests sequentially or keeps VN strictly compressor side only for some time).

Combustion chamber is pretty simple fabrication wise (the cost here comes more from high RnD like what I have been doing last few years in the design of the best fuel flow)...so I dunno if that will have another production line in VN. Fan you can count as pretty much same overall tech as compressor, esp for these military low bypass engines...so if they moved compressor to VN, fan is easy.
I think when Hanwha installs 120 Cnc machines then she can make everything from fan to combustion chamber. The demand is there. Hanwha opens factory because as I read she has over $17 billion in order book so there is s need to expand production capacity. Vietnam says the company agrees to transfer of technology as part of the cooperation so I expect Vietnam companies will join the production process. Good stuff.

It make sense to do final assembly in Vietnam instead in RoK but we will see.

Young Vietnamese don't like Korean people.
Vietnamese are practical people we don’t like the Chinese either but we cooperate with them if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom