What's new

Half a million illegal Indians staying and working in Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, data provided for Indian GDP earlier was in terms of PPP not in real term. But Bangladesh GDP was provided in real term which was $83 billion. Bangladesh GDP in PPP term:

2007 around $356 billion (GDP growth was over 6%)
2008 around $377 billion (GDP growth projected for 2008-2009 about 6%)
(Estimated as there is still 2 months before economic year end. Bangladesh economic year start in June)

The Indian GDP (OER) should read $1.237 trillion and not $3.27 trillion that I had originally stated which is GDP (PPP).

The Indian GDP (OER) should read $1.237 trillion and not $3.27 trillion that I had originally stated which is GDP (PPP).

Thanks Munshi bahi, you are right. Just wanted to show Indians harping here that size of Bangladesh economy is about tenth of Indian economy almost proportionate to population size. Yet we have less land mass and resources.

Yes I now hope they will shut up about how poor Bangladesh is. They have proof that Bangladesh is doing comparatively far better than most of India.

Are you comparing Bangladesh with India or Bangladesh with Some States of India.

I am comparing Bangladesh with India and all its states. The only statistics I am missing is the GDP per capita (PPP) of the individual Indian states. Where can I get those?

I have compiled the following figures which might be wrong but it should be verified in any case. It appears that the only Indian state that is doing better than Bangladesh is Maharashtra in terms of GDP -

Bangladesh $83.04 billion (2008 est.)

India $3.267 trillion (2008 est.)

GDP figures for 2006 - 2007

Maharashtra $86.48 billion

Uttar Pradesh $62.56 billion

Andhra Pradesh $53.83 billion

Tamil Nadu $49.25 billion

West Bengal $47.20 billion

Gujarat $43.33 billion

Karnataka $34.14 billion

Rajasthan $28.40 billion

Madhya Pradesh $25.64 billion

Kerala $26.54 billion

Punjab $24.67 billion

Delhi Territory $21.07 billion

Haryana $25.29 billion

Bihar $18.85 billion

Orissa $18.23 billion

Jharkhand $13.95 billion

Assam $13.00 billion

Chattisgarh $10.38 billion

Jammu and Kashmir $4.85 billion

Uttarakhand $5.15 billion

Himachal Pradesh $5.65 billion

Goa $2.48 billion

Chandigarh Territory $1.97 billion

Meghalaya $1.41 billion

Tripura $1.82 billion

Pondicherry Territory $1.25 billion

Manipur $1.28 billion

Nagaland $1.06 billion

Mizoram $597 million

Arunachal Pradesh $597 million

Sikkim $408 million

The original table that I devised is far more elaborate but I think you will get what I am trying to convey. The figures from the Indian states were very difficult to come by and I had to make some recalculations to get to these numbers but they seem accurate to me but please check them anyway.

I really wonder how people divulge from topic and get away quoting data without sources.

Are you comparing Bangladesh with India or Bangladesh with Some States of India.

Does not matter if one compare whole Indian economy or its state economy with Bangladesh economy, conclusion is decisive - Bangladesh economy is about tenth of a size whole Indian economy consistent with population size of Bangladesh. But Bangladesh has fare much better in performance in 38 years time with much less land mass and resources than India.

On top of it, Indian export to Bangladesh (officially and unofficially) amount close to $10 billion a year. Most of these earning from Bangladesh goes to neighboring Indian state. Given GDP of these indian states, Bangladesh contribution is huge in their GDP calculation.
Most indians who has access to internet, can type and high on indian propaganda dose don’t even realize from where some of the money come from?

Does not matter if one compare whole Indian economy or its state economy with Bangladesh economy, conclusion is decisive - Bangladesh economy is about tenth of a size whole Indian economy consistent with population size of Bangladesh. But Bangladesh has fare much better in performance in 38 years time with much less land mass and resources than India.

On top of it, Indian export to Bangladesh (officially and unofficially) amount close to $10 billion a year. Most of these earning from Bangladesh goes to neighboring Indian state. Given GDP of these indian states, Bangladesh contribution is huge in their GDP calculation.
Most indians who has access to internet, can type and high on indian propaganda dose don’t even realize from where some of the money come from?

Ever heard about SAFTA, SAPTA and APTA.

Yes I now hope they will shut up about how poor Bangladesh is. They have proof that Bangladesh is doing comparatively far better than most of India.

Where is the proof? Noone is going to believe unless you cite credible sources. And dont compare GDSP with GDP.

Your amateur link is hardly worth of any statistics or comments. It seems difficult for you indians to sleep in reality. Oh well dont come looking for job in Bangladesh.

Ohh there goes my dream job :cry::cry: my dream is shattered :eek:

Where is the proof? Noone is going to believe unless you cite credible sources. And dont compare GDSP with GDP.

Proofs provided are not good enough for indians like you and never will be unless it reflects indian propaganda and hegemonic mindset. So help yourself.

Last edited:
idune

i think i have asked you a question.
----
Many times i have said in this thread Bangladesh is ahead of India.

Bangladesh should stop taking Aid from India. I think that money is used for RAW projects.

Aid worth over Taka 250 crore (over US $ 37 million) to help it cope with natural disasters and floods in the past one year (2007-08). India is working with Government of Bangladesh for rehabilitation of ten cyclone-affected villages in the southern part of Bangladesh.

Proofs provided are not good enough for indians like you and never will be unless it reflects indian propaganda and hegemonic mindset. So help yourself.

So, since you coudnt convice us, you are now resorting to India Bashing. Thats the spirit!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom