What's new

HAL To Unveil 'Indian' FGFA Model At Aero India

IIRC , IAF abandoned the requirement of a second seat.

In an interview to India Strategic magazine, IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal N.A.K. Browne has said that all 144 of these will be single-seater aircraft (which explains the modified single-seat wind-tunnel model unveiled recently by HAL).

Livefist: IAF Scales Down FGFA Numbers By A Third: Report

That's only Shiv Aroors interpretation of a blurry picture, b ut when you look closely and to the graphic HAL has on it's website, the cockpit section is clearly bigger than the one of the current T50 prototypes:

FGFA.jpg

Model of Pak Fa, shown at the last Maks airshow in Russia:

t50%20%287%29.jpg

Two seaters were required to distribute the workload since many of the calculations have to taken manually. But with the increasing sophistication of avionics I think the mission computer can do many of the jobs that was previously required to be done by either the pilot or wso and hence one seater would be fine. It also saves on logistics, pilot training etc.

We should focus on 1 seaters. The leftover men should be trained as pilots to increase our AF

Sancho, I dont think thats really a FGFA model. It looks like a rough artist impression and look, its nose
looks ditto Su-30MKI and does not even have any shaping.

FIFTH GENERATION FIGHTER AIRCRAFT (FGFA)

That's how HAL advertise it:

Welcome to Aerospace Division of HAL

So HALs model and this graphic on their official website clearly show a different cockpit section compared to Pak Fa, but similar to MKI.

I am not sure whether this will take another 30 years or even longer.
ooops it looks like you forgot that it took around 35 Years for you to build your first 4th Gen Jet....started as J-9 project in 1969....and Btw i didn't knew that people of your country are so ashamed of communist regime that they prefer to use Hong Kong or Taiwan as their country instead of china....

This looks like very advance model. When are they going to induct these model fighters?

That PAK-FA model would look cool in my house lol

So, does the FGFA have different aerodynamics than the T-50 PAK FA? If not I don't think there is a point of having a model then? If it does, then why not just show a wind tunnel model instead of a plastic one?

So, does the FGFA have different aerodynamics than the T-50 PAK FA? If not I don't think there is a point of having a model then? If it does, then why not just show a wind tunnel model instead of a plastic one?

A Indian negotiating team were in Russia to finalize details on the development contract which was to last 6 months .

In an exclusive interview, Indian air force chief of staff Norman Anil Kumar Browne told AIN, “The contract incorporates our specifications, which are very demanding.” Browne drew a distinction between the FGFA version and the original PAK FA, three prototypes of which are already flying. “We still do not know what [our] final version will be like until we finish. What I can say is that it will be very different from the Russian version, including weapons, avionics and sensors.”

Back
Top Bottom