What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Indian arm forces should go for apache longbow instead of LCH

Why are you posting intentional troll????

When you know that these two are of different categories.

Don't u know the difference between Heavy and Light combat helicopter??

I have noticed in every positive Indian thread you post such rants.

Soon, we will be purchasing some dozen of Apache.

But, its LCH, our own development for different requirements.

Longbow (or for that matter most current attack helos) don't have the performance to operate at heights required in the indian scenario. Efficient operation at heights was the reason for development of dhruv and now LCH

yes we will not break ur heart ,americans have offered as apache and we will purchase it definitly but not at the cost of lch...is that clear

yes we will not break ur heart ,americans have offered as apache and we will purchase it definitly but not at the cost of lch...is that clear
I kindly request our people not to take faithfulguy's comment seriously. We all know what is trying to do here and why are you encouraging him? Please ignore rather than trying to explain him.

Explain to people who don't know stuffs. Not to someone who wants to break the party!!

LiveFist - The Best of Indian Defence: LCH's Hover-Cyclic Flight At 20-metres Successful

LCH's Hover-Cyclic Flight At 20-metres Successful

The first Technology Demonstrator (TD-1) of India's Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) conducted an extended hover and slow-speed cyclic manoeuver routine yesterday at a height of a little over 20 metres. Everything went beautifully. TD-1 is not weaponised, and will be put through its full flight routines without a single weapon on board. Yesterday's flight was a confidence-building one in the run up to a formal first flight. Sources say there will be several such "confidence building" flights in the run up to the inaugural first flight in April. Wing Commander Unni Pillai piloted the LCH flight yesterday.

Sources confirmed to LiveFist, "Everything went beautifully. It was not a rigorous test, just to get the platform airborne and see how she held up in the air. Everything went fine. A degree of weight issues have been sorted out, but there is still some work to be done. That will be sorted out with TD-2 and TD-3. Now the focus is to validate the design and ensure it is a perfectly capable flying machine, which we of course know it is."

HAL has decided not to put out photos of videos of the flight, though it was , of course, photographed and videographed. Let's see what can be done!

where is the flight video or account? all i see is a painted bathtub.

It really makes no sense. It just creates more differences between two of us. I am not sure if your comments were based on your knowledge or based on anti India thoughts. I would totally respect you and your comments however, you should also think the same way.

This kind of remarks are going to increase the difference among our selfs.

Request you to take care in future. Hopefully you understand my friend!!!

From my side.....I was waiting for this beast to fly from last 3 months...finally the day has arrived...

:sniper:

LCA-Tejas has completed 1334 Test Flights successfully. (26-Mar-10).

* LCA has completed 1334 Test Flights successfully
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-132,PV3-210,LSP1-58,LSP2-146,PV5-8).

Lch-first-flight-what-it-must-have-been

2ecb6d1010be54095244ae0ef00e96f2.jpg

While HAL clamps down on publicising the Light Combat Helicopter's first flight, I think we'll have to be satisfied with this for a while, until we get some real photos! Stay tuned.

Artist's Impression by Shiv Aroor

India test flies light combat chopper successfully-Politics/Nation-News-The Economic Times

BANGALORE: India has successfully flight tested a prototype of the Light Combat Helicopter (LCH), designed and developed by the state-run Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL), a top official said Tuesday.

"The maiden test flight of the LCH Monday evening was successfully. Though it was a short haul lasting about 20 minutes, the performance was good," HAL chairman and managing director Ashok Nayak told IANS.

The 5.5-tonne attack copter is a derivative version of HAL's flagship product Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH), christened Dhruv.

"We will be conducting more test flights to evaluate its various parameters at different altitudes and conditions. We are looking at reducing the weight considerably for better manoeuvrability," Nayak said.

Made of lightweight composites, the LCH can operate at high altitudes up to 6,000 metres or 18,000 feet.

The prototype was flown with Shakti engine, developed by HAL in partnership with Turbomeca, the French manufacturer of aero engines for global aerospace majors.

"Plans to launch the flight trials of LCH have been going on over the last couple of months but got delayed due to reassessment of its various functions and flight control systems," a official of the company's copter division said.

HAL plans to hard-sell about 150-175 units of the LCH to the Indian defence services, mainly Indian Air Force (IAF) and Indian Army, which already operates the military version of Dhruv for various functions.

Senior officials of the company's helicopter division and IAF were present at the HAL airport to witness the test fight.

The LCH will be equipped with a helmet-mounted targeting system, electronic warfare systems and advanced weapons systems.

The LCH will incorporate a number of stealth features and crash-worthy landing gear for better survivability. It will have a narrow fuselage, with two crew stations.

BANGALORE: India has successfully flight tested a prototype of the Light Combat Helicopter (LCH), designed and developed by the state-run Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL), a top official said Tuesday.

"The maiden test flight of the LCH Monday evening was successfully. Though it was a short haul lasting about 20 minutes, the performance was good," HAL chairman and managing director Ashok Nayak told IANS.

The 5.5-tonne attack copter is a derivative version of HAL's flagship product Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH), christened Dhruv.

"We will be conducting more test flights to evaluate its various parameters at different altitudes and conditions. We are looking at reducing the weight considerably for better manoeuvrability," Nayak said.

Made of lightweight composites, the LCH can operate at high altitudes up to 6,000 metres or 18,000 feet.

The prototype was flown with Shakti engine, developed by HAL in partnership with Turbomeca, the French manufacturer of aero engines for global aerospace majors.

"Plans to launch the flight trials of LCH have been going on over the last couple of months but got delayed due to reassessment of its various functions and flight control systems," a official of the company's copter division said.

HAL plans to hard-sell about 150-175 units of the LCH to the Indian defence services, mainly Indian Air Force (IAF) and Indian Army, which already operates the military version of Dhruv for various functions.

Senior officials of the company's helicopter division and IAF were present at the HAL airport to witness the test fight.

The LCH will be equipped with a helmet-mounted targeting system, electronic warfare systems and advanced weapons systems.

The LCH will incorporate a number of stealth features and crash-worthy landing gear for better survivability. It will have a narrow fuselage, with two crew stations.

India test flies light combat chopper successfully-Politics/Nation-News-The Economic Times

good man i wish we could export similar numbers which will bring some money to the DRDO as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom