What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do helis have air refuling capabilities?
I just thought it dangerous with that big rotor spinning

Yup, helos do have air-air refueling capabilities. Atleast some do.
3234f2597e3233cbc57e2ce74ea94914.jpg

And the risks involved!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Indian arm forces should go for apache longbow instead of LCH

this beauty is indeed going to be a beast in the battle field

542cb9163a2d2ba921a4ca4436674ea4.jpg

9d501328f27b144e114f37db2c315b54.jpg

I think Indian arm forces should go for apache longbow instead of LCH

Why should we not???? Apache is better, its heavy fighter, but we have our own life aswell, we Have to develop aswell, not that we have to be always dependent on some one else

where is the flight video or account? all i see is a painted bathtub.

where is the flight video or account? all i see is a painted bathtub.

Well, Its not been put on Internet... I wonder why.... And This looks like a bathtub to u?? :lol: ... And please when U cannot make one, please dont criticize others...

Last edited:
I'm already liking the lean shape of the body - LCH. Looks like a Killer.

I'm already liking the lean shape of the body - LCH. Looks like a Killer.

yes, its looks good..... This is going to be a killer.... Well HAL is doing a good job, and This would be a platform for India to take up the project for heavy combat Helicopters.... We are well On track... Steady and smooth growth...

SOME MORE PICTURES OF LCH

27cd990d5942b2f3540d3d10683ccfe2.jpg

9d8b419c4a238d30c447c475c3bd76a8.jpg
c274a5357285b229ceaa86ad176859b3.jpg

bb87178e1c54927d9691f500fd40e916.jpg

666a2f31f9998ae038607e8aaead4791.jpg

Wow this is such fantastic news :yahoo:

I have been waiting for this first flight since December.. finally they made it :cheers:

Can't wait to see the beauty flying.. any Bangloreans lucky enough today to catch a glimpse of the bird???

Good Job HAL.. keep it up :tup::tup::tup:

Bangalorean here,
no views yet. Its under wraps like the arihant. There is a pattern there I think.Good strategy but bad for fans. :P

Apart from landing gear it looks nice and modern. I think its called the same as Planes in Helis too.

good work.:)

I read something about retractable tricycle landing gear on LCH somewhere. not sure though and can't remember the source. But since they identified LO as one of the targets for LCH it would make sense to go for retractable landing gear.

Do helis have air refuling capabilities?
I just thought it dangerous with that big rotor spinning

Yeah in fact its quiet a standard on modern helis. even older Ah-64Ds have aerial refueling. Its more complicated though I guess, with the rotor moving a lot of air about.

And as Kiran mentioned in the earlier post, the cost is the biggest factor. And when this killer is manufactured in great numbers then the low cost would be the killer more than the actual heli (for the enemy :) of course).

Also, I would like to mention this,

1. LCA is taking a long time and lot of $$$ since its the first of its kind.
2. LCH did not take a long time and not too much cost (at-least comparatively)
since it is a derived version of already home made Dhruv.
3. With the above things in mind, I'm having a great dream of MCA which, according to me should not take a lot of time and $$$.

Good Luck HAL and India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom