What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the work we did so far on fighter radars failed as well! The LRDE puls doppler radar isn't ready and mature yet either. LCA MK1 most likely gets the EL 2032, with some mission computers from India. That's just what we do with MKIs BARS radar, or what we plan to do with FGFAs radar, but our own basic radar is not even capable enough to be fitted to the Jaguar upgrade, so what does it tell you about how realistic or risky it is, to make LCA MK2 dependent on the indigenous AESA?

Indigenous puls doppler radar project should be killed right away, because it's far too late for that tech, especially if it only comes for early MK2s. Let them focus on indigenous AESA, but add it to any platform when it's actully ready and not only by the hope it could be ready soon. In the meantime take a proven foreign AESA, to make the Mk2 uprgade simpler and on time.

@Dillinger told here yesterday that we may get trm's from outside.

Even I am not convinced as we have failed to make even a simple fucking pulse doppler radar.

And guess what,even after this we will have no new policy to increase private participation or move to increase disinvestment in drdo/hal/ofb!

Part of the problem also lies in rigid employee unions,they won't perform but won't let a new player given a chance too.

Unless new govt takes some bold steps,we are pretty much gonna be fucked as far as indigenization goes.

Same 90 pc imported dhruv or 60 pc imported tejas.

@Dillinger told here yesterday that we may get trm's from outside.

Even I am not convinced as we have failed to make even a simple fucking pulse doppler radar.

And guess what,even after this we will have no new policy to increase private participation or move to increase disinvestment in drdo/hal/ofb!

Part of the problem also lies in rigid employee unions,they won't perform but won't let a new player given a chance too.

Unless new govt takes some bold steps,we are pretty much gonna be fucked as far as indigenization goes.

There is no way around it, as long as there is no domestic fabrication eco-system there can't be domestic production of TRMs, as to whether such a thing (domestic manufacture) is mandatory, can't say since I don't have cost benefit data on this subject.

One of the things for example is that as long as the IP/IR of the components is in your hands getting sub-components from foreign vendors is not exactly catastrophic.

It didn't matter how many subsystems were imported for the first Dhruvs, but that you get that development done!
It didn't matter how many subsystems were imported for the Gripen, but that they get that development done!
So it shouldn't had matter how many subsystems were imported for the Tejas, but that we get that development done finally!!!

It didn't matter how many subsystems were imported for the first Dhruvs, but that you get that development done!
It didn't matter how many subsystems were imported for the Gripen, but that they get that development done!
So it shouldn't had matter how many subsystems were imported for the Tejas, but that we get that development done finally!!!

That matters.
It is the only thing that matters in the long run.

India simply sucks in engineering,yup even in software development.

And remember an economy based on consumption(india)will not grow forever.we need to manufacture goods.

Coming back to tejas,its much more imp being able to make subsystems of a jet than a jet with imported stuff.
And for that,the whole indian industry is to be blamed.not just hal/drdo.

Far too less money is being allocated for research at all levels to expect any change soon.

That matters.

Wrong! Because in the long run, you replace the foreign parts with indigenous once, that's what is called steady progess! The ammount of foreign parts in the Dhruv MK1 and in the latest versions is completely different, similarly, we could have started with foreign radar and engines for LCA, just to ease the fighter development and replace them in later batches, when indigenous alternatives are available. The replacement of foreign parts is even one of the few success stories, because we did the same in older Migs, and Jags, do it today with MKI, or Mig 29 varients and will continue to do it with FGFA in future. But the best is, that we learned and gained know how in the helicopter field, which today results in Rudra, LCH and LUH developments on our own, while we are stuck in the fighter field.

Wrong! Because in the long run, you replace the foreign parts with indigenous once, that's what is called steady progess! The ammount of foreign parts in the Dhruv MK1 and in the latest versions is completely different, similarly, we could have started with foreign radar and engines for LCA, just to ease the fighter development and replace them in later batches, when indigenous alternatives are available. The replacement of foreign parts is even one of the few success stories, because we did the same in older Migs, and Jags, do it today with MKI, or Mig 29 varients and will continue to do it with FGFA in future. But the best is, that we learned and gained know how in the helicopter field, which today results in Rudra, LCH and LUH developments on our own, while we are stuck in the fighter field.

What did we replace?can u specify?

We can't make simple lcd screens so I am pretty unsure we made a critical part on our own.

Yes tejas engine starter in indigenous,frame is our own.any other substantial part?Are we using indigenous maws or rwr(tarang)?

In 10 years gaN aesas will be out,irst range may increase to 200 km and we will improve slowly so each year the gap is widening.

We alocate peanuts for research thats why we are where we stand.
Unless the consumer manufacturing base evolves,nothing is gonna happen.
Can we make lcd pannels?
Can we even design an ARM chip
Can we make a radome(lol)remember tejas radome problems

All these things are basics,we cannot even produce our own solar pannels for satellites.

Can we make the optical sensors of our uav's?
Can we make a good night vision goggle without tot?
Can we make the telephone modems on large scale?

For the first time last year we started making warship grade steel.

We are way way behind others in engineering.the economy is chugging along just due to services sector,mainly the IT industry.

Last year I had fight with others on kf-x thread when I said we won't be able to make indigenous aesa,everyone called me pessimistic but guess I was proved right.

Our engineering basics are worse than a country with population of 7 million(israel).i mean how bad can it get from this?

We require a radical change starting from educational institutions to have any hope of future,we cannot progress with negative or zero growth in manufacturing(scenario now)

What did we replace?can u specify?

Froeign glass cockpit, displays and avionics with Indian once, foreigen engine with co-developed once, indigenous EW sensors...and as soon as Helina is ready, we even will have the first Indian weapon for it (I still hope that we add CLGM to Rudra too). And with every step, we further improve our capabilities in R&D or production, that's how the Indian aero industry gain the most, with a good learning curve and not by aiming high and falling deep.

Btw, in the recent interview with DRDO's Director General Dr. K. Tamilmani, he stated that there was never a funding issue in any of the development projects and that the lack of money was never a reason for the delays. So much for the cheap excuse that we are spending not enough. :disagree:

Froeign glass cockpit, displays and avionics with Indian once, foreigen engine with co-developed once, indigenous EW sensors...and as soon as Helina is ready, we even will have the first Indian weapon for it (I still hope that we add CLGM to Rudra too). And with every step, we further improve our capabilities in R&D or production, that's how the Indian aero industry gain the most, with a good learning curve and not by aiming high and falling deep.

Btw, in the recent interview with DRDO's Director General Dr. K. Tamilmani, he stated that there was never a funding issue in any of the development projects and that the lack of money was never a reason for the delays. So much for the cheap excuse that we are spending not enough. :disagree:

Nothing even remotely path breaking in those things.

If money was never a problem then HAL is more incompetent than I anticipated,i used to think that money was an issue:mad:

We just need private players,HAL has enjoyed the monoply for far too long.

As I said earlier,doctors remaining same private hospitals>>govt hospitals.

Why?
Accountability,profit generation and business expansion is the goal so automatically u work/have to work twice as hard.

With fixed salary and pension after retirement whether u work hard or not,stop expecting miracles.

HMMmm... Grippen NG is among the best one and even IAF like it over Tejas.
Just shut the f@ck up Nishan kid :mad:
Dont begin to pull things out of your rear.
@Oscar : sir what happen to banning idiots form sticky threads who post false data ??? This guy is having delusions is purchases. Please send him to supermarket off this thread.

That matters.
India simply sucks in engineering,yup even in software development.
And remember an economy based on consumption(india)will not grow forever.we need to manufacture goods.
Coming back to tejas,its much more imp being able to make subsystems of a jet than a jet with imported stuff.
And for that,the whole indian industry is to be blamed.not just hal/drdo.
Far too less money is being allocated for research at all levels to expect any change soon.

So many times we have discuss it. I still don't believe you are raising same point..

Is it wise to make nut and bolts for prototypes?

Any news on sp 1 and sp 2.

They'll be manufactured I think by next year. SP-3 and SP-4 will be the first two operational Tejas as part of the No 45 Daggers squadron. They'll be manufactured I think by the time J-20 is operational.

They'll be manufactured I think by next year. SP-3 and SP-4 will be the first two operational Tejas as part of the No 45 Daggers squadron. They'll be manufactured I think by the time J-20 is operational.

J20 will take at least 10 years for IOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom