What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there may be some persons in Indian defense establishment who don't want TEJAS full operational.in my opinion each time air force rejects it and calls for new modification, design team is in problem not air force is.

Well there may be some persons in Indian defense establishment who don't want TEJAS full operational.in my opinion each time air force rejects it and calls for new modification, design team is in problem not air force is.

Air Force didn't reject anything, they even ordered an additional squad of MK1s, although they knew that the required flight performance specs can't be met. The problem is that there development and finishing IOC and FOC requirements are running far too slow, so unless the industry gets their act together there is nothing to induct.

@sancho well said but air force feed back in case of daily use is far better then evaluation process,air force knows that government will provide money in any case even if IAF says to buy f-22 Indian government will allocate funds but if governments says to IAF like PAF stick to tejas make it better and defend using it, i am sure things would much better all they know is we have money if not tejas then some other machine.

if governments says to IAF... stick to tejas make it better and defend using it, i am sure things would much better all they know is we have money if not tejas then some other machine.

Not really, because IAF doesn't develop the fighter DRDO does! So if the government forces IAF to take a fighter below the required standards, that gives DRDO only more freedom to jump on other things, rather than to keep focusing on improving the the fighter or the developments they are running. And as I said, if IAF simply looked on money and other fighters, they wouldn't had increased their order of MK1 and placed an order of MK2 in the first place and had waited for orders until at least IOC 2 and the MK2 prototype would be ready, but IAF didn't and showed their commitment to the fighter!

@sancho @SpArK @ni8mare @sathya @greatone @Gessler @fsayed @Krate M
1. G K Kumaravel of the Combat Vehicles Research Development Establishment (CVRDE), Avadi, head of the Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT) Mark 1 and 2 programmes
2. Squadron Leader (Retd) Baldev Singh, Director (Corporate Planning & Marketing) at HAL; former Executive Director Flight Operations and the Chief Test Pilot (Fixed Wing) at HAL's Bangalore Complex
3. KK Josh, 34, chief engine room artificer (CERA) at Shipbuilding Centre
4. Abhish Shivam, 33, a chief engineer working at INS Arihant, India's first nuclear-powered submarine.
5. Air Commodore Parvez Khokhar, 70, former project director of India's indigenous fighter aircraft Light Combat Aircraft

Definite Arms mafia out killing these persons which must be investigated(source-indiandefenceforum)
what do say about this all.

Either IB or NIA must start investigation , otherwise I will take this as government s work..

When politicians were given A to Z class security , why not a basic security for scientists ?

At least bring those responsible for killing to justice..

It's a shame that even ratnas of country also left in dark...

@sathya In India and Pakistan politicians get full security because they are elected but not common man gets security who elects them.In Pakistan these peoples enjoy full security and protocol, and peoples comment waste of tax money.

SOON???? I don't think it will be possible...given the rate of production is currently 4 Tejas/annum.

That's the initial rate, which always starts slow but it's expected to peak at 16 a year witin 1 or 2 years. However I agree that the "soon" part is not really realistic.

That's the initial rate, which always starts slow but it's expected to peak at 16 a year witin 1 or 2 years. However I agree that the "soon" part is not really realistic.

is there any possibility the LSP aircrafts modified and given to IAF, after FOC ?

is there any possibility the LSP aircrafts modified and given to IAF, after FOC ?

Possible yes, but I guess they will remain prototypes for testing of systems, rather than proper IAF fighters. Lets see about that.

Possible yes, but I guess they will remain prototypes for testing of systems, rather than proper IAF fighters. Lets see about that.
Last two LSPs to give IAF along with SP1 & 2 as per earlier reports.

Any idea when sp 2 will hit the sky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom