What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you Know it is FUNDED to whom ? -- America the largest economy of the world.
And not only funded but also amercia take many inputs fron english companies in designing.
Engine is joint effort of GE and rolls roy(General Electric/Rolls-Royce F136 )
Some of the weapon are from MBDA.

And if those 4 nation are capable of producing their own,then why they go for joint product?

and what wrong in that,if we are harping just anything of LCA as indigenous.
we never say that LCA is 100% indigenous.

i had my doughs but you proved to be the biggest idiot of defence.pk and a lot from bk.
US version is indigenous and does not "take any inputs from english companies in designings" and only the british version is modified to their own needs. and tell me which MBDA armament US will use?

Last edited:
i agree . lca is not 100 % indigenous but we have developed some key technologies on our own (fbw system ,composites and so on ) . and look who is talking the one who has not even made a cycle back home .

congratulations for "developing some key technologies on your own such as FBW and composites and so on". lol another :crazy: being from BK.

‘‘Only 30 per cent of the airframe is Indian, the fly-by-wire control, avionics and engine are not ours, said Air Chief Marshal A Y Tipnis

congratulations for "developing some key technologies on your own such as FBW and composites and so on". lol another :crazy: being from BK.

‘‘Only 30 per cent of the airframe is Indian, the fly-by-wire control, avionics and engine are not ours, said Air Chief Marshal A Y Tipnis

where did you learn this .

source plz .

i had my doughs but you proved to be the biggest idiot of defence.pk and a lot from bk.
US version is indigenous and does not "take any inputs from english companies in designings" and only the british version is modified to their own needs. and tell me which MBDA armament US will use?

Look .. who is talking ??????

LiveFist

Update on LCA Tejas

The IAF will shortly place an order with HAL for eight LCA Tejas twin-seat trainers, powered by the current GE-F404-IN20 engine. Therefore, the force will operate a total of 28 fighters (including the first batch of 20 single-seaters) with the current engine, the one that is unsuitable for any follow-on fighters since it doesn't provide enough thrust. The first twenty fighters will begin delivery by 2011. But following this, the production line will lie vacant for upto 12 months for HAL to re-tool and reconfigure its facilities to produce the LCA with a new and more powerful engine (possible the Eurojet or another). The IAF's rationale is that it doesn't really need an initial tranche of trainers powered by an uprated engine. Therefore, HAL can use the idling time between the two engine configurations, to build eight trainers powered by the IN20 itself.

LiveFist

Update on LCA Tejas

The IAF will shortly place an order with HAL for eight LCA Tejas twin-seat trainers, powered by the current GE-F404-IN20 engine. Therefore, the force will operate a total of 28 fighters (including the first batch of 20 single-seaters) with the current engine, the one that is unsuitable for any follow-on fighters since it doesn't provide enough thrust. The first twenty fighters will begin delivery by 2011. But following this, the production line will lie vacant for upto 12 months for HAL to re-tool and reconfigure its facilities to produce the LCA with a new and more powerful engine (possible the Eurojet or another). The IAF's rationale is that it doesn't really need an initial tranche of trainers powered by an uprated engine. Therefore, HAL can use the idling time between the two engine configurations, to build eight trainers powered by the IN20 itself.

It's a very good move by IAF and HAL to keep the production line busy.

PC what is the funda behind a 2001 news?

be it 2001 or 1988, its part of your history! The fact still remains that LCA is not as indeginous as claimed by most of or all of indian military fanboys on internet those warriors from BK.

be it 2001 or 1988, its part of your history! The fact still remains that LCA is not as indeginous as claimed by most of or all of indian military fanboys on internet those warriors from BK.

Uh what is your problem haan? Have they exploited you in some way or what? What is part of history? If you have some FACTS present it or don't brag with some 8 year old news item.

I think lca was supposed to be developed with help from lockheed martin but after the nuclear tests they pulled out and we had to make everything on our own. so, wrt that news item the statement was true but not now. for example india developed the fly-by-wire on its own unlike whats mentioned in that article. please wakeup:coffee:

I think lca was supposed to be developed with help from lockheed martin but after the nuclear tests they pulled out and we had to make everything on our own. so, wrt that news item the statement was true but not now. for example india developed the fly-by-wire on its own unlike whats mentioned in that article. please wakeup:coffee:

tyical of uneducated delusional BK product! India tested Nukes in 1998 and this artical was written in 2001! so nice try lil fello! btw all sort of bans have been lifted from india. US is supplying just about anything india is asking for LCA the engine is the prime example.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom