What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
One question regarding the Kaveri engine. If the AMCA were to be ready by the end of this year (hypothetically) will the present Kaveri engines with a thrust of around 80KN be sufficient for the fighter? Since it is going to be equipped with 2 such engines the total thrust would be 160KN. Would this be sufficient or are there other parameters that also need to be taken into consideration?

The most important parameter "Reliability". Even if Kaveri will be ready, unless it is proven reliable on testbeds , It won't and shouldnot be commissioned..

After completion Kaveri will need 3-4 Years of continuous testing on LCA Prototypes or AMCA Prototypes..

The most important parameter "Reliability". Even if Kaveri will be ready, unless it is proven reliable on testbeds , It won't and shouldnot be commissioned..

After completion Kaveri will need 3-4 Years of continuous testing on LCA Prototypes or AMCA Prototypes..

I think its still overweight with low t/w ratio due to metullargical constraints.

Same is case with our cryogenic engine,low t/w,see the t/w of japanese or chinese cryos.

But its a vce anyway so even more difficult to produce as few countries have a prototype vce,forget about production variant.
Lets hope for the best

Come on its now 2014...and LCA is yet fully functional...I have now given up hope. Given a chance DRDO and HAL keep working on it till eternity.

Come on its now 2014...and LCA is yet fully functional...I have now given up hope. Given a chance DRDO and HAL keep working on it till eternity.

Wait for some pro drdo and hal guys to come and bash you-HAL has been making a fool of everyone for quite some time now

Delays apart, how good will the final products be? The LCA MK2, LUH and Sitara?

When will SP-1 and SP-2 roll off the line? That government mandate to have them manufactured by the end of March sure didn't work. :coffee:

Wait for some pro drdo and hal guys to come and bash you-HAL has been making a fool of everyone for quite some time now
Hopefully the next govt will bring in Pvt sector in R&D & reform these useless orgs
Btw
DRDO Aur HAL hai bekar
Abki baat Modi sarkar

One question regarding the Kaveri engine. If the AMCA were to be ready by the end of this year (hypothetically) will the present Kaveri engines with a thrust of around 80KN be sufficient for the fighter? Since it is going to be equipped with 2 such engines the total thrust would be 160KN. Would this be sufficient or are there other parameters that also need to be taken into consideration?
No because Design has not been finalised yet so we dont know anything about specs and thereby thrust of engines required,and AMCA is a dead project so dont hope too much from it.
And Kaveri engine can sustain thrusts of 75 kn only and is oveweight also.It wont be certified in less than 3 years.

Delays apart, how good will the final products be? The LCA MK2, LUH and Sitara?
LCAMK2-Too early to say anything.
LUH-Good and it is not a combat helicopter
Sitara-It is beyond joke.
LCH-Excellent,deadly,dont have words to describe its beauty
ALH Dhruv-Same as LCH

No because Design has not been finalised yet so we dont know anything about specs and thereby thrust of engines required

150KN would not be enough for a fifth generation fighter?

and AMCA is a dead project so dont hope too much from it.

Why would you say this?

150KN would not be enough for a fifth generation fighter?
It totally depends on specs of fighter planes.
Why would you say this?
Because IAF does not want this fighter but DRDO wants to devlop it for cutting the technological gap but there is a lot of burden and a lot of projects are going on like MTA,RTA,FGFA,Sitara,NLCA,LCAMK1,LCAMK2(leaving all the helicopters and UAV'S) so there are both funding and human resource's problems and currently all the projects are running behind schedule so they have been told to focus on current projects instead of venturing out for new projects.

It totally depends on specs of fighter planes.
Because IAF does not want this fighter but DRDO wants to devlop it for cutting the technological gap but there is a lot of burden and a lot of projects are going on like MTA,RTA,FGFA,Sitara,NLCA,LCAMK1,LCAMK2(leaving all the helicopters and UAV'S) so there are both funding and human resource's problems and currently all the projects are running behind schedule so they have been told to focus on current projects instead of venturing out for new projects.

It does not.
For meaningful supercruise above mach 1.4 we need good thrust.

But yeah t /w is the actual factor as rafale with total of 150 kn of wet thrust can carry same stuff as su-35 with 300 kn(8 tonnes)....due to lower weight.plus it can supercruise too

Can you share a link to prove that the IAF does not want a 5th generation fighter? As for LCA, Sitara, HUL, Saras etc they're all in the last phases of development. The design work of the Advanced Medium combat aircraft has already started 'Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft by 2018' -The New Indian Express I think the first prototype will be ready by the same time the LCA Mk2 would be ready for induction. By 2025 the AMCA should be ready for induction. Am I too off the mark on this one?

Can you share a link to prove that the IAF does not want a 5th generation fighter? As for LCA, Sitara, HUL, Saras etc they're all in the last phases of development. The design work of the Advanced Medium combat aircraft has already started 'Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft by 2018' -The New Indian Express I think the first prototype will be ready by the same time the LCA Mk2 would be ready for induction. By 2025 the AMCA should be ready for induction. Am I too off the mark on this one?

U are way off the mark on everything except tejas mk2

U are way off the mark on everything except tejas mk2

How could I be off the mark on everything when I've only made two claims? Lets see. LCA, Sitara, HUL, Saras are indeed in their last stages of development. Can't possibly be off the mark on this one. You probably disagree with "By 2025 the AMCA should be ready for induction" Let me push it ahead by 2-3 years say 2028. Agree/Disagree?

Just read sticky threads in other Indian forums man,IAF has not rejected it but has not supported it also.Everybody knows that.

Yeah LCA is undergoing certification phase,major devlopments have been completed.

Sitara-It is beyond joke,Dont ask from me about it.

LUH-HAL has started working on LUH project from last year only.The deadline is 2018 but they are saying that they will complete it by 2015/2016(as they have completed other projects and gained experiences from it)

AMCA-The link you have shared wanted to convey that first prototype will be ready by 2028.There is difference bw induction and getting ready first prototype.Even if we manage to do that it will be a very good achievemnet and something to be proud of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom