What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be your perception towards him.
What i think is, he is more informed than most of the desi journalists u r talkin abt.

you must come with some credible sources to back your claim rather than some internal sources
as engine development is not kind of classified technology that drdo has to hide from the world.

Either you are immature or have some comprehension problem.

Who is Prasoon Sengupta?
Some engineer/scientist working in Safran or HAL?
Was he involved in developmental work of Shakti engine?
Are officials from both reputed company lying?
Is website of Safran hacked where they gave detail about Shakti engine?
Where is source for Chor gupta's assumption?
I gave you all the links, they are from OEM's website, if you still can't understand then sorry no one can help you.

Your argument for Boeing and involvement of US companies for Tejas development is far from truth.
1. Scorpene got delayed due to Indian company, it always take time to absorb the new technology which you don't have.
2. Lockheed will be far better than Boeing as far as fighter aircraft development is concerned, look at the US fighter competition itself.....who lost all recent fighter aircraft competition to Lockheed. So if its a matter of choice then why not go for best option.
3. France helped HAL to develop engine for Helicopter and gave 70% real TOT, US will not even give 10%.
4. We have quite good experience with US companies during sanction period, not only they stopped helping us but also confiscated our equipments for many years, due to that we had to start from scratch for many systems which delayed our project for more than 3-4 years.
5. We don't want foreign companies to dump their old technologies in name of TOT, this is the reason we said no to Kaveri engine joint development project. We wanted French to develop next gen engine tech with us, but they wanted to dump their 3rd gen engine tech, where as every other country like Russia, UK and American is either using 4th gen engine or switching to 5th gen engine technology.

1.) There will always be delays with the French when it comes to TOT.. the excuse machine keeps rolling.. I mean it's been what 10 years since the Scorpene deal was signed and not a single sub as of yet? I hear the first one won't arrive until 14 years after signing the contract and even that without AIP, the technology that was at the core of the TOT? If that's the case, then you have to really wonder, is TOT really worth it when it takes you 20 years to A.) get a critical force multiplier... and B.) Get the knowledge even after everyone else has it?

2.) Doesn't matter who's better between lockheed and boeing, both of them are betting that anything India has and right now Boeing is on the down-swing, why would you not want to take advantage of that?

3.) 70% only? And that for a helicopter engine that anyone should be able to make?

4.) Keep living in fear of sanctions, but this era is a whole new one. You have an opportunity to get a leader in the aeronautical industry to come in and help with your industry and you're just going to balk at it?

5.) If that was true, I pity the Indian heads of state. You should have taking the French offer of 3rd generation engine tech. You need to crawl before you walk and for a country that can barely build 1st generation SCB's, it would have been a huge boost in technological advancement for your Aero Industry.

But they are not as critical as fighter planes. So yes for a time being buying large no.s of offensive machines .. uncheck.

fighter jet engines are the most critical part of a jet and you buy them in bulk from America... check.

Either you believe HAL + Safran or a yellow Journalist, its up to you.

So either we believe a procrastinator (HAL) or a liar (Prasun). Not giving me a lot of options here bud, both are just as stupid.

Either you are immature or have some comprehension problem.

Who is Prasoon Sengupta?
Some engineer/scientist working in Safran or HAL?
Was he involved in developmental work of Shakti engine?
Are officials from both reputed company lying?
Is website of Safran hacked where they gave detail about Shakti engine?
Where is source for Chor gupta's assumption?
I gave you all the links, they are from OEM's website, if you still can't understand then sorry no one can help you.

What link r u talking abt?
Have u given any link regarding secret engine development u are talking abt?
i don't buy such theories without any proof or reports.

1.) There will always be delays with the French when it comes to TOT.. the excuse machine keeps rolling.. I mean it's been what 10 years since the Scorpene deal was signed and not a single sub as of yet? I hear the first one won't arrive until 14 years after signing the contract and even that without AIP, the technology that was at the core of the TOT? If that's the case, then you have to really wonder, is TOT really worth it when it takes you 20 years to A.) get a critical force multiplier... and B.) Get the knowledge even after everyone else has it?

2.) Doesn't matter who's better between lockheed and boeing, both of them are betting that anything India has and right now Boeing is on the down-swing, why would you not want to take advantage of that?

3.) 70% only? And that for a helicopter engine that anyone should be able to make?

4.) Keep living in fear of sanctions, but this era is a whole new one. You have an opportunity to get a leader in the aeronautical industry to come in and help with your industry and you're just going to balk at it?

5.) If that was true, I pity the Indian heads of state. You should have taking the French offer of 3rd generation engine tech. You need to crawl before you walk and for a country that can barely build 1st generation SCB's, it would have been a huge boost in technological advancement for your Aero Industry.

fighter jet engines are the most critical part of a jet and you buy them in bulk from America... check.

Tell me when you go to market only to buy bread then will shopkeeper give you butter along with it? No
1. AIP was not the requirement when Scorpene deal was made. I don't know from where you got this information that AIP was part of TOT.
2. New technology always take time to materialize, especially in country like India who never manufactured Submarines from scratch on its own.
3. US never shares critical technologies with even close NATO countries leave India aside (F-35, F-22, engine technology, radar technology.....) We don't want technology such as how to make tyres for aircraft? or rudders for aircraft. We want AESA Radar technology, we want technology for at least present generation aircraft engine.
4. Show your superiority to your own people, we don't owe you anything. We already have 2nd gen engine technolgy (3rd gen is already in development) in testing phase, why would we allow foreign company to dump their 3rd gen engine tech for such a high price.

Live in fools paradise that India is country of rug and tug peoples who are living in caves. Your Boeing and many other European company are using few technologies which was developed for our Tejas program.

What link r u talking abt?
Have u given any link regarding secret engine development u are talking abt?
i don't buy such theories without any proof or reports.

You are just trolling, this is my last reply for you.
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited

http://www.spslandforces.com/news/?id=37&h=Turbomeca-strengthening-ties-with-Indian-operators

http://www.safran-group.com/site-safran-en/aerospace/aerospace-propulsion/helicopter-engines/ardiden-271/

Last edited:

It is the critical part but its only one part and now IAF can buy 100's of them in surplus for future use but it is still one part not the full fighter jet .. uncheck

It is the critical part but its only one part and now IAF can buy 100's of them in surplus for future use but it is still one part not the full fighter jet .. uncheck

Thank you for agreeing with me.

genius three of above links land me to same page and that doesn't s say anything abt that 70% of your tot claim
and neither I am interested in your useless trolling and baseless claims

Team Tejas for Mobile Telemetry System

TEJAS-MTS.jpg

Racing towards final operational clearance (FOC) by the end of this year for the LCA Tejas Mk.1, the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) is looking for a fully integrated mobile telemetry system (MTS), comprising the entire system inside an air-conditioned shelter mounted on a truck platform.

In addition to the MTS currently stationed in Goa, the ADA is looking for a vendor or consortium to undertake the design, development, supply, installation, testing, commissioning, maintenance and operation of a new generation MTS. Major telemetry subsystems will be supplied by ADA, sourced separately. The MTS will need to be fully deployable anywhere in the country, and air transportable by Il-76 or C-17 Globemaster III.

The scope of work includes an air-conditioned container-style shelter with interiors, military grade diesel generator power system with UPS, antenna system (will be provided by ADA and shall be integrated onto the vehicle by the vendor with suitable telescopic masts), 19 rack mounted telemetry and communications subsystems, air conditioning systems (military grade), high performance vehicle, lighting and electrical system, monitoring stations and video displays and telescopic masts.

Team Tejas for Mobile Telemetry System | idrw.org

LCA Flight Status Update

2475th flight on 31 Jan 2014
TD1 : 233 TD2 : 305 PV1: 242 PV2: 222 PV3: 381 PV5: 36 LSP1: 74 LSP2: 290 LSP3: 183 LSP4: 110 LSP5: 246 LSP7: 77 LSP8 : 65 NP1: 11

2492nd flight on 21 Feb 2014
TD1 : 233 TD2 : 305 PV1: 242 PV2: 222 PV3: 381 PV5: 36 LSP1: 74 LSP2: 290 LSP3: 191 LSP4: 110 LSP5: 246 LSP7: 77 LSP8 : 73 NP1: 12

Team Tejas for Mobile Telemetry System

TEJAS-MTS.jpg

Racing towards final operational clearance (FOC) by the end of this year for the LCA Tejas Mk.1, the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) is looking for a fully integrated mobile telemetry system (MTS), comprising the entire system inside an air-conditioned shelter mounted on a truck platform.

In addition to the MTS currently stationed in Goa, the ADA is looking for a vendor or consortium to undertake the design, development, supply, installation, testing, commissioning, maintenance and operation of a new generation MTS. Major telemetry subsystems will be supplied by ADA, sourced separately. The MTS will need to be fully deployable anywhere in the country, and air transportable by Il-76 or C-17 Globemaster III.

The scope of work includes an air-conditioned container-style shelter with interiors, military grade diesel generator power system with UPS, antenna system (will be provided by ADA and shall be integrated onto the vehicle by the vendor with suitable telescopic masts), 19 rack mounted telemetry and communications subsystems, air conditioning systems (military grade), high performance vehicle, lighting and electrical system, monitoring stations and video displays and telescopic masts.

Team Tejas for Mobile Telemetry System | idrw.org

I see this truck everyday while commuting to office :P

Lets see what he thinks of Tejas. Any comments from him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom