What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Sukhois is India selling? Of you're referring to the ex-IAF MKs the Russians are possibly selling to the Angolans then this has ZERO to do with India. These birds were sent back to the Ruskies a long time ago when the full-spec MKIs were delivered.

Actually I'm saying we could have retained them. We could have run them coz we have the infra and we knew the force levels were going down.

Actually I'm saying we could have retained them. We could have run them coz we have the infra and we knew the force levels were going down.
This was about a decade ago. And the MKs were ONLY ever a temporary measure until the full MKIs were ready for service.

This was about a decade ago. And the MKs were ONLY ever a temporary measure until the full MKIs were ready for service.

I know, this was the initial batch. But considering the real no. of aircraft are coming down, I'm curious as to why we actually gave them off. As the bisons go down and the Rafale & LCA takes time to come in, would have helped maintain nos. Sure they're not MKIs, but then neigther are the bisons.

Based on opinion of one biased person whose blog is full of baseless self made figures.. you biased as you are .. are forwarding it. Hence it makes me think if ANY of your posts has anything of actual information other than copy paste loghorrea.. a term that means information dioherria.. whether that information is actually correct or not.

There is NO AoA figure of JF-17 provided..not even in official briefing by PAC nor by the Chief designer.. and yet you have chosen to state that fact.. and still believe BS.. Bravo Hari...there is something called nationalism.. and there is something called blind jingoistic idiocy.

Hence all you are going is looking around to diss the JF-17 without proof or anything. So I think it best to ban you from all aviation threads so you stop your repetitive parroting of baseless figures.

Let assume if JF-17 AoA is high then PAF /PAK writers go gaga about its, when especially JF-17 shows with moke-up missile models even they have not tested yet.

therefore its safely assume that JF-17 AoA is not good thats why Jf-17 production was stopped for a while.

TEJAS Team Set New Record of 500 Flights in 2013

The previous record stood at 300 sorties.In 2013, the team participated in seven detachments across the country and carried out tests like shutting off and reignition of the engine, high energy brake testing, flight envelope expansion, missile firing with radar guidance, air-to-ground weapon testing and wet runway trials, the DRDO said.

TEJAS Team Set New Record of 500 Flights in 2013

I know, this was the initial batch. But considering the real no. of aircraft are coming down, I'm curious as to why we actually gave them off. As the bisons go down and the Rafale & LCA takes time to come in, would have helped maintain nos. Sure they're not MKIs, but then neigther are the bisons.

It was just a single squadron, so they wouldn't had made a difference wrt to squadron numbers and IAF wanted a common technical base for training and tactics and they had different radar, avionics, no canards or TVC.
IF there would be a need for a fast addition of fighters, we just would order more fighters from the original vendors, instead of licence producing them all in India ( 22 x MKIs from IRKUT + 20 x from HAL, instead of 42 x from HAL till 2017).

Let assume if JF-17 AoA is high then PAF /PAK writers go gaga about its, when especially JF-17 shows with moke-up missile models even they have not tested yet.

therefore its safely assume that JF-17 AoA is not good thats why Jf-17 production was stopped for a while.

That is the most unsafe assumption ever. The JF-17 production was halted for reasons that had NOTHING to do with the aircraft. I suggest such notions be dropped permanently or its propagators shut up until they have proof.

So I think it best to ban you from all aviation threads so you stop your repetitive parroting of baseless figures.

Oscar Sir , If you seriously going to Ban this guy please extend that courtesy to other members who do the same in many thread irrespective of Nationalism ;)

Just a wish BTW

Oscar Sir , If you seriously going to Ban this guy please extend that courtesy to other members who do the same in many thread irrespective of Nationalism ;)

Just a wish BTW

Use the report system. Ive already banned a Pk member from the PAF stickys for posting irrelevant pointless material.

Use the report system. Ive already banned a Pk member from the PAF stickys for posting irrelevant pointless material.
That will do but I will mention you with the quote ;)
Thanks

My statement doesn't infer that LCA is just good as MiG21.

Of course it isn't. Mig21 is WAY better.

1. Mig 21 is a legend in world's aviation industry.

2. Mig 21 has been serving many countries across the world for decades.

3. Mig 21, produced by many countries in thousands, has been tested countless times in real wars and conflicts.

What does LCA have in comparison?

First make it fly reliablely,

then try to make it officially inducted in the airforce in large numbers,

then try to export (for profit) 1 or 2 of them ,

then test how it pans out in a small conflict,

then you might have a tiny realised bragging right to try to compare with the legendary Mig 21.

At the moment, LCA is nothing, it can not even compare or deal with China's good old J-7G in point defence and interception. J-7G is way faster, serving for decade/s thus fully tested.

Last edited:
J-7G is way faster, serving for decade/s thus fully tested.

Yes the J-7G/F-7MG is a fine point defence interceptor.. but it does not hold a candle to the capability of the potential operational Tejas. Be it in range, load carrying capacity, avionics capabilities(both current and growth) and design. Yes, the F-7BGI for e.g. is a great point defence interceptor and if armed with a HMD/HOBS combo might give the tejas a run for its money at close range.. but as such it will not be able to matche the Tejas in engaging at BVR ranges and avoiding counterattacks through electronic means. The F-7G is something thought up by Grumman(as part of the Super 7 program) engineers in the early 80's. and that is the level it is..

The biggest flaw for the Tejas was its protracted development program that has garnered it a fair share of critics. otherwise its a fine little aircraft..

Flight test update:
LCA-Tejas has completed 2448 Test Flights Successfully. (17-Dec-2013).
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-380,LSP1-74,LSP2-289,PV5-36,LSP3-180,LSP4-102,LSP5-240,LSP7-77,NP1-6,LSP8-62)
To:
LCA Tejas has completed 2467 Test Flights Successfully. (02-Jan-2013).
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-381,LSP1-74,LSP2-289,PV5-36,LSP3-183,LSP4-110,LSP5-246,LSP7-77,NP1-7,LSP8-62)

Flight test update:
LCA-Tejas has completed 2448 Test Flights Successfully. (17-Dec-2013).
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-380,LSP1-74,LSP2-289,PV5-36,LSP3-180,LSP4-102,LSP5-240,LSP7-77,NP1-6,LSP8-62)
To:
LCA Tejas has completed 2467 Test Flights Successfully. (02-Jan-2013).
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-381,LSP1-74,LSP2-289,PV5-36,LSP3-183,LSP4-110,LSP5-246,LSP7-77,NP1-7,LSP8-62)
I hope we will get to hear about the TD flight with EW integrated. Any idea when that might happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom