What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have work with Indian engineer. They don't know what is schcdule. If I date a meeting on 4:00, they will appear when 4:30.
Well sparky
May be that's because you cant spell worth a damn and your grammar is equally inept . It is "Schedule" not schcdule, and it's schedule a meeting not "date a meeting"

seniors got time to reply these trolls but not a genuine question ! how sad :(

:dance3:maybe, English is not our official language. I am no good at . slides , diagram and code is enough for communication
Well sparky
May be that's because you cant spell worth a damn and your grammar is equally inept . It is "Schedule" not schcdule, and it's schedule a meeting not "date a meeting"

Are you saying that @AUSTERLITZ never thought of putting a aew&c radar on top of a LCA and you thought of that.

No. I am saying you are a fool and a troll. Do not reply to me troll and waste my time.

Its always better to be cautious and reserved that brag too much. I applaud you for that.

For the weak and cowardly, it is always better to be cautious. That advice pretty much sums you up. LOL.

Sounds like you are ready for a repeat experience of LCA MKI for LCA MKII.

Of course I am. I love success stories.

Tejas LCA will be battle-ready by 2014: Browne

Tejas, India's first indigenously designed and developed Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), would be fully battle-ready by 2014, Indian Air Force chief N.A.K. Browne said in the Meghalaya capital Thursday.

"Tejas, a fourth-generation fighter aircraft, will replace MIG 21 ... and the aircraft will be the LCA Mark I Type. Forty of them will be inducted by the IAF by end-2014," Air Chief Marshal Browne told journalists at the Advance Landing Ground in Upper Shillong.

"Eight days from now, I will head to Bangalore, where we are doing the acceptance of the initial operation clearance, the second operation clearance, for the Tejas LCA so Defence Minister A.K. Antony will also be there."

The air chief, who retires Dec 31, was here on a farewell visit to the Eastern Air Command headquarters.

"We have already begun work to develop Tejas Mark Two aircraft which will be fitted with GE engines. The Mark II Type aircraft will be developed from the basic Mark I and it will have far better improvement in radar systems, powerful engines and even other features," Browne said.

"It (Tejas Mark II) will also have more fuel, more powerful engine and that will actually be the future for the air force in terms of replacement for MIG 21," he said.

Apart from the Tejas aircraft, the Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) Rafale fighter aircraft would also be inducted to further strengthen the assets of the Indian Air Force, the outgoing air chief said.

"Negotiations are going on with regard to the Rafale fighter aircraft. We have a little bit of a set back, as you know, the JSO (joint secretary-operation) who was handling the case passed away two months back. However, a new joint secretary has been appointed last week to take charge of the negotiations. They are having meeting this time. I am hopeful that by next year we are able to wrap up this case," Browne said.

He said delivery of the French MMRCA Rafale fighter aircraft was expected to take place by 2017.

On the phasing out of MIG-21 aircraft, Browne said: "It was a watershed moment for the Indian Air Force because this was the (MIG 21) aircraft which all our fighter pilots, including me and a generation of pilots, had been trained on. It has done its job well."

"So one major phase has passed, and now we look forward to the induction of the Tejas in the Indian Air Force," he said.

Tejas LCA will be battle-ready by 2014: Browne | Business Standard

:dance3:maybe, English is not our official language. I am no good at . slides , diagram and code is enough for communication

My parents or any one who was remotely connected to my knew good english
So I also had to learn it from scratch do you see my Messing it up like you
You are to damn lazy to learn it properly
That is the thing

First of all, even with an AESA, LCA will not even be close the Rafale in terms of capability. That's just a dream, since the AESA puts it only technically in the same generation that a Rafale is (also with similar avionics and EW capabilities), but it doesn't make it equal in flight performance, weapon carrying, range...
Secondly, we don't need CAD designs of the fighter to develop a weapon pod, that will be added on an external hardpoint.
And at last you didn't understand what the problem with LCA is in this regard:

MSF09-0028-137-thumb-450x582.jpg

1009596_688745947819307_1465038809_o.jpg

jkpzdx6j.jpg

As you can see, the Silent Eagle has attached the weapon pods to the side of the airframe, next to the air intakes. That is not possible with the LCA, since the gears and gear bays are extracting to the sides. Similarly, since the gears are housed directly next to the centerline station, there are lenght and width restrictions, once reason the centerline fuel tank is smaller than those at the wings. These size restrictions makes it not possible it add a weapon pod similar to the Silent Hornet, that could house any useful weaponload internally. So to add a weapon pod alone, we would have to re-model the gears, gear bays and fuselage, which at least could increase the width but still will limit the lenght.
LCA is simply designed to be very small and light and not to offer a lot of space in and around the airframe, that's why it's future potential for such RCS reductions is very limited, unlike with bigger medium or heavy class fighters. We even have difficulties to add more avionics and systems to the small airframe for the MK2, to make it 4.5th gen ready, so no matter what software we might have, it's no use when the platform don't offer the size and potential for such upgrades.
ADA/DRDO might aim on shaping the airframe a bit, but that only brings the clean RCS down and not the loaded / operational one, so no matter what they claim, that hardly will have an effect and has nothing to do with stealth at all.

One more reason for AMCA

Tejas LCA will be battle-ready by 2014: Browne | idrw.org

Tejas LCA will be battle-ready by 2014: Browne

Tejas, India's first indigenously designed and developed Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), would be fully battle-ready by 2014, Indian Air Force chief N.A.K. Browne said in the Meghalaya capital Thursday.

"Tejas, a fourth-generation fighter aircraft, will replace MIG 21 ... and the aircraft will be the LCA Mark I Type. Forty of them will be inducted by the IAF by end-2014," Air Chief Marshal Browne told journalists at the Advance Landing Ground in Upper Shillong.

"Eight days from now, I will head to Bangalore, where we are doing the acceptance of the initial operation clearance, the second operation clearance, for the Tejas LCA so Defence Minister A.K. Antony will also be there."

The air chief, who retires Dec 31, was here on a farewell visit to the Eastern Air Command headquarters.

"We have already begun work to develop Tejas Mark Two aircraft which will be fitted with GE engines. The Mark II Type aircraft will be developed from the basic Mark I and it will have far better improvement in radar systems, powerful engines and even other features," Browne said.

"It (Tejas Mark II) will also have more fuel, more powerful engine and that will actually be the future for the air force in terms of replacement for MIG 21," he said.

Apart from the Tejas aircraft, the Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) Rafale fighter aircraft would also be inducted to further strengthen the assets of the Indian Air Force, the outgoing air chief said.

"Negotiations are going on with regard to the Rafale fighter aircraft. We have a little bit of a set back, as you know, the JSO (joint secretary-operation) who was handling the case passed away two months back. However, a new joint secretary has been appointed last week to take charge of the negotiations. They are having meeting this time. I am hopeful that by next year we are able to wrap up this case," Browne said.

He said delivery of the French MMRCA Rafale fighter aircraft was expected to take place by 2017.

On the phasing out of MIG-21 aircraft, Browne said: "It was a watershed moment for the Indian Air Force because this was the (MIG 21) aircraft which all our fighter pilots, including me and a generation of pilots, had been trained on. It has done its job well."

"So one major phase has passed, and now we look forward to the induction of the Tejas in the Indian Air Force," he said.

Tejas LCA will be battle-ready by 2014: Browne | Business Standard

very good news :yay::dance3:

very good news :yay::dance3:

Yes indeed...and one should also think that if IAF has decided to retire the Mig-21's ..this means they have an alternative in their minds and it is Tejas. It is good to see the pace at which things have proceeded in the past few months. But this speed has come after Antony woke up after 9 years of sleeping as defense minister and poked his finger deep in the HAL arse. I hope this pace will continue with MK2..as it is what IAF needs...the MK1 would just be a support and training platform.

You are a 100% right(boppin my head like a southy ).Today.

What seems impossible today, might make it look like a joke tomorrow.:D

Oh personally I do think it is possible for us to develop weapon pods, just not for LCA. But as we know DRDO and co, they will feel hurt in their pride if our forces will ask them to develop a stealthy weapon pod for MKI and would insist on the development of a stealth fighter instead. :rolleyes:

One more reason for AMCA

As i said, if the reasons and aims to develop it are good and according to the requirements of our forces, I fully support it, but what ADA and DRDO showed so far is just BS to show of their "capabilities".

Well sparky

He don't know the difference... forget him bud..

Tejas to replace MiG-21: Air Chief

Shillong: Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne on Thursday said that light combat aircraft 'Tejas' will replace the iconic MiG-21.

The Tejas is India's first indigenously-designed and developed Light Combat Aircraft (LCA).

"One major phase has passed over and now we look toward the new induction into the force. The LCA will replace the MiG-21," Browne told reporters at the headquarter of Eastern Air Command here.

"We will get 40 aircraft and that will be the Mark-I type. Tejas will be battle ready by end of 2014," he said.

Defence Minister AK Antony would officially hand over initiation of acceptance of the Tejas into the force at its birthplace in Bengaluru on December 20, the IAF Chief said.

Browne, accompanied by his wife Kiran, was here on a two-day farewell visit and also attended a Commanders' Conference of the Eastern Air Command.

According to Browne, works are on for developing Mark-II type 'Tejas' with improvement in radar system and other add-ons and it will be inducted into the force at a later stage.

Asked on air defence scenario in the Northeast region, Browne said, "North East area is important to us. We have plans for induction of radars for the hilly terrain. We have a series of systems that ensure that the air defence is impregnable."

He said one squadron of Sukhoi would be based in Tezpur by next year, adding that the latest squadron was being formed at Sirsa in Punjab.

On the MiG-21 FL which was phased out after 50-years of service, at a function at Kalaikunda Air base in West Bengal yesterday, Browne said, "It's been a memorable moment for the Air Force and also a watershed moment as the aircraft which trained all the fighter pilots including myself and generations of pilots."

"It has done its job. It has done well," he added.

Tejas has been developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation with Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), Bangalore, as the lead laboratory and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited as the production partner.

The MiG-21 FL -- a variant in the MiG-21 series of fighter aircraft -- that heralded the dawn of the supersonic jet era for the Indian Air Force half a century ago, on Wednesday passed into military aviation history at an emotional fly past and parade at an air base in West Bengal.

Two pairs of MiG-21 FLs took off with a deafening roar from the runway of the Kalaikunda air base at 9.45 am for one last time on Wednesday, ending a 50-year-long association with the IAF.

The jet -- that has been flown by nearly three out of every four fighter pilots of the IAF since its induction in 1963 and dealt telling blows to the Pakistan Air Force during the 1971 war -- made its final pass in a four-aircraft box formation over the tarmac area.

It was a nostalgic moment for Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne and many other weather-beaten IAF veterans who had flown the jet and experienced the distinct "kick" of its reheat, regarded by aviation experts as quite unlike any other fighter jet's "reheat" experience.

today MIG 21 FLs of our air force were retired ! is it because of the tejas IOC 2 ( as reports are there that it will be inducted on 20th of this month) or it was pre planned irrespective of this IOC ? :what:
Aircrafts are produced overhauled and decommissioned in batches, Not all Mig21FL's will be decommissioned immediately, the ones that are at tail end of flight hours will see decommissioning. Usually you do not want to decommision aircrafts from a sqdn without replacement, there are also other situations where certain sqdns low on numbers will train on with different air base and cross train...
So as LCA thejas Mk1 gains production numbers, you will see them replacing fishbed variants appropriately.

One more reason for AMCA
You are highly mistaken !!!
I am sure if Mr. Sarswat was there he would have translated it as "One more reason for LCA MARK-3" with stealth features !!!!!!

And Mr. Chandar isn't behind too much. Just for change why cant anyone try to promise something that they can keep :hitwalls:
ADA has also briefed Business Standard that the Tejas Mark II would have more fuel capacity for added range; a retractable mid-air refuelling system; a DRDO-built Airborne Electronically Scanned Array radar; world beating air-to-air missiles; an on-board oxygen-generating system, and a state-of-the-art Electronic Warfare suite to confuse enemy radars and sensors. “Eventually, the IAF is very likely to have at least 200 Tejas fighters in its fleet,” says Chander

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom