What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
18lp.JPG

I have never heard of that. Pl provide the source. DRDO at the most would state that LCA will have some features of 5th generation aircraft. It is very much possibel because the stuff used in FGFA may be used in Tejas.

FAGFA power plant is too poerfull for aircraft like AMCA. It can not be used else AMCA will start behaving like a missile.

I was suggesting scenario where AMCA is single engine and shares power plant with FGFA.

FGFA's engine will have thrust of 18,000 kg; more than combined thrust of Mig 29 (16,600 KG).

The other idea (mine) is to develop AMCA in JV with france being powered by engine based on M-88 2 which will have thrust of 11,000 KG.

The reason is S type intake reduces thrust of engine so so much thrust is needed which means in reality AMCA will be able to have thrust of 18,000 KG.

I was suggesting scenario where AMCA is single engine and shares power plant with FGFA.
FGFA's engine will have thrust of 18,000 kg; more than combined thrust of Mig 29 (16,600 KG).

Its fine. I misunderstood.

We can plan something like F 35 in that case.

Idea of AMCA with JV is good. I can foresee Israel as partner.

Idea of S duct will give excellent stealth but reduce airflow. We can try something like we did in FAGFA.

Its fine. I misunderstood.

We can plan something like F 35 in that case.

Idea of AMCA with JV is good. I can foresee Israel as partner.

Idea of S duct will give excellent stealth but reduce airflow. We can try something like we did in FAGFA.

That's why I am wanting engine thrust to be 11 ton (in case its twin engine).

Which means even after reduction in airflow and the fact that jet engine never operates at full capacity(expect 5% drop and ) AMCA will produce thrust of 18,700.( Total reduction in thrust 15%. Rest 10% due to reduction of airflow.)

@sancho @Capt.Popeye

Thank you for sharing your personal reaction. I farted after reading your comment too.

An indigeneous AESA radar by DRDO,tell me truthfully do u really think they can build this and still get tejas mk-2 on time?If it was imported from israel,perhaps.
Don't get me wrong..that they are getting an home built radar is great ,but i'm skeptical and given history have a right to be skeptical about these bold claims.

An indigeneous AESA radar by DRDO,tell me truthfully do u really think they can build this and still get tejas mk-2 on time?If it was imported from israel,perhaps.
Don't get me wrong..that they are getting an home built radar is great ,but i'm skeptical and given history have a right to be skeptical about these bold claims.

They have already built a AESA Radar for our AEW&C program and AESA swordfish radar for our ABM system. So I have no reason to doubt their ability or their claim.

They have already built a AESA Radar for our AEW&C program and AESA swordfish radar for our ABM system. So I have no reason to doubt their ability or their claim.

That it has taken them so long just to get IOC-2 is enough for me to doubt them.

I have seen the assembly line in HAL , Bangalore ....... Congrats to HAL :cheers:, They are working under a tight schedule during the past months :tup:.

Moving from a gigantic AWACS AESA radar to a much smaller radar to be fitted in the radome of the already small Tejas fighter which only has as much power as can be provided by the engine 84(?)kN engine, is a massive challenge.

Much more difficult than the development of a large AESA radar.

Moving from a gigantic AWACS AESA radar to a much smaller radar to be fitted in the radome of the already small Tejas fighter which only has as much power as can be provided by the engine 84(?)kN engine, is a massive challenge.

Much more difficult than the development of a large AESA radar.

No one has claimed its easy. What is your point ?

Wow,
Congratulate to all Indian members, for this fighter just seems incredible.
But nothing less was expected from determined souls toward self confidence & reliance.

If push comes to shove these govt agencies can deliver. I hope am right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom