What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
September is done. No news yet of IOC-2.
I see two things going wrong.
1) DRDO/ADA/HAL has obviously delayed the hell out of this project and is not complete yet.
2) IAF without taking what is available and improving it, is sitting for that perfect machine. When you have a donkey, use it till you get something else.

I think IAF is also wrong induct the thing first & then improve it
That's what US did with the F-16s
Itne nakhre achi baat nahi hai :astagh:

This is a 'september 1st' news. Why are you posting this now dude?? It can mislead people.

Old news dude. It wast news from TOI posted on 1st september.

I was Just waiting for Final Operational Clearance (FOC) by this month end.

I think they are pushing to make Tejas ready to compete with Rafale perhaps? A decision on Rafale could be possible next year.

Also LSP-5 is carrying ordnance while LSP-8 not .... :D

LSP -5 is carrying drop tanks too while LSP -8 isn't :lol:

I was Just waiting for Final Operational Clearance (FOC) by this month end.

Isn't it IOC-2 that is scheduled by the end of this month? As far as I know, FOC will come much later.

I think they are pushing to make Tejas ready to compete with Rafale perhaps? A decision on Rafale could be possible next year.

It would be like taking the body of Mirage 2000 and put some new sensors and avionics on it to compete with Rafale.

LSP 5 or LSP4
Indian+Light+Combat+Aircraft+LCA+MK+II+Tejas+Fighter+Jet++drdo+Radar+Development+Establishment++LRDE+To+Develop+AESA+Radar+MKII+2+MI-I+operation+first+flight+deployed+20121314151617181920+(1).jpg

LSP8
LCA%2BMarch-747029.JPG

I do not think there are any visible differences, Can any one find any?

Look at the air intake of LSP 8. i believe that Air intake design issue is resolved.

LSP-5 is painted in grey while LSP-8 in yellow

It is a primer and not Paint.

Also LSP-5 is carrying ordnance while LSP-8 not .... :D
Can anybody Gauze the weight of Payload on LSP 4-5.

The Air Intakes appears bigger in the yellow one. could be due to the paint difference.
Nope,

They are really bigger.

Last edited:
@Oscar

Colombia seeks new fighter purchase

The perfect chance to offer LCA MK1 with Israel touch and marketed by them. If I'm not wrong the Kfir's already use EL 2032 and Dash HMSs, just like Griffin LGBs and Litening LDPs. The commonality and the low procurement /operating costs, coupled with the Israeli support could provide them even with 2 x squads of new fighters, instead of a mix of new and 2nd hand in 1 x squad.
That's why I'm saying, the focus of IAF/IN on LCA MK2 should not stop HAL to market the MK1 to export countries, if possible with Israeli help!

I think the focus should be on export primarily. The IAF/IN are getting fighters in either case from other sources as well. An export will surely boost the confidence of the intended primary operators as well.

I think the focus should be on export primarily. The IAF/IN are getting fighters in either case from other sources as well. An export will surely boost the confidence of the intended primary operators as well.

Looking only on export is not possible, since the forces have important requirements as well and there must be cost-effective indigenous solutions too, be it LCA or an AMCA, just not both. From todays point of view on threat perceptions and the future potential of LCA beyond 2020, AMCA instead of LCA would make sense, but for the industrial growth LCA is simply too important to not finish it. Not to mention that ADA/DRDO maybe even HAL doesn't really look on commonality, rather than to develop everything on their own and that will delay any AMCA project too.
So all in all, LCA remains to be important, but exports are important and that requires better marketing!

AK Antony to induct LCA into Air Force on December 20

NEW DELHI: After a delay of over two decades and several cost overruns, indigenously developed Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas will be inducted in the IAF later this month in Bangalore.

The under development aircraft achieved another significant milestone today with the launching of an infrared seeking air-to-air missile that hit the target with precision and destroyed the target, a DRDO statement said.

The Initial Operational Clearance-II of the aircraft will be done on December 20 at its home-base in Bangalore after which it will be inducted into the IAF by Defence Minister AK Antony, Defence officials said here.

The aircraft will be the LCA Mark 1 and 40 of them will be inducted by the IAF and the DRDO and HAL will continue to make improvements in it and that more powerful and capable version would be inducted later in the force, they said.

The IAF, if everything moves ahead as per the present plans, will have a total of seven squadrons of such aircraft which comes to about 140 aircraft.

The aircraft project was sanctioned in 1983 at a cost of Rs 560 crore, the project will be completed exactly 30 years after it was launched at an approximate overall cost of around Rs 25,000 crore.

Even after its induction into the IAF, the aircraft will undergo several tests in the force and will have to attain the Final Operational Clearance (FOC) for getting ready for full operational deployment.

Meanwhile, the missile firing test demonstrated the required parameters and was conducted off the coast of Goa in Arabian Sea, DRDO said.

DRDO chief Avinash Chander congratulated the missile testing team, saying that with "this launch of missile from Tejas and successfully hitting the target in the first shot, we have demonstrated the total weapon system capability of LCA Tejas."

The LCA has been undergoing weapon release flight tests, for its operational clearance and eliminated an aerial target towed by the pilotless target aircraft Lakshya using its infrared seeker air-to-air missile.

AK Antony to induct LCA into Air Force on December 20 - The Economic Times

Good news!!

Does anybody know if an official designation is in order a la HF-24 Marut .

It would be like taking the body of Mirage 2000 and put some new sensors and avionics on it to compete with Rafale.

Yes making aircraft are as simple as that,BTW from where did you get body of mirage = body of LCA argument?

Looking only on export is not possible, since the forces have important requirements as well and there must be cost-effective indigenous solutions too, be it LCA or an AMCA, just not both. From todays point of view on threat perceptions and the future potential of LCA beyond 2020, AMCA instead of LCA would make sense, but for the industrial growth LCA is simply too important to not finish it. Not to mention that ADA/DRDO maybe even HAL doesn't really look on commonality, rather than to develop everything on their own and that will delay any AMCA project too.
So all in all, LCA remains to be important, but exports are important and that requires better marketing!

Dont you think having couple of 5th generation fighter would be more headache to maintain?.. i guess we are not US or China.. we have a very limited budget.. and with budget cuts going on... i dont see AMCA an option in future.... PAK-FA would be a single solution and it is equal to 180+ .. may be Tejas can be fine tuned like silent eagle..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom