What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was apparently, something to do with the LCA being overweight. I can't remember properly, but the last time I asked in the indian section, the weight problem came up.

Yes it was 600 Kg overweight.. I think that will be taken care in LCA MKII.. I have not come across any forum where it says that it was rectified...

Thanks for correcting me, If this figure is correct then I can assume the weight issue has been taken care..

Thank you Sancho but do not you think that it is too low & should be at least Mach 1.8. Our Jaguar & Mig 27 has much higher speed with a comparatively less powerful engine. Is it because of Drag? I heard that LCA MK2 will have more refined aerodynamic & 3 % performance improvement will come from It. isn't 3% too low? Can LCA Mach 1 will ever touch Mach 1.8? I also see LCA take some more time to get air born compare to grippen though It gains speed rapidly. Is it because of lack of Canard?

One more question. Will LCA be able to match the performance go Grippen?

I am not sure if HAL/DRDO has tested it at full speed. Wait till we come to any conclusion..

Though its offopic: The handling of plane at higher speed is become difficult. In Vietnam war Mach 2.0 F4s were proven fail to MiG19 (correction needed).

As it will be point defense fighter LCA must have speed of Mach 2.0 and better accelaration, which I assume will be achieved soon.

Mach 1.8 was the goal, but they didn't seemed to reach it yet, some reports suggested the small but rather thick wings as a possible problem. Most of the drag reduction features that the MK2 will have, are already implemented in the latest LSP version, like the new APU coverings, or some changes at air intakes. Drag is sadly a general problem for our designs as it seems, since most of our aircrafts are facing the same problems (see the latest changes of LCH for example). So finding thigs to counter that, next to weight reductions and increased thrust will be important to reach the initial goals.

LCA MK2 will have several capabilities that are similar to Gripen NG, be it the same engine, AESA radar, but the Gripen NG is meant to be a medium class 4.5 gen fighter and therfor includes changes to carry higher loads too. LCA MK2 will be a 4.5 gen fighter too, but still aimed on the light class. Without additional hardpoints, or more internal fuel carriage, it won't be able to have similar loads like the Gripen. But then again, it don't have to, since IAF has way better platforms for these roles. As an interceptor with CAS capabilities, it will be very comparable to the Gripen again, but we will have to wait for all details of the MK2 till we can say more.

We can not be so conclusive yet. wait for complete trail...

trial * .

Jamnagar Detachment- July 2013 - LSP-3, LSP-5, LSP-7

Before_TO%40Night-XL.jpg

Taxing-out-XL.jpg

ROUTINE_LANDING-XL.jpg

On-Landing_Roll%40GWL-XL.jpg

Chute_out-XL.jpg

before-TO%40GWL-XL.jpg

Before_Airborne-XL.jpg

Back-to_Dispersal-XL.jpg

%40JAM-XL.jpg

it is LCH not LCA that has weight issues.

it is LCH not LCA that has weight issues.

First prototype of LCH was over weight by 500 Kg but 200-300 KG was slashed down in second prototype. It is planned to bring it at Par with designed weight by the start of normal production.

@sancho and others

Can LCA MK1 Supercruse ? If not than LCA MK2 will? What will be the highest speed at which it can fly without using after burner?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
[img[http://gallery.tejas.gov.in/Gallery/Jamnagar-Detachment-2013/i-tMdffkV/0/XL/Before_TO%40Night-XL.jpg[/img]

[img[http://gallery.tejas.gov.in/Gallery/Jamnagar-Detachment-2013/i-tMdffkV/0/XL/Before_TO%40Night-XL.jpg[/img]

Jamnagar Detachment- July 2013 - LSP-3, LSP-5, LSP-7

Before_TO%40Night-XL.jpg

Taxing-out-XL.jpg

ROUTINE_LANDING-XL.jpg

On-Landing_Roll%40GWL-XL.jpg

Chute_out-XL.jpg

before-TO%40GWL-XL.jpg

Before_Airborne-XL.jpg

Back-to_Dispersal-XL.jpg

%40JAM-XL.jpg

okhy i was about to post it....... thanks :P

LCA also have overweight problem which partialy rectified.

Do you have any source? DO you know the actual weight of LSP8? Do you know High AOA trial begun? When are they going to begin? Or they are to be carried out in FOC? Will MK 2 reach AOA 28 degree or More? Is there any plan for canard LCA either for navy or IAF?

Sanco ji PL Help.

Do you have any source? DO you know the actual weight of LSP8? Do you know High AOA trial begun? When are they going to begin? Or they are to be carried out in FOC? Will MK 2 reach AOA 28 degree or More? Is there any plan for canard LCA either for navy or IAF?

Sanco ji PL Help.

I am currently use PDF through cellphone so I will post source later.
Actual weight of LSP8 is not official but it is expected to slightly 200-300kg overweight to planned.

Mk1 has planned AOA is 24 degree & currently it has 22 degree & hope target would be achieved till FOC

MK2 has plan for 28 degree AOA but we should for real specification untill first prototype rolled out.

There are no plan of canards for any LCA version.

I am currently use PDF through cellphone so I will post source later.
Actual weight of LSP8 is not official but it is expected to slightly 200-300kg overweight to planned.

Mk1 has planned AOA is 24 degree & currently it has 22 degree & hope target would be achieved till FOC

MK2 has plan for 28 degree AOA but we should for real specification untill first prototype rolled out.

There are no plan of canards for any LCA version.

Thanks.

Can you pl tell me the highest speed struck by LCA till date?

Can you pl tell me whether it can super cruse?

Thanks.

Currently its maximum speed is 1.4 mach & target is 1.6 till FOC. Probabaly MK2 have 1.8 mach speed.

No, LCA does not have supercruise capability in MK1 version. For MK2 we have to wait & watch official specification disclosure of its first prototype.

Thanks.

MK-I
Current AoA 22 degree
Weight : Under control , some 2 year ago it was 600-700 kg heavier, look like that problem has been solved (open 2 year old discussion on BharatRakshak you will find this issue)
High speed: 1.4 Mach achieved till date..
Super cruise : No as per my info no supercruise tested for MK-I
Night flying capability: I personaly witness LCA night flight so there is no doubt on it
Weapons trial: Dumb bomb tested at chitradurga range
SRAAM was tested in Goa, Flight flutter test was done in goa, High altitude trial was done in Laddak, Humid weather trial was done in Goa
Radar: some glitch came in Radome (The cone which hold radar) which will be rectified soon..

As Manindra suggest LSP8 is just 200-300 Kg overweight, I am happy that DRDO/HAL reduced almost 500 KG (earlier it was 600-800 kg heavier)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom