HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
JFS.JPG

Derby+&+Python-5+AAMs+at+DRDO+Pavilion+at+Aero+India+2013.jpg

TARGO+HMDS.jpg

Larsen+&+Toubro-built+ILSS+for+Tejas+MRCA-1.JPG

Larsen+&+Toubro-built+ILSS+for+Tejas+MRCA-2.jpg

As the LCA Tejas Mk.1 fights through its crucial final stretch, it has been revealed that the first Mk.2 prototype is likely to be rolled out next year. As part of its effort to identify and certify LRUs for the improved combat jet, HAL has declared on April 9 to prospective development partners/suppliers of a hydraulic pump: "HAL-ARDC is taking up for development and qualification of certain LRUs required for catering to LCA-Mark 2 version. The first prototype aircraft is slated for built during 2013-14, while series production(s) are planned for inducting to fleet which is stated to be taken up in two phases commencing from 2016 onwards." (sic)

mk2.jpg

HAL suggests here that series production of the Mk.2 commences in 2016 -- that'll be bare months after the Mk.1 enters squadron service with the IAF, so I'm inclined see this as typical HAL/DRDO optimism, especially given that there's substantial work that needs doing on the Mk.2, not least airframe/fuselage changes to house and operate the new F414-GE-INS6 turbofan and allow higher performance requirements.

Livefist: First LCA Tejas Mk.2 Prototype Next Year?

Hi,
Prasun da has mentioned that the the Helmet integrate is ELBIT Systems-built TARGO HMDS. Earlier reports were DASH. Can anyone let us know which one is integrated? Also please let us know about TARGO HMDS as little info is available on this HMDS.
TX

^^ Project Devil was complete failure.

Had we given up the efforts to develop missiles, what would be the situation today?

Tejas is very important, unless we learn to build a 4th gen fighter on our own(even without having indigenous engine) we can't move to 4.75th, 5th gen fighters and AURA

What is the need of opening new thread, same news is posted in LCA Sticky and thats the place for all LCA related news ..... @nuclearpak would you be kind enough to merge the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
talking about MK2 is a ploy to cover up for more delays coming for LCA. Will LCA be ready by 2016 or 2017 this time?

I hope the OP is right

Mk2 needs to be in IAF as soon as possible

I too consider this to be a very positive news ... Mk-2 is moving ahead.

There is always scope of improvement - but DRDO has its own set of achievements - and Tejas is definitely one of time. :tup:

India leapfrogged in a whole range of advanced technologies in the last 2-3 decades (which wasn't the case from 1950s to 1970s) - aircraft engines (Kaveri), 4.5 gen combat aircraft (Tejas), advanced 3rd gen MBT (Arjun), highly accurate and long range missiles (.. a whole lot, but including Akash, Agni series etc), nuclear submarine (Arihant) .... quite a formidable list.

Thumbs up from my side. :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom