What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me that finds LCA dropping bomb look great :undecided:.............:smitten:

LCA+(2).jpg

lca1.jpg

:cheers:

Even the last Goa sea trails videos / photos not released except some snaps of the airbase with Sea Harriers.

Do not expect such things now, earlier we released bomb release videos. Now the programme is in the final phase close to FOC...So do not expect much media release.

India's Tejas Completes Bombing Trials

tejas.jpg

As part of its campaign for the second phase of initial operational clearance (IOC-2) and final operational clearance (FOC), the Light Combat Aircraft Tejas has just completed a two-day schedule of weapons trials at the desert field firing range in Pokhran, Rajasthan.

The trials involved three Tejas platforms (LSPs 2, 3 and 5) deploying a series of weapons, including laser-guided 1000-lbs bombs and unguided bombs. The tests were a continuation of weapons deployment trials that took place at Pokhran in September last year. LSPs 2 and 5 were fielded again this year, but LSP4 used last year was replaced with LSP3 for this year's tests.

Over-sea trials are expected to ensue shortly. Remember, the Tejas is yet to testfire a BVR missile -- the Rafael Derby or the Vympel R-77.

Livefist: India's Tejas Completes Bombing Trials

^^^ Now that is a cool pic.. the news is repeated, I guess Shiv is getting slow :P

tejas.jpg

As part of its campaign for the second phase of initial operational clearance (IOC-2) and final operational clearance (FOC), the Light Combat Aircraft Tejas has just completed a two-day schedule of weapons trials at the desert field firing range in Pokhran, Rajasthan.

The trials involved three Tejas platforms (LSPs 2, 3 and 5) deploying a series of weapons, including laser-guided 1000-lbs bombs and unguided bombs. The tests were a continuation of weapons deployment trials that took place at Pokhran in September last year. LSPs 2 and 5 were fielded again this year, but LSP4 used last year was replaced with LSP3 for this year's tests.

Over-sea trials are expected to ensue shortly. Remember, the Tejas is yet to testfire a BVR missile -- the Rafael Derby or the Vympel R-77.

Old pic I guess because it is carrying practice bombs 1

long back someone said it has already fired derby and is integrated already

long back someone said it has already fired derby and is integrated already

Well Derby was the choice , But i think the Weapon's trial have been conducted with Russian R-77, R-73 AAM

Its something to do with the fact that Derby's 50 Km range is not really useful , and our current stockpile of 150 Derby AAM used by Sea Harriers, will be phased out by 2016-17
While we do have over 2000 R-27, R-73 , R-77 and another 1500 on order with 450 Going to Navy

Well Derby was the choice , But i think the Weapon's trial have been conducted with Russian R-77, R-73 AAM

Its something to do with the fact that Derby's 50 Km range is not really useful , and our current stockpile of 150 Derby AAM used by Sea Harriers, will be phased out by 2016-17
While we do have over 2000 R-27, R-73 , R-77 and another 1500 on order with 450 Going to Navy

where did u get this info ??????

tejas.jpg

What are they waiting for? Radar was integrated long back...or are they so confident of 2032-Derby combination that they can integrate any given time?

I too agree with should have considers longer range missiles for Tejas something with range >100km
mica and
Meteor missile would have been a great chance .
its still in pre-induction but once it is completed indian airforce should consider it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom