What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the plan of IAF too, but it might depend on how the test phase goes on during the current climate conditions (heared it's raining badly in Kerala for example) and how good the changes are that came with LSP 6 and 7.

Wow I will be surprised and happy if LCA get IAF colours this year. Sounds great.
One more question : the order of 40 Mark 1. Will these test planes get included in that order or they will be final brand new 40 ???

Wow I will be surprised and happy if LCA get IAF colours this year. Sounds great.
One more question : the order of 40 Mark 1. Will these test planes get included in that order or they will be final brand new 40 ???

No, all we see today are prototypes. The 40 x MK1s will be new once of the serial production and I can't wait to see them flying as well! :agree:

No, all we see today are prototypes. The 40 x MK1s will be new once of the serial production and I can't wait to see them flying as well! :agree:

Good. Then technically HAL/ADA will be free to work on Mark 2 after this induction is over, right. As you have mentioned earlier Mark 2 will not be big design change then what about the news that "First flight of LCA Mark 2 in 2015".
Are we expecting anything from Rafale ToT to add it in mark 2 ??? Or we can see Mark 2 before that ??? I prefer second :D

Good. Then technically HAL/ADA will be free to work on Mark 2 after this induction is over, right. As you have mentioned earlier Mark 2 will not be big design change then what about the news that "First flight of LCA Mark 2 in 2015".
Are we expecting anything from Rafale ToT to add it in mark 2 ??? Or we can see Mark 2 before that ??? I prefer second :D

If I would have something to say, I would get RBE 2 AESA for LCA MK2! We will produce it under licence anyway and the French are offering full ToT of the radar. Why wast time and money on another AESA radar, just to claim it is indigenously developed? Develop one in the long term for FGFA or AMCA, but simply get LCA ready now and if we have to take foreign parts, who cares (except of some trolls)?

Regarding first flight, we don't have all the infos about that version yet and much could change, especially by the fact that it will be developed for IAF and IN requirements at the same time. Wait and see is all we can do!

If I would have something to say, I would get RBE 2 AESA for LCA MK2! We will produce it under licence anyway and the French are offering full ToT of the radar. Why wast time and money on another AESA radar, just to claim it is indigenously developed? Develop one in the long term for FGFA or AMCA, but simply get LCA ready now and if we have to take foreign parts, who cares (except of some trolls)?

Regarding first flight, we don't have all the infos about that version yet and much could change, especially by the fact that it will be developed for IAF and IN requirements at the same time. Wait and see is all we can do!

RBE 2 AESA + SPECTRA + Frontal stealth = Mini Rafale :toast_sign:

Are you saying we might see design changes too ??? It's 2012. Means we still have 3 full years to see the mark 2 prototype which is a long time considering Mark 2 comes fast than Mark 1 in other cases.
Sorry for repeating the question. I just can take 3 years for Mark 2 if it's going to be the same airframe and no major design change. Either design is being changed or we are waiting for something .....

RBE 2 AESA + SPECTRA + Frontal stealth = Mini Rafale :toast_sign:

With the additional advantage of considerable low price and mass production. If Mark 2 reaches 80 % and above of performance of Rafale IAF will go for 500 of those :D.

Are you saying we might see design changes too ??? It's 2012. Means we still have 3 full years to see the mark 2 prototype which is a long time considering Mark 2 comes fast than Mark 1 in other cases.
Sorry for repeating the question. I just can take 3 years for Mark 2 if it's going to be the same airframe and no major design change. Either design is being changed or we are waiting for something ...

Not design, but since they only mentioned MMR for MK2 and not AESA, it could be that MK2 will remain with the indigenous puls dopppler MMR, while AESA could be added in future MK3 and for AMCA. Similar can be said about IRST and the EWS capabilities, all not really clear so far.

Wont be it a same mistake of developing from scratch like in LCA?? They can keep on the development. Lower version can be used for Lca and later high end can find the space in AMCA/FGFA

Wont be it a same mistake of developing from scratch like in LCA?? They can keep on the development. Lower version can be used for Lca and later high end can find the space in AMCA/FGFA

Developing from the scratch in general was not the issue, but to make the LCA dependent on indigenous radar and engine developments. Now we finally have chosen a ready available engine under licence production and develop Kaveri engine independently and my solution for the radar would be the same way. Taking RBE 2 AESA from MMRCA licence production for MK2 as well and develop an AESA alone or even with Thales as a logical partner (GaN AESA radar!!!) as aco-development. The important point however is, that we can speed up and secure LCA induction and production, no matter how good or bad Kaveri or indigenous AESA would be.

Developing from the scratch in general was not the issue, but to make the LCA dependent on indigenous radar and engine developments. Now we finally have chosen a ready available engine under licence production and develop Kaveri engine independently and my solution for the radar would be the same way. Taking RBE 2 AESA from MMRCA licence production for MK2 as well and develop an AESA alone or even with Thales as a logical partner (GaN AESA radar!!!) as aco-development. The important point however is, that we can speed up and secure LCA induction and production, no matter how good or bad Kaveri or indigenous AESA would be.

Exactly, this problem would not have come by if our govt had the vision to introduce all the systems one by one, focusing everything on one product and only then move on to the other.. this way I think Marut would have transformed to a majestic and a feared fighter..

Exactly, this problem would not have come by if our govt had the vision to introduce all the systems one by one, focusing everything on one product and only then move on to the other.. this way I think Marut would have transformed to a majestic and a feared fighter..

:D Again the government? Buddy, DRDO is responsible for planings and management of the LCA project, DRDOs Labs are responsible for the engine and radar developments, so why on earth we always point to anybody else except of them? They made LCA dependent on their own developments, because they completely overestimated the projects and their capabilities!

DEBEL develops life support system for fighter aircraft

BANGALORE (PTI): Defence Bioengineering and Electromedical Laboratory (DEBEL) has almost completed the development of onboard oxygen generation system centric integrated life support system (ILSS) for India's Light Combat Aircraft (Tejas).

"...now, nearing completion is integrated life support system based on onboard oxygen generation to provide unlimited flight endurance for our fighter aircraft", DEBEL's Director V C Padaki said at the inauguration of a new technical facility of DEBEL here.

DEBEL officials said the ILSS is expected to undergo flight trials by the year-end.

It was noted that the Tejas aircraft, with its multi-role capabilities and high manoeuvrability, would expose its pilot to extreme physiological stresses. The possibility of mid-air refuelling of Tejas enhances the mission endurance of the aircraft thus, necessitating the onboard generation of oxygen rather than depending on the conventional Gaseous oxygen (Gas-Ox) or Liquid Oxygen (LOX) systems.

In order to effectively counter the stresses and to meet the requirement of breathing oxygen in long duration missions, the aircraft has to be integrated with the critical ILSS, said officials of DEBEL, a life sciences lab of DRDO.

Chief Controller R&D (Life Sciences & International Collaboration), W Selvamurthy said the Army has ordered 700 units of Combat Free Fall (CFF) system for paratroopers,(which has been developed successfully by DEBEL for use by the special forces of Indian Army who undertake jumps from altitudes of 30,000 feet to sneak into enemy territory stealthily).

"Now, we are expecting thousands (of CFF system) to be ordered. This can be used by commandos, paramilitary for various counter-insurgency operations....), he said.

DEBEL officials said the system provides adequate breathing support to counter the effects of rarefied atmosphere and protection against intense cold experienced at high altitudes.

DEBEL developed the combat free fall oxygen system, protective clothing and equipment for paratroopers consisting of pre-breather console, personal bailout oxygen system, dilution demand oxygen regulator, oxygen mask, helmet, jumpsuit, gloves, boots, goggles and jack-knife.

Scientific Adviser to Defence Minister and Director General of DRDO, V K Saraswat, inaugurated the new technical facility with advanced test facilities and analytical equipment for its research and development programmes on cutting edge technologies in life support systems and biomedical devices.

DEBEL develops life support system for fighter aircraft - Brahmand.com

LCA-Tejas has completed 1899 Test Flights successfully. (21-June-2012).
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-348,LSP1-74,LSP2-220,PV5-36,LSP3-62,LSP4-56,LSP5-95,LSP7-3,NP1-3)

LCA-Tejas has completed 1891 Test Flights successfully. (16-June-2012).
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-348,LSP1-74,LSP2-217,PV5-36,LSP3-57,LSP4-56,LSP5-95,LSP7-3,NP1-3)

LCA-Tejas has completed 1899 Test Flights successfully. (21-June-2012).
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-348,LSP1-74,LSP2-220,PV5-36,LSP3-62,LSP4-56,LSP5-95,LSP7-3,NP1-3)

LCA-Tejas has completed 1891 Test Flights successfully. (16-June-2012).
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-348,LSP1-74,LSP2-217,PV5-36,LSP3-57,LSP4-56,LSP5-95,LSP7-3,NP1-3)

You are doing a good job. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom