What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take your ignorant comments elsewhere, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Of course what is presented on a model in a airshow is a summary of all the LCA can do-NOT!!

if you were unable to understand my point, don't call it ignorance because it represent your level of knowledge.

No BVR missiles, No smart weapons, No Stand off weapons, No AGM, etc. these all dummy attachments to a model leave good impression on stall visitors, other wise it would just be a WORDED multi role fighter.
This thing is called "PRESENTATION".
You were at an international EXPO, only where unique thing attract customers and Tejas model was looking too normal.

For example, JF-17 was presented with various weapon configuration either on stalls or on static display. now numerous countries showed interest in it because of its low cost and multi role presentation.

what about the possibility of making an appearance in Farnborugh airshow? not the static one but a flight display!!
that will be interesting

What's the purpose of this? The LCA has a very strict test process which requires all airframes to be conducting numerous flights a week, there is no gap to send a platform off to a foreign airshow. HAL/IAF are about results not cheap PR stunts. Maybe once the LCA enters into active IAF service an operational unit can take 1-2 machines over.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

if you were unable to understand my point, don't call it ignorance because it represent your level of knowledge.

No BVR missiles, No smart weapons, No Stand off weapons, No AGM, etc. these all dummy attachments to a model leave good impression on stall visitors, other wise it would just be a WORDED multi role fighter.
This thing is called "PRESENTATION".

Well how about you do your research and take all you information from plastic models? The LCA will have advanced BVRs,AGMs and at a later date Stand-off weapons (which ever such weapon is selected for IAF "SUPER" 30 UPG will be retrofitted on most IAF platforms including Mig-29UPG and LCA, wheras M2k UPG and MMRCA will come with Stand-off weapons of their own).

At least you people could put some advance weapons on model to make general impression of ADVANCE MULTIROLE FIGHTER.
What it holds dumb bombs, fuel tanks, SRAAM which are of no value now days. Just Lightning POD and LGB doesn't change the image because almost every Multirole fighter in the word is capable of carrying these goodies.
Poor marketing, i say or HAL not focusing on foreign sale.

True, some can show them at static displays of air shows, while LCA already has an LDP and LGBs integrated and that although it's only a prototype so far isn't it? :azn:
People with knowledge that visit the show will understand how advanced LCA can be, so don't bother too much about it.

what about the possibility of making an appearance in Farnborugh airshow? not the static one but a flight display!!
that will be interesting

Only when a final prodduction version would be available, we see HAL and Dhruv at various air shows and so will be LCA when the time comes, but I prefer to see it inducted in IAF.

True, some can show them at static displays of air shows, while LCA already has an LDP and LGBs integrated and that although it's only a prototype so far isn't it? :azn:
People with knowledge that visit the show will understand how advanced LCA can be, so don't bother too much about it.

Only when a final prodduction version would be available, we see HAL and Dhruv at various air shows and so will be LCA when the time comes, but I prefer to see it inducted in IAF.

sancho heard that 2 tejas mk1 will be inducted in march this year any news abt that ? hope this time it wnt get delayed ...

sancho heard that 2 tejas mk1 will be inducted in march this year any news abt that ? hope this time it wnt get delayed ...

Not going to happen, recent news said that IAF wants to wait till FOC till serial production can start, so an induction will be further delayed to 2013 or even 14 I would guess. That's actually a shame, because it's normal for such fighter developments, that it will be inducted and then further improved with software upgrades or integration of certain weapons or techs. The base design of LCA MK1 will remain the same anyway, so they could have done this too, but IAF seems to have other standards for LCA.

Not going to happen, recent news said that IAF wants to wait till FOC till serial production can start, so an induction will be further delayed to 2013 or even 14 I would guess. That's actually a shame, because it's normal for such fighter developments, that it will be inducted and then further improved with software upgrades or integration of certain weapons or techs. The base design of LCA MK1 will remain the same anyway, so they could have done this too, but IAF seems to have other standards for LCA.

sancho thanks for reply but i want to unlike this post :P

lets hope for LCA lsp-7 first.. can happen anytime now..

LSP 6 might throw some light on upgrade..

meanwhile LSP 1, 2 & 3 are not flying since december 11'.. may be undergoing new system integration

Take your ignorant comments elsewhere, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Of course what is presented on a model in a airshow is a summary of all the LCA can do-NOT!!

actually it is you which has no idea

so many article are published about the singapore airshow..and even in russian article JF-17 is mentioned for export in the same singapore airshow bt LCa nt even in the local media

the purpose of showing a Product is airshow is mainly to sell the product

so obviously LCA was there for teh same purpose bt IGNORED

sancho thanks for reply but i want to unlike this post :P

I don't like it either, but what to do. :)

the purpose of showing a Product is airshow is mainly to sell the product

And to show the capabilities of manufacturers like HAL to develop and produce aircrafts, that's why the government presented several different aircrafts and weaponsystems there. Btw, interesting to see a real post from you and not only the desperate try to gather more thanks from Indian members. :rolleyes:

I think the two he's talking about are the LSP 7 and 8 which were supposed to be given to the IAF for User trials last year but got delayed till march( dont think its gonna be march though as these two haven't even flown yet)

Naval LCA to take off next month:

Navy's Tejas fighter revs for take-off

From the article:

The Indian Navy has signalled strong support to the naval version of the Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), even before the indigenous fighter makes its first flight next month. In New Delhi, on Wednesday, the defence ministry’s apex Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) sanctioned the building of eight Naval LCA aircraft by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).

“The eight fighters will be a mix of single-seat fighters and twin-seat trainers. The money for these has also been allocated,” says a senior Ministry of Defence official who was at the DAC meeting.

Flight test update

LCA-Tejas has completed 1785 Test Flights successfully. (24-Feb-2012).
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-214,PV3-331,LSP1-68,LSP2-199,PV5-36,LSP3-46,LSP4-45,LSP5-66)

from

LCA-Tejas has completed 1780 Test Flights successfully. (17-Feb-2012).
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-212,PV3-330,LSP1-68,LSP2-198,PV5-36,LSP3-46,LSP4-45,LSP5-65)

tejas1.jpg

tejas2.jpg

tejas3.jpg

tejas4.jpg

tejas5.png

tejas6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom