What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple flame boy.........Selex/Vixen 500E

Thales

And the RBE2 which will have AESA capability. and the first 40 with Chinese are for a simple reason.....to gain capability faster rather than take 30 years and constantly moving the requirements and receiving no aircraft. When you induct the LCA come and post then. Otherwise go away because I am tiring of your attempts to flame.

Info regarding LCA radar :cheers:

The Hindu : National : Israeli knowhow for LCA radar

and

Radar-fitted Tejas this year-Nagpur-Cities-The Times of India

I don't think Blain said that the Thunder has an AESA already chosen.

He said that Pakistan is "fishing the market for one".

We know that after the first batch of 40 to 50 thunders we will most likely see changes/improvements in the radar and other features. So Pakistan still has time to decide on what long term package it wants to install.

With respect to having a potential AESA before the LCA, I think Blain is referring to the amount of time the LCA has to make up before it reaches the stage the Thunder is in for Pakistan - in which case the Thunder may be equipped with an AESA before the LCA.

But at the end of the day, one has to remember that you need to compare weapon systems, and not just specific capabilities. The capability of the LCA vs Thunder is best measured by taking into account the entire gamut of deployed assets - net centric capabilities, platforms, missiles, etc.

Actually AM there have been negotiations for the AESA for at least two years now. A number have been dangled about. The Selex amongst them. Besides the Chinese will undoubtedly have one sooner or later anyway.

Actually AM there have been negotiations for the AESA for at least two years now. A number have been dangled about. The Selex amongst them. Besides the Chinese will undoubtedly have one sooner or later anyway.

Oh sure, I agree.

I just wanted to point out that the fact that Pakistan had not selected one for the first batch of 40-50 does not mean the options are not there or that it will not be equipped with it later.

I think your point is completely valid, that the PAF wanted its first batch of AC in the air and its pilots familiarized with it - no better way to further develop/troubleshoot your equipment.

We all agree it is MR Platform ........... but can tell which AESA radar did countries offered you?
Already answered by Keys.
and if they did why PAF going for 40 fitted with chinese radar?
Selection of Chinese radar, avionics and weapon suite is contract bound for the first batch of 50 (not 40) JF-17's giving the fact that it has to meet PAF's ASR. We're satisfied with KLJ for the time being.

Aesa when available will only be fitted in Block II which can be expected from mid 2010.

Dude it just says a radar being developed....not AESA as certain fanboys are raving about. Interesting article though. It has a fairly long list of failures of systems and a severe time delay.

The radar is based on Elta 2032 info on this radar is
http://www.iai.co.il/Default.aspx?docID=26591&FolderID=21248&lang=en

Israel and India is working on a radar based on Elta 2052 (AESA)
I have only one image related to this will dig more info and post it here

RapidShare Webhosting + Webspace

So there is a definite path for AESA. :cheers:

KLJ-7 is a pretty good radar. Dont underestimate it. It is a derivative of the KLJ-10.

Fits the perfect role.

Whats the timeframe for developping and integrating this radar into LCA?
What about structural changes to the airframe and nose?

Well Neo, I just posted that there is a roadmap for AESA. I don't think there is any concrete info available as of now in this regard.

Whats the timeframe for developping and integrating this radar into LCA?
What about structural changes to the airframe and nose?

Well Neo, I was searching for the AESA equipped fighters, but couldn't find any countries fighters which are quipped with AESA. AESA is in various stages of development/trials by europeans/russians/Israelis but not operational. So I think this question is too early to be answered at this time.

Oh sure, I agree.

I just wanted to point out that the fact that Pakistan had not selected one for the first batch of 40-50 does not mean the options are not there or that it will not be equipped with it later.

I think your point is completely valid, that the PAF wanted its first batch of AC in the air and its pilots familiarized with it - no better way to further develop/troubleshoot your equipment.

Well the Fact is that "Baggers are not choosers" Since Last two years i was hearing that PAF looking for Western Radar and System ..... i also heard that they talking with Italy for Radar... but after so much .... in reality 50 planes armed with Chinese radar. Its not PAF choice its Chinese who call the shots.

Well this is what Indian Scientist is doing fine tuning and troubleshooting it.

Well the Fact is that "Baggers are not choosers" Since Last two years i was hearing that PAF looking for Western Radar and System ..... i also heard that they talking with Italy for Radar... but after so much .... in reality 50 planes armed with Chinese radar. Its not PAF choice its Chinese who call the shots.

Well this is what Indian Scientist is doing fine tuning and troubleshooting it.

The Chinese radar came up to Pakistan's expectations for the short term, and Pakistan is still looking for the best deal - the grifo 7 is being licensed produced in Pakistan I believe, so the issue is not with any of these companies selling to us, but the fact that the requirements of the PAF for the radar they want have changed.

The Chinese may still get the second block order - depends on what they come up with. Till then the PAF is best served by continuing to shop around, till the second block production begins, rather than committing to a purchase and finding out a better value was available later.

The "fact" is that Pakistan will have fifty fighters in the air with weapons and other systems integration and pilots getting familiarized with the equipment.

The scientists can test all they want - they can even produce a hundred LCA's and test them every day - it is getting the AC into the hands of the AF and the pilots that is the real achievement.

Already answered by Keys.

Selection of Chinese radar, avionics and weapon suite is contract bound for the first batch of 50 (not 40) JF-17's giving the fact that it has to meet PAF's ASR. We're satisfied with KLJ for the time being.

Aesa when available will only be fitted in Block II which can be expected from mid 2010.

Well ...Then IAF ASR requirement is quite above then PAF ASR, IAF is not Satisfied which lesser technology it already have in other planes. It only want advance plane then current inventory

Well ...Then IAF ASR requirement is quite above then PAF ASR, IAF is not Satisfied which lesser technology it already have in other planes. It only want advance plane then current inventory

A decent AC is better than no AC, especially when the possibility of phased upgrades is there.

This is especially true given the reports of severe fighter shortage in the IAF, pilots being grounded due to lack of AC, and the proposal being floated that the IAF should acquire used Mirage 2000's or Sukhois.

The first 50 Thunders will also end up being eventually upgraded to most of the systems in the subsequent blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom