What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indian call LCA indegenous too

indegenous means something else for india

Go through the same thread..Indians and Indian medias has pointed out the foreign collaborations , parts and all details...

Just dont appear each and everytime in the thread like a new born and go bezerk on the term indigenousness..

Go through the same thread..Indians and Indian medias has pointed out the foreign collaborations , parts and all details...

Just dont appear each and everytime in the thread like a new born and go bezerk on the term indigenousness..

even after this

they call LCA indegenous

even after this

they call LCA indegenous

Lol. What is your definition of indigenous? Starting from scratch? Inventing the wheel and moving up from that? Next time take a few minutes to ponder at that pathetic defence industry of yours before pointing fingers. Hey.. Atleast we're trying.

Why are you so concerned about what we call or not??? This is a defense forum.. not a language and grammar class.

anything with 60% foriegn parts should nt be called indegenous

Lol. What is your definition of indigenous? Starting from scratch? Inventing the wheel and moving up from that? Next time take a few minutes to ponder at that pathetic defence industry of yours before pointing fingers. Hey.. Atleast we're trying.

Indigenous as per the world is JV with china.. apart from producing in America or Russia or flight testing of American engine in Russia is also not Indigenous.. so naturally India doesnt have anything.. if India does JV with china then LCA became indigenous automatically.. bad evil indoo scientist they didnt want indigenous products

my defination of indegenous is rafale,f-16,f-18,su 27,mig 29

anything with 60% foriegn parts should nt be called indegenous

If you are manufacturing a bicycle and sourcing the component from different vendor ... wont you call that product as indigenous??.. you call that as foreign product?.. if you call it as a foreign product?? then what is the design value you have got??? so you meant to say you are a dummy piece? even though you have designed the bicycle since you dont have the capability to manufacture the parts?... if you still believe you are not labeling the bicycle as your indigenous product you can right to patent and get a copyright of your new definition

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

my defination of indegenous is rafale,f-16,f-18,su 27,mig 29

still dassault doesnt produce all the parts.. some are produced by thales.. some by different vendor.. so it is not indigenous one brother

If you are manufacturing a bicycle and sourcing the component from different vendor ... wont you call that product as indigenous??.. you call that as foreign product?.. if you call it as a foreign product?? then what is the design value you have got??? so you meant to say you are a dummy piece? even though you have designed the bicycle since you dont have the capability to manufacture the parts?... if you still believe you are not labeling the bicycle as your indigenous product you can right to patent and get a copyright of your new definition

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

still dassault doesnt produce all the parts.. some are produced by thales.. some by different vendor.. so it is not indigenous one brother

my friend bicycle and aircrafts are two different things

And the rafale imported doesnt even count for 10%.

i mean to say that india should nt call LCA indegenous.dessault helped HAl in LCA design.

so design is a jv,engine imported,radar imported,avionics half israely,weapon package russian mostly,

i mean to say that india should nt call LCA indegenous.dessault helped HAl in LCA design.

so design is a jv,engine imported,radar imported,avionics half israely,weapon package russian mostly,

That was given for a better example...

Dassault doesnt produce most of the parts... you have to understand the business... a good business team will try to outsource most of there work.. there brain only will function... if you have wealth and capability you can do the ground work like producing parts.... which china currently does.. India doesnt benefit from investing into those industries.. just for 220 fighters... As things get matured like AMCA and UCAV those industries will be slowly built....

and regarding consultation you are very wrong.. most of the design is done by ADA.... there are lot of videos.. Dassault came in only for FBW.. where it gave the breifing for analog system instead LM and BAE gave briefing for Digital quadrapule .... still all the algorithms are developed inhouse by CLAW team... no where consultation will give full help... as there business is in stake... i hope you get the logic.. You can understand all these tatics only if you own a business.. if you are working for some one... then you can forget what ever i said....

A simple logic.. if you dont belive LCA is not indigenous.. just name the foreign company who claims LCA is there's because they have there parts in LCA.. you will understand the reality....

Huh? India's "indigenous" engine is tested in Russia? :)

LOL, so the new Japanese stealth fighter is not indigenous, because it was tested in French facilities to test it's low RCS. Also the EF is not an European fighter, because they test it often in the US and their test ranges? :disagree:

First of all:

The indigenization level in Tejas is currently around 65 percent and will be scaled to 75-80 percent when production will be expanded to meet the IAF combat needs," VK Saraswat, scientific adviser to the defence minister pointed out.

India

Secondly the design is not a JV, they had consultancies in the initial design stage only, but since then and all the changes in the various prototypes they were not involved anymore.
Thirdly, even if it would have been a JV for a part, Tejas is still an indigenous project, because it is developed and funded in India, for our needs and requirements and not as a joint product! That's the important part that you ignor and not that we take the advantage that we have, by not restricting ourself on a few indigenous techs, but useing anything that is available for us to make Tejas better, or use it as a stop gap till our own developments are ready.
I never understand why Pakistani members claim these things for Tejas, while they on the other side would love to see western engines, radars, avionics and weapons on JF 17 (and I'm not mentioning how much of it is Chinese anyway)?
The fact is, even if we didn't achieved the indigenous level that we aimed for at the begining, we did a very good job at several fields, especially when we take to account that this is our first real attempt. You can keep denying it, but it doesn't matter too much, because the reality is quit clear when you see all the developments that are runing (LCA, LCH, LOH...). India is on a good way and adding the advantages it has, with the good relations to Russia as well as western countries!

LOL, so the new Japanese stealth fighter is not indigenous, because it was tested in French facilities to test it's low RCS. Also the EF is not an European fighter, because they test it often in the US and their test ranges? :disagree:
Sources please.... Japan has no stealth fighter.... :what:

Sources please.... Japan has no stealth fighter.... :what:

OT

Japan Developing Stealth Fighter Technology: Armed Forces Int. News

Japan seeks foreign engines for stealth fighter prototypes

These include the General Electric F404 used to power the Boeing F/A-18 Hornet, Snecma's M88-2 for the Dassault Rafale and Volvo Aero's RM12, integrated with the Saab Gripen. Its search even contains the Gas Turbine Research Establishment GTX-35VS Kaveri, still in development for India's Aeronautical Development Agency Tejas light combat aircraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom