What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
can any body explain why we did not ask our russian friends for engine for tejas MARK 1 during the initial days of our development i mean when we actually planned to build the tejas during 80's this question haunts me a lot ????

I THINK THIS HAD HAPPENNED BCOZ AT FIRST WE THOUGHT THAT WE CAN DELIVER EVERYTHING IN RIGHT PLACE AND RIGHT TIME.
NO ONE THOUGHT OF LACK OF FINANCE FOLLOWED BY NUKE TESTS FOLLOWED BY US EMBARGO.
DIFFICULTY LIST CAN GO ON AND ON.

India To Fly Tejas LSP-5 Soon​
India To Fly Tejas LSP-5 Soon | AVIATION WEEK
lcalsp43657280.jpg
LSP-5 gearing-up for first flight; lit cockpit for night flying & new com set onboard; will fly on autopilot mode for first time​
India’s fifth limited-series production (LSP-5) Tejas Light Combat Aircraft is ready for its first flight.

Indian sources confirm to AVIATION WEEK that a flight readiness review meeting was held recently and the LSP-5 will fly “soon,” weather permitting. LSP-4 had its first flight in June.

“Two more high-speed taxi trials are remaining and after that we will be ready for the first flight,” says a senior official associated with the program. “It will have internal cockpit lighting for enabling night flying, with all corrections being done. We are also testing a new communication set, similar to that on the Dhruv chopper. This would again ensure commonality of inventory in the country.”

LSP-5 will be the first to test the Tejas’ auto-pilot mode. “The autopilot is indigenously developed by the national control law team of National Aerospace Laboratories,” the official says. “With LSP-5, we are demonstrating all the final configuration of Tejas Mk-1, which will also be a final cockpit version.” The LSP-5 will be the 11th test vehicle to join the Tejas flight line.

The Aeronautical Development Agency is working toward a Dec. 27 deadline for the crucial release-to-service certification. For this, the Center for Military Airworthiness and Certification is working with the agency, the Defence Research & Development Organization, the National Aerospace Laboratories and aircraft provider Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. “Almost 70 percent of equipment has been type approved, while 70 percent of systems also have been type certified,” the official says.

If the delivery schedules are met, then the Indian Air Force will have LSP-7 and LSP-8 for user evaluation trials by March 2011. LSP-6 will be a test vehicle for high angle of attack. The Tejas squadron is expected to be in Bengaluru by mid-2011 and the first two series production aircraft (SP-1, SP-2) also should be ready by then.

It seems we are churning out LSPs at decent pace..10-12 LCAs per year should not be a problem..

It seems we are churning out LSPs at decent pace..10-12 LCAs per year should not be a problem..

But keep in mind that we have to build MKIs, then MMRCAs and later even FGFAs at the same time we produce LCAs too. If we want to produce that many a year (what i hope too), we have to increase the production capabilities further, don't you think?

But keep in mind that we have to build MKIs, then MMRCAs and later even FGFAs at the same time we produce LCAs too. If we want to produce that many a year (what i hope too), we have to increase the production capabilities further, don't you think?

Yes..cant disagree with this..

Will everything will be produced in the same place?? i really doubt that.. I think it doesnt make sense because the entire production tools will be a new set altogether for MMRCA than the one that exist in NASIK where we build MKI... lly for LCA.. Logically We will move to different place for building the MMRCA and LCA .. let me know if i am wrong...

Will everything will be produced in the same place?? i really doubt that.. I think it doesnt make sense because the entire production tools will be a new set altogether for MMRCA than the one that exist in NASIK where we build MKI... lly for LCA.. Logically We will move to different place for building the MMRCA and LCA .. let me know if i am wrong...

mki is built in nasik, lca will be manufactured in bangalore ,and up gradation of different planes. after mki line is over in 2016. FGFA will be manufactured in nasik , mmrca will be manufactured in different location ( i personally think it can be manufactured in hydrabad or in orissa )

I didn't said place, I said time!

mki is built in nasik, lca will be manufactured in bangalore ,and up gradation of different planes. after mki line is over in 2016. FGFA will be manufactured in nasik , mmrca will be manufactured in different location ( i personally think it can be manufactured in hydrabad or in orissa )
Yes this is what exactly i had in my mind.. By the time FGFA comes into production.. MKI production + upgradation will be completed ... And MKI production tools can be upgraded to produce FGFA.. Even this i doubt because what HAL has said is design and manufacture of major components especially Airframe can happen in India.. so lets c.. what is actually happening.. If they are able to reuse it .. it will be a big success... While i agree it with you in other points.. Hyderbad is actually having lot of DRDO labs so it should be a design area.. While production should happen in places which are very cheap so it should be given to Eastern states or North easter states..

I didn't said place, I said time!

hmmm not able to understand your view sirjee.. Time means?.. What i am projecting is .... If Fighters are produced at different place then it will be parallel production irrespective of the fighters and each production unit will have to stick to time right?... Or you have some other real time production concept in mind? because of which my view is wrong?

No one care to post this article my god.... what an important data

India's Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) is currently in a blur trying to meet two heavy-duty milestones in the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) programme -- the first flight of the carrier-borne LCA Navy in the next few weeks and initial operational clearance (IOC) of the primary air force variant of the light fighter by Christmas. But with a decision finally made recently that the GE F414 will power the MK-II, work has officially started at ADA on a part of the programme that will finally deliver a full-fledged multirole fighter plane -- the Tejas MK-II.

The next one year will see most of the Tejas team focused on the landmark induction of the LCA into operational service with the Indian Air Force. But a wing of ADA, headed by Principal Director H Siddesha, will kickstart a string of parallel processes to get the souped up MK-II variant of the fighter jet going.

Along with a team from GE, ADA will shortly begin multidisciplinary design optimisation (MDO) of the Tejas airframe for its new engine, and therefore, operational envelope, computational fluid dynamic (CFD) studies of all new components, failure mode, effect & analysis of aeroengine components, fresh numerical master geometry & inboard drawings, a digital mockup of the entire MK-II, and of course, a wind tunnel model.

Immediately, however, the team will embark on the all-important tasks of F414 engine-airframe bay interference studies and clearance, powerplant and fuel systems design and optimisation, integration and then ground tests.

Livefist - Indian Defence & Aerospace: Work Officially Set To Begin On LCA Tejas MK-II

Interestingly if we get the details of the enhancement it would be great... It will give lot of insight.. just like the data we have for Tejas-1 in wiki..

i just cant wait to see LCA sparring with other air crafts, we need to see its performance in air exercise atleast. anybody got idea when this is likely to happen ?

Last edited:
i just cant wait to see LCA sparring with other air crafts, we need to see its performance in air exercise atleast. anybody got idea when this is likely to happen ?
You just extended the FOC deadline:).....just kiddding.
It is too early to predict that.

By the way.

Welcome to the Forum:cheers:

Do you have any definitive source on the "design" of LCA to say that there is no provision on LCA for a probe?

I find this statement a wee bit difficult to digest.

Adding a probe is not a big thing and LCA can be retrofitted with a probe, however even cobham said they can retrofit LCA with their probe and they can do by 2013-14 only. So that means, it will take time. LCA is a very compact aircraft and everything is tightly packed. so you need time to add a probe too.

There are no official statement that says what type of probe will be added and when. So Iam bit skeptical.

I also came across a few sources who told me that IFR has been tested in one of the PV series. Trying to find more on that.

Sure even I want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom