What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
it should be temperately base when IAF poilet get master it will come at rajasthan

Well, Yeah, thats true, first its needed to be mastered and then get it onto front line , till then Stay back let the Sukhoi' s do the job in case an emergency situation arises.

wait weren't they inductin in it 2013 or something

That is what a lot of Pakistani's feel. I believe all have just seen the video on Youtube about Tejas's induction and they believe it to be true.

Like I said in my earlier posts the 1st squadron will be in by 2011 then by 2012 the next and the following years will see MK2 with better engine being inducted.

:cheers:

That is what a lot of Pakistani's feel. I believe all have just seen the video on Youtube about Tejas's induction and they believe it to be true.

Like I said in my earlier posts the 1st squadron will be in by 2011 then by 2012 the next and the following years will see MK2 with better engine being inducted.

I asked a simple question and i didnt ask out of malice.

Here's a post by an 'indian' member, which is the reason why i asked this.

Broadsword: IAF placing order for 2nd Tejas squadron: Dwindling MiG-21 numbers, growing China threat, speeds up Tejas induction

The Tejas is currently undergoing weapons trials to obtain its Initial Operational Clearance, most likely by early 2011. Then starts the two-year process for obtaining Final Operational Clearance, after which it can enter service in early 2013. Then, if HAL can deliver 10 Tejas fighters per year, the first squadron will be ready by end 2014. And, if all of that goes smoothly, the second Tejas squadron will join the IAF by end-2016.

Hope that doesnt make you feel like too big of an a$$ :cheers:

Sir Creder,

You are senior Member, Please behave like it:smitten:

Any ya i have same confusion, When will be first squadron of Tejas will come in service:undecided:

But the first squadron of LCA tejas was supposed to be in Tamil nadu....

The fist squadron will be stationed IN TAMIL NADU but for a brief period after that if gets stationed at the new air base in rajasthan,now this a very good sign..many pakisatni members includin some moderators were doubting about its IOC which they were saying will noy be achieved before 2013..but thsi news will surely claer thier doubts till some extent:toast_sign:
More interesting to see is the fact that IAF now plans to put it on the forward base..i would say its a bold step a new desi machine with the whole world apprehensive about its capability i personally i feel its a good symbol:smitten:...

Also note TEJAS LSP-3's flight info is no where to be seen i think HAL without much fanfare has started testing the RADAR(just my 2 cents)..can somebody tell me is are we gonna use the indigenous RADAR or the ISREALI RADAR EL-2035????....smone had posted a link pertaining to the purchasing of this radar..........

The fist squadron will be stationed IN TAMIL NADU but for a brief period after that if gets stationed at the new air base in rajasthan,now this a very good sign..many pakisatni members includin some moderators were doubting about its IOC which they were saying will noy be achieved before 2013..but thsi news will surely claer thier doubts till some extent:toast_sign:
More interesting to see is the fact that IAF now plans to put it on the forward base..i would say its a bold step a new desi machine with the whole world apprehensive about its capability i personally i feel its a good symbol:smitten:...

Also note TEJAS LSP-3's flight info is no where to be seen i think HAL without much fanfare has started testing the RADAR(just my 2 cents)..can somebody tell me is are we gonna use the indigenous RADAR or the ISREALI RADAR EL-2035????....smone had posted a link pertaining to the purchasing of this radar..........

Yes brother you are right.
We have to show our New Bird
1465.gif
to all the Pakistani brothers

Well I did not reply out of malice!

It is a fact that many Pakistani members do think on those lines. I thought you do too which is why I wrote to clarify!

Besides that article itself is posted by me and no it does not make me feel like an *** as please figure out the reason why I asked the question that follows it. It makes no sense to finalize an engine right away if the second Tejas MK1 Squadron will only come in by 2014.

So please don't take things out of context and understand the broader point I was trying to make.

http://*****************/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/lca.jpg

India’s self-developed Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas will be based at the IAF’s brand new forward-operating base at Phalodi in Rajasthan. Medium-lift choppers, Mi-17s will also be stationed at the base which will be 102 km from the India-Pakistan border, said sources. Uniquely, the new air base that was inaugurated four days ago is the first forward-operating airbase to be commissioned by the IAF in more than two decades. The first lot of the LCA — a squadron of 20 aircraft — is scheduled to be handed over to the IAF in 11 months from now. The second squadron will follow a year later — both are being built at the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) unit at Bangalore. Once handed over to the IAF, the LCA’s first base, briefly, will be at a station in South India, from where the fighters will move in batches to Phalodi, the sources said. Moving planes in small batches is a normal IAF procedure. Phalodi has the capacity to handle other aircraft besides deep penetration radars.

:victory:Defence Minister A K Antony had told Parliament last month that the first lot of the LCA would be delivered in March 2011. The Air Force is likely to accord ‘initial operational clearance’ by the end of this year. Phalodi is the sixth IAF base in Rajasthan:victory:. It is located almost equidistant from the three existing IAF bases at Jaisalmer, Jodhpur and Nal (Bikaner). The IAF has two others bases in Rajasthan — Suratgarh and Uttarlai (Barmer). Across the border opposite Phalodi are two major Pakistani military bases in Bahawalpur and Rahimyar Khan.
In the past two decades, the IAF had not commissioned or operationalised a new base as it had focused on improving infrastructure in the existing bases across the country — some 70 in number. In the past two years, the IAF has reopened defunct advanced landing grounds at Nyoma, Fukche and Daulet Beg Oldie — all in Ladakh. The forces have a requirement for more than 200 LCA-type aircraft to replace the ageing lot of MiG 21 series of fighters. An additional $ 538.2 million (about Rs 2,500 crore) has been approved by the government for the LCA Phase-II programme. For this, the engines are to be selected soon.

Tejas to be stationed at new IAF base in Rajasthan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom