What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

d
People Relax! ... why are we pullings hairs even before the Mk1A is rolled out

As i mentioned in my post so far no official data so far is released on the design only specs from tender docs. I do remember reading that the Mk1A will be based on the NP1/NP2 , (but again nothing is official)

Instead lets just enjoy

Tejas+Mk1+MRCA.jpg
It should be fairly obvious to even an untrained eye that the NLCA (or the trainer) variant is more aerodynamic (providing body lift in addition to the wing lift). It would almost be criminal to produce 83 of the AF Mk1 whose body provides nothing but drag!!!

Remember that IAF had dumped AF Mk1 platform long back and put their weight behind the Naval variant early in the decade. Much later MOD came back and forced them to accept few frames of the AF Mk1 in IOC2 and FOC configurations (which may actually never see combat ever - but used for training and defensive purposes in the southern part of the country). Not sure why IAF would just go back to accepting 80+ more of the bunked airframes for combat - logic might dictate that they'll ask for the Naval variant (as it has several improvement in terms of aerodynamics, fuel quantity etc.). As someone else said earlier in the conversation, 2018 is just around the corner - we'll know everything for sure:-)
As I said MK1A will be based on MK1 with slight changes in fuselage and avionics.
Design process is about to complete and you will get a airframe ready by last quarter of 2018.

As I said MK1A will be based on MK1 with slight changes in fuselage and avionics.
Design process is about to complete and you will get a airframe ready by last quarter of 2018.
Most respondents are missing the point and callously throwing Mk1 term. There are TWO Mk1 airframes!! I have already described the differences and the advantages of one over the other in earlier posts.

I know a member can choose to ignore (to see) another members posts.

This is the only way and simply ignore such posts/member. If any posts violates Forum Rules, just report the same without quoting back and move-on.

Thanks.

Explicit disqualification of Naval LCA Mk2 (earlier statement merely said LCA, causing confusion about the status of Mk2)!!
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...-tejas-didnt-fit-the-bill/article17664569.ece

"...What the Navy wants is a deck-based fighter, but the LCA Navy Mk1 doesn’t meet that requirement. Its power-to-weight ratio, the thrust the engine generates [are insufficient] and it’s underpowered for the airframe. Unfortunately, even the Mk2 variant doesn’t qualify. That’s why we took this case up to the Defence Ministry."

How is it that the thrust-to-weight ratio of Mk2 became obvious to Navy only recently?? The purported engine thrust (of F414) and the purported weight of Mk2 was supposedly obvious for a long time!!! Did ADA claim recently that they cannot achieve the weight limit for Mk2 that they had set themselves??

Last edited:
??? What crash rate???
Every prototype built is still flying....
You don't know about it, right? That's why it's a classified information of intelligence agencies. By definition, classified information means those failures or successes which have been covered up so that general public like you doesn't know about it, at least in immediate future.

You don't know about it, right? That's why it's a classified information of intelligence agencies. By definition, classified information means those failures or successes which have been covered up so that general public like you doesn't know about it, at least in immediate future.
Enlighten us on how you stumbled upon this classified information. And how many such crashes have taken place?
While you're at it, could you also unravel the trove on UFO sightings, aliens in Roswell, Loch Ness monster, Godzilla etc.
Did you get all the attention you were seeking?

Last edited:

Tejas as a project was never a classified one. The IPR developed for it are classified.

So you are wrong.

Am sure ,you must be high on something potent.Tell me from where you get this stuff.

Tejas project was never a classified one. But the flight tests of Tejas are.

Flight test results are. All the flights are out of HAL airport in Bangalore. Except for the ones in High altitude. Explain how do you hide a crash? Also, explain how they hide a frame?

Explain how do you hide a crash? Also, explain how they hide a frame?
It can be done very easily. Indian media is owned by Indian intelligence agencies. Not that this practice is immoral. Not only is it legitimate, it is also necessary. Because if desi intelligence agencies don't own Indian media houses, foreign intelligence agencies would buy them.

Now coming to your question of how to hide plane crashes and frames:

If media doesn't report it, nobody will come to know about it. The locals who witness such events would forget it in one or two years. Cover-up of plane crashes is very easy.

Back
Top Bottom