What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

Elevated cockpit is intentional for better view.
The cockpit is snug.
You ever sat in a high performance sports car versis people carrier 4x4 .
Fighter cockpits are suppose to be snug
As for drag not sure
But one thing is 100% the full.qaudruplex digital fbw unstable design makes the flying the best in South Asia. Why because it's the most modern technology with light composite build. Pure safety controlled by 4 computers you can't go wrong with turns and twists the computer takes over.indian computing at its best.

I actually love the design most modern fighters are some form.of delta be it j10 gripen typhoon or rafale or tejas.

The small.size and composite give a radar cross section of under 0.5-.075 metres like one half of your thunder f16 or our mirage.
Huge advantage bvr and wvr
The fact that India went with non Russian engines ie USA engine gives me confidence longer life and less maintenance. I remember seeing your block one thunders they had Massive black smoke trails.
Finally the Israeli radar weapons and hmd gives me the confidence it's a very capable small.agile machine

The best is yet to come
Mark 1a with aesa.
Mark2 bigger canard version of in 2030
And finally Amca the 5th generation twin engined fighter in 2035.

All result of the 3 decades of hard work of tejas programme

You can't beat home grown

so how big is a indian pilot ?
EZCB_W0VAAAqL-o

THAT IS THE SIZE of a PILOT
indian-airforce-pilots.jpg

I think they look the same size as most pilots

don't you

EZCB_W0VAAAqL-o

don't you

The TEJAS looks fine in design to me BOYS better than the dated MIGS its replacing en mass

That picture is one of my favorites . on Tejas

several TEJAS parked light grey nose cone but darker camo on fusalage

its been wort the wait
iaf-chief-4.jpg

This article, which reproduces a speech at a conference by Air Marshal Raghunath Nambiar should lay to rest all those that doubt the capability of the Tejas. This is from the June-July 2018, that's 2 years ago. The No.45 Squadron is now even more experienced on the Tejas and more capabilities have been added on from the FOC.

So basically the Tejas, within months of being inducted into the IAF at IOC level, beat ALL other IAF fighters in the air to ground range scores and weapon delivery.
Pilots were hardly even experienced with it and they could beat experienced pilots on the Mirage-2000, Su-30MKI, Jaguars, MiG-27s and MiG-21s. Not sure if the MiG-29 (non-upgraded) was used in Exercise Gagan Shakti for air to ground strikes.

He also clearly articulated the IAF's backing for the Tejas Mk2, now called the Medium Weight Fighter (MWF). He clearly stated that it is bench-marked against the Mirage-2000, performance wise. Avionics will be far superior to what the current Mirage-2000I has.

MWF will begin to replace MiG-29s first (10 years from then - viz. 2028), then Jaguars (15 years from then- viz. 2032) and finally, Mirage-2000 (20 years from then - viz. 2038)

Article PDF link
this clearly means..IAF was wrong in doing delaying tactics in its induction..by now by any standards Tejas is at least 10-15 years behind schedule..(first flight 2001, 20 years ago)

EZCB_W0VAAAqL-o

don't you

The TEJAS looks fine in design to me BOYS better than the dated MIGS its replacing en mass

That picture is one of my favorites . on Tejas

several TEJAS parked light grey nose cone but darker camo on fusalage

its been wort the wait
iaf-chief-4.jpg
IAF Chief seems to be aroun 5ft 3in so i will make a logical guess and say that the cockpit is designed for an individual that is around 5'3"- 5'7" to be seated with comfort-----I would most definitely not fit but the Jf-17's cockpit seems very spacious I think it might be them most spacious cockpit In the PAF arsenal.

Abhinandan size.
I miss him

IAF Chief seems to be aroun 5ft 3in so i will make a logical guess and say that the cockpit is designed for an individual that is around 5'3"- 5'7" to be seated with comfort-----I would most definitely not fit but the Jf-17's cockpit seems very spacious I think it might be them most spacious cockpit In the PAF arsenal.

I miss him

MORE LIKE he is 5ft 6in
The Guy next him I 5ft 8
And cockpit is designed for people upto 6ft 3inch

Even you said its EVLEVATED

SO make your mind bro

MORE LIKE he is 5ft 6in
The Guy next him I 5ft 8

SO make your mind bro

see the cockpit from here
OIP.TMII-qH3wwnr_CAfvz-pgwHaD4

MORE LIKE he is 5ft 6in
The Guy next him I 5ft 8

SO make your mind bro
First off iaf chief is not 5'6" (I dont give a rats ***) and when did I say its elevated. I said what I saw in the picture and to me the cockpit seem's very snug any one with broad shoulders and beefy limbs will not be very comfortable.

IAF PILOT SHORT AND SMALL

MORE LIKE he is 5ft 6in
The Guy next him I 5ft 8

SO make your mind bro

see the cockpit from here
OIP.TMII-qH3wwnr_CAfvz-pgwHaD4
Yep its small like most light fighters-----it's normal for the cockpit to be small because its a fighter jet.

NOW THAT'S A MANS COCKPIT.
First off iaf chief is not 5'6" (I dont give a rats ***) and when did I say its elevated. I said what I saw in the picture and to me the cockpit seem's very snug any one with broad shoulders and beefy limbs will not be very comfortable.

IAF PILOT SHORT AND SMALL

OIP.cpCBf69z6dcRBg_jn8_PSQHaEo

OIP.M0KV0Yxhcv3Sh-KvfQHH0wHaFi

VERSIS PAF
OIP.eEqSx-JGto7NwjNfVTC69AHaFj

Pakistan_Air_Force_F-16_Red_Flag_2010_group_photo.jpg

YOU JUST SPOUT RUBBISH

pilots are tall small slim and fat
ugly not so ugly
dark and light

and there is you proof

YEAH IF YOU SAY SO

Bruh I said I DONT GIVE A RAT'S *** which mean I DO NOT CARE

That's because your comments have no basis AND YOUR credibility is being busted

Here DIGEST THESE

DHRUV+3.jpg

The pilots taller shorter darker lighter mish mash

The helicopter the very own indengious Dhruv we now have over 150 serving in all three services

529856.jpg

over 100 ordered for Army & Airforce india,s very on designed indengious light atack helicopter
What you saying re the cockpit

20110116_Light_Combat_Aircraft_Tejas_India_01_thumb%5B3%5D.jpg

more cockpit side veiws from tejas stunning close up shot. Lovely build quality
snug ready and light and nimble

That's because your comments have no basis AND YOUR credibility is being busted

Here DIGEST THESE

DHRUV+3.jpg

The pilots taller shorter darker lighter mish mash

The helicopter the very own indengious Dhruv we now have over 150 serving in all three services

529856.jpg

over 100 ordered for Army & Airforce india,s very on designed indengious light atack helicopter
What you saying re the cockpit

20110116_Light_Combat_Aircraft_Tejas_India_01_thumb%5B3%5D.jpg

Okay let me talk to Man to Man

Tejas Cockpit small-----No problem look at F-16 cockpit!!! I think you dont know how to make assertion to your argument. Pilots are human and Humans come in all different shapes, shades and sizes so dont get ant inferiority complex People are People.

India is Making Helos Nice---Every country has the Right to Defence.

India has Private companies to manufacture and assemble air craft and this was established very early.

The Problem with India is that it always wants to engage in "I am better than you" "Affirm and praise me" rather than making good use of its stuff or abilities. This is the reason why Pakistan will always beat India.

Jf-17 is a world's first example of Air-Force designing, manufacturing and delivering World class Fighter jet in healthy numbers. Pakistani Fighter Pilots and Engineers Working Day and night to accomplish a never tried/ though of task which makes JF-17 a remarkable Learning tool for the World to see and understand cost Effective development from scratch of both Fighter and Industry.

LCA is a good plane but can you explain what is Indian in the Plane?

I actually love the design most modern fighters are some form.of delta be it j10 gripen typhoon or rafale or tejas.
All the modren fighter i.e F-22 F-35 J-31 Su-57
And Su-35 are not in the form of delta....And also all the battle proven fighters F-16 F-15 F-14 F-4 F-5 and even mig series are also not delta....don't disperse misinformation here on pdf.

The best is yet to come
Mark 1a with aesa.
Mark2 bigger canard version of in 2030
And finally Amca the 5th generation twin engined fighter in 2035.
After 40 years the best has yet to come.
While in world outside India after 15 years the fighter programmes are completed.in PAC we also has started to overhauling jft.:D

In fact is an just a little modified m2k old design with an ugly tumour like refuelling probe right on the face.

As far as your Cockpit delusion is concerned here
Is your Raptor Su-30mki where pilot sits deep inside cockpit.:D
images (3).jpeg
images (2).jpeg

Lol..Even your basics are so poor, what can one say?

You don't even understand the difference between probe/drogue refueling and boom refueling and you're arguing with me.

F-22, F-15, F-16, F-35A, etc. ALL are designed for BOOM refueling. In the case of boom refueling, the pilot just has to bring the aircraft close to the tanker and the boom operator on the tanker has the job of connecting the boom and conducting the refueling.

In the case of probe/drogue refueling, the pilot of the fighter needs to position the probe exactly where the drogue is. So the positioning of the probe is of utmost importance. Hence the position of the probe on the Tejas, Mirage-2000, Rafale, etc. is right in front of the canopy. F/A-18 is one of the few American jets that has probe/drogue refueling capability and hence it's probe is positioned as shown below- in front of the pilot. Only good thing for the Hornet is that it is a retractable probe since there is space inside the nose to retract the probe into.

171020-F-ZI687-034.JPG

I think for you, it's Tejas, it's Indian, and hence it's bad. Simple. I get that. Such people are best avoided, since I am here to engage in sensible discussions, not the kind of rhetoric you engage in.

You don't get it, do you?

the F-35 has a RETRACTABLE probe. That means you need space in the NOSE (behind the RADOME where the RADAR is), to be able to fit the retracting probe into. the F-35 or ANY fighter that has a Retractable probe, will have to position it away from the nose UNLESS the nose has enough volume to fit the probe into, like in the case of the F/A-18 and Su-30.

On the Typhoon, MiG-29, Jaguar, F-35B, et.all, the retractable probe means that there is simply no option but to position it sideways, NEXT TO the pilot's eye line, where there is volume available in the fuselage to fit it. Understand??

I know all this will fly right over your head, but explaining it nevertheless.
You have a brain disease .....You can't understand the simple english I was only saying that HAL can't integrate that type of
good looking refuelling systems in Tejas....and put a non retractable refueling ugly looking probe right infront of tejas's face.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom