What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

JF17 T/W ratio is 1.09... Source:

Composite has very little impact on RCS so your all points are baseless as you are stating Tejas to be superior based on use of composite material ...

Well said my friend, composite wont decrease RCS tremendously rather decrease the aerodynamic performance of fighter. But there are many circumstances inwhich both plane can be confronted. But ideally we just assume front-front confrontation and here even the slight decrease in RCS do help.

As a design flaw no counter measures can be placed on tejas... true or false??

No counter measures aka Internal Jammer -- is not in MK1 or MK1a, it will in a pod type i.e Elta EL/L 8222 Jammer Pod. Even MKI don't have an internal Jammer, and the only one in the whole IAF is the MIG-29UPG with the Virgilus Jammer.
It is due to the fact, when LCA project was started the technology at that time does not dictates internal jammer at that time, and now the space constrains in MK1 does not allow this. It will be addressed in MK-2 when AESA Jammer Virgilus EL-845 will be retrofitted, same which EF-2000 have.

Got the Answer.

Composite has very little impact on RCS so your all points are baseless as you are stating Tejas to be superior based on use of composite material ...

T/W ratio at what altitude, weapon load, fuel load, and speed.

During airshow, the plane performing is stripped to bare minimum, including removal of Radar, with little fuel because it has to give show for 10 MInute and offcource no weapons.So it just for the public consumption only.

During airshow, the plane performing is stripped to bare minimum, including removal of Radar, with little fuel because it has to give show for 10 MInute and offcource no weapons.So it just for the public consumption only.
T/W ratio is always quoted at clean configuration and ideal conditions ... i.e. ground weight and full thrust ... So do you OEM quote MKI's T/W ratio with all the weapon load? Common come with a better argument ... A childish question like this would lead to next question is it at cruise speed or with after burner :p

T/W ratio is always quoted at clean configuration and ideal conditions ... i.e. ground weight and full thrust ... So do you OEM quote MKI's T/W ratio with all the weapon load? Common come with a better argument ... A childish question like this would lead to next question is it at cruise speed or with after burner :p

Its a question for you T/W ratio of JF-17 at what conditions what your source is telling. If that ratio is during the airshow, I had already explain, that during airshow, the fighter plane is bare stripped to the lowest wt. and optimised to get the full agility and high AoA to due the manuevour for the show which is very different that the tactical manuevours.

Its a question for you T/W ratio of JF-17 at what conditions what your source is telling. If that ratio is during the airshow, I had already explain, that during airshow, the fighter plane is bare stripped to the lowest wt. and optimised to get the full agility and high AoA to due the manuevour for the show which is very different that the tactical manuevours.
Read my first sentence of previous post again "T/W ratio is always quoted at clean configuration and ideal conditions" ... Similarly JF17 like every other plane is quoting its T/W ratio in clean configuration (i.e. without any additional load and maximum thrust) ... and same is the standard for quoting T/W ratio for all other air craft including MKIs,,,

‘Tejas’ the latest and state of the art Light Combat Aircraft, the ‘Four plus’ generation and highly cost effective fighter aircraft. It is noteworthy that for the first time LCA- Tejas will be flying outside the country’s airspace at the Bahrain airshow to create history.

‘Tejas’ the latest and state of the art Light Combat Aircraft, the ‘Four plus’ generation and highly cost effective fighter aircraft. It is noteworthy that for the first time LCA- Tejas will be flying outside the country’s airspace at the Bahrain airshow to create history.
Do you know definition of 4+ generation ?
A plane rejected by its own airforce is claiming to be 4+ ... Tejas is only 4th generation is it uses fly by wire,,, for 4+ you have to wait for MK2 ... which is on drawing board ..

A plane rejected by its own airforce is claiming to be 4+ ... Tejas is only 4th generation is it uses fly by wire,,, for 4+ you have to wait for MK2 ... which is on drawing board ..

Tejas have been inducted in Indian Air Force and Tejas are going to replace MiG's in coming years.

Tejas are indigienous and MK2 production line have been started and this is the reason Goverment of India official news portal PIB has wrote Tejas 4+. Its official declaration from Ministry of Defence.

pibimage.jpg

Of course using composite material instead of regular gives huge advantage in RCS and in TW ratio. If you say no then I am not sure what to say

No counter measures aka Internal Jammer -- is not in MK1 or MK1a, it will in a pod type i.e Elta EL/L 8222 Jammer Pod. Even MKI don't have an internal Jammer, and the only one in the whole IAF is the MIG-29UPG with the Virgilus Jammer.
It is due to the fact, when LCA project was started the technology at that time does not dictates internal jammer at that time, and now the space constrains in MK1 does not allow this. It will be addressed in MK-2 when AESA Jammer Virgilus EL-845 will be retrofitted, same which EF-2000 have.

Got the Answer.

Yea i got the answere ... which was exactly what i was saying by the way

Opps. The same organisation also rejected f-16 block 70! So why are you purchasing downgraded rejected fighter? Guess you dont have many choice!

Opps. The same organisation also rejected f-16 block 70! So why are you purchasing downgraded rejected fighter? Guess you dont have many choice!
India would have been most stupid if it had bought F16,, Pakistan has so much experience with F-16,, so that it knows its all weakness,, so only stupid would buy platform on which his enemies are more experienced... India did considered F16 which means it is 4++ generation ,,, furthermore,, F16 does not suits indian purpose as India needed heavy fighter i.e. double engined still India evaluated F16,,, that means F16 is too capable air craft ...

Tejas have been inducted in Indian Air Force and Tejas are going to replace MiG's in coming years.

Tejas are indigienous and MK2 production line have been started and this is the reason Goverment of India official news portal PIB has wrote Tejas 4+. Its official declaration from Ministry of Defence.

Hahaha,,, its MK1 in production,,, MK2 is in testing ,, whereas MK2 is on paper,,,,, you don't know even your own development,, key board warrior ...

Of course using composite material instead of regular gives huge advantage in RCS and in TW ratio. If you say no then I am not sure what to say
Composite material is very little impact on RCS ....

Hahaha,,, its MK1 in production,,, MK2 is in testing ,, whereas MK2 is on paper,,,,, you don't know even your own development,, key board warrior ...
Correction : MK1A is in testing

I read in the newspaper today that Tejas wil be participating the Bahrain air show... its a local Hindi newsapaper, wanted to confirm on PDF but then this Pathankot attack happened.

Back
Top Bottom