What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

I guess we were in a lot of turmoil bck then. I always wondered why two nuclear superpowers did nothing as we slaughtered the weak jawans in 62. Lol
Yes you did that and no one came for help, thanks for supporting my point that there are no brothers or friends in geo politics.
No one will come to your help for anything else but their benefits. In this case sell you weapons.

The ultimate looser are India and Pakistan, while China marches on with great growth.

I dont think Chinese government gives any numbers on the number of aircrafts they have. If they did, please share. I will change my statement.
They will never give the exact figure, but reported in Chinese paper as 1000+. But of course you can choose not to believe it.

Yes you did that and no one came for help, thanks for supporting my point that there are no brothers or friends in geo politics.
No one will come to your help for anything else but their benefits. In this case sell you weapons.

The ultimate looser are India and Pakistan, while China marches on with great growth.
Well unless we want a nuclear war, I don't think India not Pakistan will have another major war, we can see this from Indian reaction recently. Just some skirmish or border hit and run.

62164975_2314376155323486_7694532089441419264_n.jpg

62240530_2314376641990104_877343376259678208_n.jpg

62071314_2314375745323527_8894927052981927936_n.jpg

61949167_2314375728656862_6688086252576571392_n.jpg

62189127_2314376141990154_1746833963164368896_n.jpg

62140277_2314376061990162_3201350910269718528_n.jpg

Getting closer to the arrestor hook landing.

HAL Doubles LCA Tejas Production Capacity, SU-30 MKI Repair And Overhaul Capability Enhanced

Replying to a question in the Lok Sabha, Minister of State for Defence, Shripad Naik has informed that Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) has doubled its manufacturing capability of the indigenous Tejas Light Combat Aircraft from 8 to 16 per annum.

Production of 83 Tejas LCA-MK1A and 15 Light Combat Helicopters (LCH) has been prioritised by the NDA government at the Centre, he said.

HAL has also enhanced its repair and overhaul (ROH) capability of the Sukhoi Su-30 MKI aircraft along with expediting the integration of the air variant of BrahMos supersonic missiles to the frontline fighter at its Nashik unit.

HAL Doubles LCA Tejas Production Capacity, SU-30 MKI Repair And Overhaul Capability Enhanced

Replying to a question in the Lok Sabha, Minister of State for Defence, Shripad Naik has informed that Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) has doubled its manufacturing capability of the indigenous Tejas Light Combat Aircraft from 8 to 16 per annum.

Production of 83 Tejas LCA-MK1A and 15 Light Combat Helicopters (LCH) has been prioritised by the NDA government at the Centre, he said.

HAL has also enhanced its repair and overhaul (ROH) capability of the Sukhoi Su-30 MKI aircraft along with expediting the integration of the air variant of BrahMos supersonic missiles to the frontline fighter at its Nashik unit.
Firstly you have to cite your source.

Secondly you can't produce it if it hasn't even been ordered yet......

Last edited:
Firstly you have to cite your source.

Secondly you can't produce it if it hasn't even been ordered yet......
FYI... 40 Tejas has already been ordered and as per the article order of 83 more is on the top priority of the govt right now

Yes I know the 40 order has been in place quite some years now..... And its been years now so top priority is bit funny really....
The remaining 83 order book is top priority...
Maybe in next 2 months the order will be placed officially... Hence HAL has ramped up production

The remaining 83 order book is top priority...
Maybe in next 2 months the order will be placed officially... Hence HAL has ramped up production
It was "top priority" 3 years ago lol. But hey carry on. The Tejas is the gift that keeps on giving......

It was "top priority" 3 years ago lol. But hey carry on. The Tejas is the gift that keeps on giving......

HAL is already ordering it's subsystems like AESA, etc. There are a lot of programs in the back log that will be pushed, Mark1A is one of them. The production line wont go empty after 40 orders.

HAL is already ordering it's subsystems like AESA, etc. There are a lot of programs in the back log that will be pushed, Mark1A is one of them. The production line wont go empty after 40 orders.
Fantastic! Is that order been placed yet?........thought not.......I am wondering what system will have the longest delay time. We should have a sweepstake.

Fantastic! Is that order been placed yet?........thought not.......I am wondering what system will have the longest delay time. We should have a sweepstake.

We've seen several orders go through without production, industry in place due longer than Mark1A recently. It's a safe bet Mark1A will go through. Tejas has production and industry behind it, it wont be idle after 40 orders. The requirement is there, infrastructure there, industry there. There are other orders in the pipe line that dont have any of what Tejas has on the ground which I also think will get orders. Some of which was Apache, Chinook, K9 arty, Dhansuh, M777, Rudra, etc. are examples of orders that was placed without nothing on the ground, longer wait time.

Last edited:
We've seen several orders go through without production, industry in place due longer than Mark1A recently. It's a safe bet Mark1A will go through. Tejas has production and industry behind it, it wont be idle after 40 orders. The requirement is there, infrastructure there, industry there.
Yes yes yes let me know when that happens. As always there's always "Going to be" or "Going to happen" I said 4 years earlier this year.

Why don't we we wait a while see what happens.
thinggiphy.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom