What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

[I wil"Oscar, post: 8448521, member: 14956"]Failed is only according to you, but NOT for Indian research and analysis they will keep trying until they realize the genious of Thomas Alva Edison. The kick always comes from the bottom.

But tell me if it has failed and I will show you it gas not. You will stumble upon something good which you haven't so far.[/QUOTE]

Again, this particular point I have ALREADY mentioned countless times in terms of the ancillary benefits of the program.
But, as the objective of delivering a Mig-21 replacement to the IAF within a justifiable timeframe and where its relevancy to the IAF would be beyond just a token "purchase" of a domestic product; It has failed.

The LCA program is the failure. Yes, it has had successes within that failure. But at the end, you have a jet(nothing wrong with the aerodynamics or concept of it) that has currently many shortcomings that keep it from being capable of front line service including glaring ones regarding maintenance processes.
So after a first flight in 2001 we have a jet that still has performance and manufacturing kinks to work out in its original spec which the end user doesn't really want in the first place, and the newer spec isnt to see the light of day till 2021. Well, I am very hard pressed to find ANYTHING that defines the LCA program or even the Tejas fighter(not the design or concept but as a whole product) a partial(if the complete term is too acerbic) failure.

Even the Northrop F-20 Tigershark, a fighter that for all reports, for all records was a great jet in terms of everything it did; is defined as a failure by aviation experts simply because it never sold and it never found a customer. Here is a case of a fighter that despite its promising design and concept; isnt ready yet due to various issues of mismanagement in the program from both the IAF and those making the aircraft.
If there is a product that does not do "as advertised" after 15 years since it first flew and based on all public and private reports wont do "as advertised" for another couple of years; then it would require a ton of salt to get any aviation expert besides those with nationalist or vested(foreign subcontractors, etc) motivations to call it a success.[/QUOTE]

Ibwikk
Failed is only according to you, but NOT for Indian research and analysis they will keep trying until they realize the genious of Thomas Alva Edison. The kick always comes from the bottom.

But tell me if it has failed and I will show you it gas not. You will stumble upon something good which you haven't so far.

Again, this particular point I have ALREADY mentioned countless times in terms of the ancillary benefits of the program.
But, as the objective of delivering a Mig-21 replacement to the IAF within a justifiable timeframe and where its relevancy to the IAF would be beyond just a token "purchase" of a domestic product; It has failed.

The LCA program is the failure. Yes, it has had successes within that failure. But at the end, you have a jet(nothing wrong with the aerodynamics or concept of it) that has currently many shortcomings that keep it from being capable of front line service including glaring ones regarding maintenance processes.
So after a first flight in 2001 we have a jet that still has performance and manufacturing kinks to work out in its original spec which the end user doesn't really want in the first place, and the newer spec isnt to see the light of day till 2021. Well, I am very hard pressed to find ANYTHING that defines the LCA program or even the Tejas fighter(not the design or concept but as a whole product) a partial(if the complete term is too acerbic) failure.

Even the Northrop F-20 Tigershark, a fighter that for all reports, for all records was a great jet in terms of everything it did; is defined as a failure by aviation experts simply because it never sold and it never found a customer. Here is a case of a fighter that despite its promising design and concept; isnt ready yet due to various issues of mismanagement in the program from both the IAF and those making the aircraft.
If there is a product that does not do "as advertised" after 15 years since it first flew and based on all public and private reports wont do "as advertised" for another couple of years; then it would require a ton of salt to get any aviation expert besides those with nationalist or vested(foreign subcontractors, etc) motivations to call it a success.[/QUOTE]

Two things, one LCA was merely not designed to be a replacement for Tejas. It was also planned d to revive the dead Marut program which actually failed due to lack of an engine. The fighter along with the program both failed, failed to make us realise that a fighter can't be designed without an engine.

because no one would give us an engine. So we planned to design both the fighter and engine.

The LCA program was going to be a failure until the kaveri program was de linked.

So for the govt and the IAF saved the program from being a failure and here you come and say it's a failure which is your and your point only but not for MOD and IAF.

IAF on its part is a tough customer just for the fact that French allolute is now flying at a height which it was not even designed for!

They want the best bang for the buck. And that's where they are driving the jet towards.

And as for mig21 replacement it will replace the migs as a low cost replacement.

Even if it's 2021 we will have a fighter ready for IAF and we will still be ahead of many countries and we are OK with that. IAF accepted it as it is and now only looking for upgrade in that plane there is no mark 1 or mark 1a. It's only Tejas.

The delay was also due to lack of political will and with this govt pushing and doing all the right things.

The program is alive and not failed.

@Oscar sorry about the readability as I'm mobile.

After 30 years and spending billions, you produce 2 aircraft which is not even weapons rated (i think), that's not a failure? Let's not even start on whether this is an 'indian' aircraft.

You can see this kind of incompetence repeated over most Indian military programs. I shall will can may, the best, the most powerful, typical isn't it?

Hardly billions.

And please educate yourself if it is weapons ready or no.
You always have youtube and PDF to consult.
Do check this very thread, over how much Tejas can and can't do.

Indian programs succeed and fail like every other countries', just that you people think otherwise because you have developed tunnel vision over time concentrating just on our failures.
Also because some countries lie to their populace over how successful their programs really are, hence the gullible responses from the 1 cent army.

What's up with the neighborinos saying "failure" "failure" thousands of times?!!

Let me know any endeavor in human history that didn't start with failure.
What is important is the progress and future projection.

If humans were afraid of failures and mocked each other when some one else failed, we would still be stuck in dark ages.

See according to them they never fail.

Even if they do, these "fails" are paraded around as successes and these parochial inhabitants are happy with just that; lip service and promises.
They don't learn to doubt or question which means they will never know how authentic the said products are and will continue to live in ignorance for long periods of time.

Last edited:
Si5W2UN.jpg

F6BqASb.jpg

u04PANp.jpg

A question is LSA "Light Stealth Aircraft" a reality or a pigment of vstol.jockey imagination over at indiandefence. I know that it is suppose to be based on LCA and suppose to come before MK2 but after MK1A, correct me if I am wrong.

@PARIKRAMA

A question is LSA "Light Stealth Aircraft" a reality or a pigment of vstol.jockey imagination over at indiandefence. I know that it is suppose to be based on LCA and suppose to come before MK2 but after MK1A, correct me if I am wrong.

@PARIKRAMA
A concept with realistic approach and proper planning backed by bands of numbers can be a good project.

At first i wont lie that i did nt buy into the idea but i did scratch my brains and talked with numerous industrial folks. and answer is surprisingly a strong possibility. Of course it derives a lot from proven designs world over and wishes to use pvt sector and some investors. Vstol even tried to rope in Israeli folks whom he did give a presentation.

His whole concept , the methodology, the way he has planned all are interesting. He had even talked about changing LSA Ghost from single engined EJ230 powered jet to Kaveri powered single engined jet to HTFE35 dual engined jet. In simple words, he has talked about a possibility where indigenous content can be easily 75-80% plus inclusive of critical engine tech. and use a production number which can give 3+ squadrons a year easily. Now these are steep claims but then US MIC with investments have been able to produce 40-50+ one jet type a year for multiple decades. And he is not reinveting the wheel rather he is focused more as a integrator.

His initial investment requirements as well as timeline to deliver prototypes all seems to be aggressive but then again he is emphasizing that designs are already proven and he is integrating it for assembling purposes.

I for one support such initiatives. The reason being such unique projects may pave way to future time where Indian pvt sector may come up with new research and innovative solutions in various fields and may showcase such concepts in front of services and fight out the new RFPs.

When we look at US MIC, one of their biggest plus point is amount of work and research done by various majors like Boeing, LM , NG, etc etc who keeps on coming out with concepts which can radically alter the future course of aerial warfare and provide the leading edge to USA air campaigns.

To me LSA Ghost as a single engined or twin engined fighter jet or even a jet powered UCAV is one such project which can be beneficial for our country's MIC. I see potential Tata's, Mahindra's, Ambani's, etc to join this new segment of creating defence stuff from scratch with inhouse design and capabilities.

The rest is with DM MP and MOD.. Hope they accord the decision.. At least that gives a fair trial and a potential to do something unique.

Thank you that has cleared a lot in my mind for one I was imaging places that missiles could reside back of the air vents on the LCA. I have seen your posts there also and I trust you as a source so this all makes the most sense.. cheers

Back
Top Bottom