What's new

HAL Tejas FOC on 4 Jan 2019 - First flight 4 Jan 2001.

ranadd

Reaction score
Country
India
Better late than never... I guess.

Lets recap:

Ideation date - 1969
Design Completion - 1975. Project was on life support after this.
Idea Revisit - 1984. ADA established.
IAF ASR Completed - 1985
TD1 Flight - 2001
Kaveri Engine program delinked - 2014
I0C 2 - 2015
Entry into Service - 2015
Bahrain Air Show - 2016
BVR Test - 2017
Hot Refuel Test - 2018

Program cost so far ~1.3Billion USD.

Last edited:
Atlast

PS-i heard that 4th jan is only some announcement,,,FOC is actually aimed later this year:alcoholic:

Last edited:
I thought Indians create a thread for producing every single LCA. It turn out that Indian insecurity and bragging is more extreme than I thought. Indians create 4-5 threads every time between the production of each plane.

I thought Indians create a thread for producing every single LCA. It turn out that Indian insecurity and bragging is more extreme than I thought. Indians create 4-5 threads every time between the production of each plane.

Really, you are going to complain about that?
There's literally a subfora for JF-17 alone where pakistani posters make a thread whenever someone takes a photo of JF-17 or just on speculation alone.

Tejas getting FOC otoh is rather significant news and is indeed thread worthy.

Why don't you be a little truthful and come out and say it, that you can't digest the fact that Tejas is progressing faster than you ever hoped it would. Shows your insecurity than anyone else's.

The year did end with a Bang for Team Tejas, On last working day of 2018, HAL officials officially realized Final Operational Clearance (FOC) build standard documents along with DRDO AG Aero to confirm that LCA-Tejas Mk1 fighter aircraft has achieved FOC, the final milestone of the long-running indigenous fighter program after considerable delays. Official FOC ( Final Operational Clearance ) announcement or grant of final certification documents is likely to be announced on 4th of January 2019, so that it coincides with the date of the first flight of LCA-TD1 in 4th January 2001. FOC Certification has been granted with a minor exemption to the program. Internally mounted Russian origin 23 mm twin-barrel GSh-23 cannon with 220 rounds of ammunition has been allowed not to be part of FOC, which means LCA-Tejas Mk1 fleet will carry this gun, but will not be cleared to fire them till it is cleared by development test team in near future. The GSh-23l gun which is manufactured by Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) has already cleared ground trial on the LSP-7 but is yet to be cleared for in-flight operations yet. In-flight Gun firing needs a lot of manhours for perfect calibrations and needs to be observed for gas ingestion into the air intakes, excessive vibrations on the airframe at different angles and altitudes and also look out for cracks under long usage, which according to industry experts close to idrw.org will require up to two years of dedicated In-flight Gun trials and data collection due to which IAF had given the Team Tejas the exemption for the FOC, so that the LCA-Tejas Mk1 clears FOC in time this year. According to industry experts close to idrw.org, Clearing of In-flight Gun for operations always seems like an easy and simple procedure but it can throw up nasty surprises due to which proper dedicated team is required to prevent undue incidents due to which, IAF and Team Tejas will work closely with each other to slowly clear operations of the Gun in next few months. 83 LCA-Tejas Mk1A ordered by IAF is an upgraded aircraft with four major addition will not have to go through FOC certification again, but new additions in systems and components will need to be cleared which includes trials of its Israeli EL/M-2052 Active Electronically Scanning Array (AESA) Radar,ELL-8222WB (wide band) self-protection jamming pods, Cobham In-flight refueling probe, Easier Maintenance along with dead weight reduction.

idrw.org .Read more at India No 1 Defence News Website http://idrw.org/lca-tejas-mk1-clears-foc-final-operational-clearance/#more-189408 .

Hi guys,

There are news that Tejas has got FOC. Official announcement shall be soon. It may happen in first wee of January. Remaining test of auto-recovery alogerithm of slow speed handling and other completed.

This is a birth of a new fighter. Low in weight, highly agile, multi-role capability incorporating many state of art technologies and excellent alogerithm for care free maneuvering.

Back
Top Bottom