What's new

HAL-SAAB likely to upgrade Tejas

SAAB can deliver a much lean, clean and strong frame for LCA, would also like to see more hard points like mirage has....

SAAB as an organisation (atleast SAAB Auto) was notorious to be head strong on the best design for safety and performance principles (watch the end of saab video of top gear uk to know what i mean by this). If SAAB Aero business inherits any of such traits, the Mk2 Re-design might feature a different planiform profile, optimized aerofoil, heck maybe even a set of fore-plane. If the news is accurate I will be looking forward to the what happens to the project.

Article is talking about SAAB helping India in upgrading mk1 version to mk1A version, not in design of mk2.

This is the reason why I think that this NEWS is bullshit. There are no design changes envisioned for mk1A ,except reduction in landing gear weight, hence SAAB expertise is of not much use for mk1A. For mk1A ,if we need any consultation, Israelis ,who are OEM for Elta-2052, would be better for advising about integration.

If Tejas was 100% indigenous and original super design,
then why is Hindu-stan running around and gathering all the partners to "contribute" in it ?

The engines, avionics etc etc ...
it needs to be refined and should be taken to the next level, in short tejas mk2......better airframe and more clean configuration would enhance the user experience, as well as keep other customers interested in the project too....

SAAB can deliver a much lean, clean and strong frame for LCA, would also like to see more hard points like mirage has....

Yes, but that would take time, and whole concept of mk1A is to deliver an upgraded mk1 fast enough to fill the gap before mk2 is ready, and thus does not incorporate any major design change.

SAAB's expertise may come in handy while designing mk2 ,but here there would be conflict of interest as mk2 would compete with Gripen.

Article is talking about SAAB helping India in upgrading mk1 version to mk1A version, not in design of mk2.

This is the reason why I think that this NEWS is bullshit. There are no design changes envisioned for mk1A ,except reduction in landing gear weight, hence SAAB expertise is of not much use for mk1A. For mk1A ,if we need any consultation, Israelis ,who are OEM for Elta-2052, would be better for advising about integration.
in that case, we might be in a precipice of a scam.

Yes, but that would take time, and whole concept of mk1A is to deliver an upgraded mk1 fast enough to fill the gap before mk2 is ready, and thus does not incorporate any major design change.

SAAB's expertise may come in handy while designing mk2 ,but here there would be conflict of interest as mk2 would compete with Gripen.
sorry forgot to mention Mk2, yes its for Mk2 and also the export market oriented product, i hope tejas mk2 to be more like gripen, but with less price tag, i hope by 2030 we can own a family of missiles and ammunition exclusively for tejas...

it needs to be refined and should be taken to the next level, in short tejas mk2......better airframe and more clean configuration would enhance the user experience, as well as keep other customers interested in the project too....

So in other words, indigenous efforts were either not good enough, or weren't there at all in some cases ?

Hmmm.... i thought west was awe striken by tejas....

News iw wrong..... actually tejas will upgrade saab

If Tejas was 100% indigenous and original super design,
then why is Hindu-stan running around and gathering all the partners to "contribute" in it ?

The engines, avionics etc etc ...

We are not helpless. We have the option of redesigning the aircraft to incorporate the technology in hand. The expertise of SAAB may be requested to know if there is a better option than redesigning the aircraft as a whole.

We have a working engine prototype and are getting things fixed before making it air worthy. As far as avionics are concerned, I am sure we have almost everything indigenous or JV with very little exceptions if at all any.

Last edited:
Upgrade being a euphemism for fix or as the fanboys call it; make it to the current IAF specifications.

IAF specifications are notorious sir the goal post is never fixed as it's a variable and I think they are doing a Good job as they are one fighting all the possible scenarios......

A force is better when it is known for notoriety rather than accept whatever pushed through

SAAB as an organisation (atleast SAAB Auto) was notorious to be head strong on the best design for safety and performance principles (watch the end of saab video of top gear uk to know what i mean by this).

Truth! SAABs are nearly indestructible!

OEZVspo.png

Errrrr... but that's a Volvo!

No no, Lolvo:partay:. But it represents a clear trend with Swedish engineering. As Milspec noted, they make their stuff Stronk!

Well, except their walls:P.

bOBgOam.png

Now leave me alone before I end up flooding this thread with Polandballs:o:.

Wisdom alert!!!!! LOL!!!!

Come on .. we are struggling and straggling ..... depends on the day we want to use either of the word .... why are you trying to make fun of our Longest Coming Aircraft (LCA)? We are not that fortunate to have everything given to us on golden plate and all we need to do is add a few nuts and tighten a few bolts and open the Islamic Name Book or maybe whatever suits the imagination and just name it and call it indigenous ......! We accept that we are pathetic at it...

Neither did we create a nuclear power in exchange for missiles that can fly, now did we establish the biggest arms and terrorist fabrication units like you did in NWFP ..... good for you!!! You guys are the best .....!!! That is why you are in the news for IMF due dates invariably!!!! Now, add something nice like we suck at it or whatever tickles your imagination failing which, as Bertie Wooster would quip "Be a good egg and be gone!" .. let us gloat on our silliness!!!!
Thank you for being as the stupid internet Indian you are.. now enjoy a long break.

IAF specifications are notorious sir the goal post is never fixed as it's a variable and I think they are doing a Good job as they are one fighting all the possible scenarios......

A force is better when it is known for notoriety rather than accept whatever pushed through
That being said, the force should know its limitations and those of its supplier. They asked too much and HAL failed to deliver.

For a force that even rejected the Eurofigter, its clear the expectations are high!

That would make sense if the expectations were meant for an imported fighter. In this case its led to a homegrown project being almost scuttled. Basically, the IAF kept stabbing HAL in the back.

IAF specifications are highly upgraded even for pakistani fanboy euphamism .To make a comparison JF-17 may meet the IAF specification in the blk4 or 5 ,IAF wont even accept 20 jf-17 in its current form.
Please, stop sucking your own and dragging the JF-17 into this or Ill throw you out.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom