What's new

HAL”s IMRH parameters to be frozen by 2014

sudhir007

Reaction score
HAL”s IMRH parameters to be frozen by 2014 | idrw.org

HAL has its hands full, as a result of which the all-important Indian Mult-irole Helicopter (IMRH) programme has taken a back-seat. However, with conceptual development between HAL and the three armed forces progressing well, HAL Chairman R.K. Tyagi has revealed that the configuration and parameters for the proposed platform could be frozen by early next year.

Foreign platforms including the Eurocopter EC725 Caracal and Sikorsky S-92 are interested in partnering with HAL for the proposed effort. To save time on an ab initio effort, the IMRH will almost certainly be a partnership, or a modified version of an existing helicopter with significant workshare for HAL.

The proposed 13 tonne IMRH will have a maximum speed of 275 km/h and a service ceiling of 6,500 metres. The armed forces have stipulated in discussions that they are looking for a platform with a 3,500 kg payload. An internal assessment HAL suggests that the demand for the IMRH could be as much as 400 helicopters. Interestingly, the IMRH could also spin off a civil VVIP variant at a later stage.

Hmmm, so this is still going to happen! unfortunately it seems it will miss the medium lift helo boat with the Indian armed forces as the will all have selected and started receiving their respective Medium lift helos by the time the IMRH is ready to begin serious production. The IN,IAF and ICG have all recently launched tenders/selected/ordered their own foreign medium-lift helos. It could be interesting though to see what HAL come up with and there is certainly scope for orders down the line if the machine is as good as the ALH especially as the IMRH will offer significant cost advantages of its foreign contemporaries. It is good HAL are working at a faster rate these days.

And I wonder if this could pave the way for the IA's AAC getting a serious amount of medium lift helos of their own.

This intrigued me:

To save time on an ab initio effort, the IMRH will almost certainly be a partnership, or a modified version of an existing helicopter with significant workshare for HAL.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...h-parameters-frozen-2014-a.html#ixzz2MjW2xrjo

What does this mean? A modified version of an existing platform? Does this merit its own designation/project (IMRH)?

That make sense now.
But we just bought Mil17, and see 400 hei can be oreder. Men thats really biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig.:chilli:

Hmmm, so this is still going to happen! unfortunately it seems it will miss the medium lift helo boat with the Indian armed forces as the will all have selected and started receiving their respective Medium lift helos by the time the IMRH is ready to begin serious production. The IN,IAF and ICG have all recently launched tenders/selected/ordered their own foreign medium-lift helos. It could be interesting though to see what HAL come up with and there is certainly scope for orders down the line if the machine is as good as the ALH especially as the IMRH will offer significant cost advantages of its foreign contemporaries. It is good HAL are working at a faster rate these days.

Initially it was for sure that HAL-LUH would miss but now seems like even if HAL-LUH is completed the tender for international ones wont be awarded. So you never know what would happen to IMRH/NMRH.

hmm good now go to some foreign vendor ..

we know the capability of HAL btw

what the hell few days back vk saraswat was claiming that drdo can build vip heliss and now they sicking partner for the same as all of u know imrh is for ment to ferry vip and wartime mission.

hmm good now go to some foreign vendor ..

we know the capability of HAL btw

be indian buy indian
this answer for ur tag quote dont blame britisher or congress even if look at orther parties such shiv sena mansay they talk about only marathi maanus bjp talk about hindutwe tell me where is policy of uniting india . my full support to congress who had sacrifice there life for uniting india such as indira gandhi

be indian buy indian
dont blame britisher or congress even if look at orther parties such shiv sena mansay they talk about only marathi maanus bjp talk about hindutwe tell me where is policy of uniting india . my full support to congress who had sacrifice tere life for uniting india such as indira gandhi

:what::what:

be indian buy indian
dont blame britisher or congress even if look at orther parties such shiv sena mansay they talk about only marathi maanus bjp talk about hindutwe tell me where is policy of uniting india . my full support to congress who had sacrifice tere life for uniting india such as indira gandhi

Dude its a defence forum campaigning forum nahin
Hai

Dude its a defence forum campaigning forum nahin
Hai

pata hai but no had the right misuse the freedom of spheec and on topic drdo want partner then why dont go for mil 17v with shakti engine upgrade

pata hai but no had the right misuse the freedom of spheec and on topic drdo want partner then why dont go for mil 17v with shakti engine upgrade

Bez Shakti engine need to change in airframe also, which means little more money and delay............:azn:

And also Shakti engine doesnt have enough power to cruise Mil 17.

Bez Shakti engine need to change in airframe also, which means little more money and delay............:azn:

its ok when they r going to do the same thing with orther 2 platform then y not mil 17 v it will b easy to colloborate with russian then the other usa or europians

its ok when they r going to do the same thing with orther 2 platform then y not mil 17 v it will b easy to colloborate with russian then the other usa or europians

What HAL is doing is just modify the heli for our requirement, little more HAL share in manufacturing ( which would come after ToT if any Gov-Gov deal will hold). No sign of integration of Shakti bro........:what:

HAL IMRH pics

IMRH+(1).JPG

IMRH.jpg

Back
Top Bottom