What's new

HAL pushes HTT-40 as light attack platform

I did read on it hal said right consider this
it is better than pilatus as it has more load capacity(i m talking in load terms)
after air superorityis acheived and hawk have done there role they can be used
they can also be used as attack helos as they can be armed with rockets and guns and if hal gets missiles in them they willbe good
it has good exportscope as many countries want cheap platforms evryone cant afford hawks for light attacks

no maater we sayit assembel but still we call it hal
not sukhoi,boeing,dassult thename runs one HAL

This idea can ONLY be viable for EXPORT there is zero need within the Indian armed forces for such an asset.

This idea can ONLY be viable for EXPORT there is zero need within the Indian armed forces for such an asset.

it is better than pilatus as it has more load capacity(i m talking in load terms)
they can also be used as attack helos as they can be armed with rockets and guns and if hal gets missiles in them they willbe good

Not going to work .

Pilatus can work as a light attack platform if the need arises .

Not going to work .

If IAF ever feel the need for a light attack platform , they can always modify the pilatus for the job .

pilatus has low load capacity nd why dnt u understand this will encourage indegensation

are you serious.. bro enemy jets will hunt it do in on go... only we use in patrolling or naxal or as a cost guards. .. btw whata ita range? what will 1hr filght cost....

pilatus has low load capacity nd why dnt u understand this will encourage indegensation

IAf is not going to order HTT-40 as a trainer . They have already selected Pilatus .

So it is logical for the IAF to use pilatus for the light attack role if need arises rather than ordering few HTT-40 .

IAf is not going to order HTT-40 as a trainer . They have already selected Pilatus .

So it is logical for the IAF to use pilatus for the light attack role if need arises rather than ordering few HTT-40 .

but if we induct a few there are chances of export as some countries want cheap platforms like thesse

are you serious.. bro enemy jets will hunt it do in on go... only we use in patrolling or naxal or as a cost guards. .. btw whata ita range? what will 1hr filght cost....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer_EMB_314_Super_Tucano

check this i think hal wants this and it will not be a bad try
atleast hal will not be disaponted

but if we induct a few there are chances of export as some countries want cheap platforms like thesse

So IAF will have to operate two different aircrafts with almost same parameters for the same job . Not economical .

Also look at the progress of the project HTT-40 .

Not even a single test flight . The engine not even selected . It is still a paper project .

man one raffale =nearby 25 hal htt 40
nd if hal can make it as the link i gave u up
if it gets armed like tht ac
its not a bad deal at all
it can be good attack ac just like helo mount rocked pods and smah enemies

So IAF will have to operate two different aircrafts with almost same parameters for the same job . Not economical .

Also look at the progress of the project HTT-40 .

Not even a single test flight . The engine not even selected . It is still a paper project .

This is the prob give them a word and chance
look at chin 2-3 decades back everyone laughed at there equip but see now they are making j 20 state of art plane

This is the prob give them a word and chance
look at chin 2-3 decades back everyone laughed at there equip but see now they are making j 20 state of art plane

The problem is HAL is late .

If they could provide the finished and tested product before IAF selection , HTT-40 would have been selected as the trainer .

But even now they don't have the finished product , let even the tested .

And IAF cannot wait for HAL to complete the development and sit idle untill then without trainers .

The problem is HAL is late .

If they could provide the finished and tested product before IAF selection , HTT-40 would have been selected as the trainer .

But even now they don't have the finished product , let even the tested .

And IAF cannot wait for HAL to complete the development and sit idle untill then without trainers .

hmm thats right but if iaf give them a word tht u make a world class trainer and if they are sucessfull it won't be bad deal :yahoo:

hmm thats right but if iaf give them a word tht u make a world class trainer and if they are sucessfull it won't be bad deal :yahoo:

You want the IAF to believe the word of a PSU .

PAst experiences has shown that it is not a very good idea .

, why IJT, after so much money and time is still a non-starter. They've already fooled IAF with Sitara and given the history i doubt there will be any takers for this prop driven plane as well.

HAL sitara should have been a fairly easy project to be completed in time even with all the money/time allotted but still lagged behind, the Argentinian developed and now are developing modernizing IA 63 Pampa I/II which is an advanced Trainer.

Back
Top Bottom