What's new

HAL pushes for AESA Equipped LCA Tejas Mark I-A (LCA-1P) as interim improved version of Mark I

Radar is ready and needs to be attached to mk IP.

AESA radar?

Hopefully bamboo treatment of armed forces will continue and they will see sense.

With an Indian flag in your profile you want to see Indian armed forces get the bamboo treatment? The same people who live at the border so that you live peacefully at homes and you want them to get the bamboo treatment?

I admire your patriotism, it is truly wonderful.

AESA radar?

With an Indian flag in your profile you want to see Indian armed forces get the bamboo treatment? The same people who live at the border so that you live peacefully at homes and you want them to get the bamboo treatment?

I admire your patriotism, it is truly wonderful.

AESA it is.

I find the attitude of armed forces regarding defence procurement distasteful.

We have dhanush ready to go. It can solve all our artillery problems. But no IA is too busy looking for an expensive solution.

We have arjun ready. Mk ii has great potential. But no delay production for long time.

We have an Excalibur and Ghatak both quality rifles that can be mass produced cheaply. No IA wants an expensive toy it can't even afford to buy bullets for.

We have naval dhruvs. We can expedite our buy of ASW helicopters. But no IN wants to build next generation warships with no helps and play tender vendor.

We have dearth of submarines. We need to expedite p 75i. But no again let's play tender vender.

IAF can mass produce tejas to fill in numbers. By western standards the plane is quite ready for induction but again play delay.

It is a good that that armed forces are receiving the much deserved spanking from the government to buy Indian products.

No country can live on borrowed strength. If we must become a global power , we must invest in domestic defence production.

AESA it is.

We have dhanush ready to go. It can solve all our artillery problems. But no IA is too busy looking for an expensive solution.

We have arjun ready. Mk ii has great potential. But no delay production for long time.

We have an Excalibur and Ghatak both quality rifles that can be mass produced cheaply. No IA wants an expensive toy it can't even afford to buy bullets for.

We have naval dhruvs. We can expedite our buy of ASW helicopters. But no IN wants to build next generation warships with no helps and play tender vendor.

We have dearth of submarines. We need to expedite p 75i. But no again let's play tender vender.

IAF can mass produce tejas to fill in numbers. By western standards the plane is quite ready for induction but again play delay.

It is a good that that armed forces are receiving the much deserved spanking from the government to buy Indian products.

No country can live on borrowed strength. If we must become a global power , we must invest in domestic defence production.
in short : old habits die hard and since new PMO & MOD are not playing by the UPA rules hence so much frustation in top level MOD & armed forces beurocracy

but lets see how much long they can drag there feat :D

AESA it is.

And who built it?

Indeed so, anything else about Indian armed forces that distaste you? Perhaps you find their sacrifices also distasteful?

How good is dhanush compared to Bofors, never mind pakistani and chinese systems.

arjun sucks, mk 2 is not ready yet. So India should keep running with the T-72 till DRDO gets arjun ready by 2040?

excalibur sucks just like INSAS and Ghatak is AK-47 photocopy, why buy a photocopy when you can but the original for the same price?

Dhruv is a ASW helicopter, really?

So IN should stick to last generation and not invest in next generation?

We have dearth of submarines. We need to expedite p 75i. But no again let's play tender vender

How many submarines has DRDO made so far? Does it have a prototype?

IAF can mass produce tejas to fill in numbers. By western standards the plane is quite ready for induction but again play delay

IAF does not manufacture aircraft, tejas or otherwise. And HAL has said there will be delays in Mk 2.

By western standards tejas would have been rejected 20 years ago.

Yes, and that is why today even the naxals are better armed and have more firepower than Indian armed forces because the naxals don't use DRDO products. Let's not even mention china.

Funny you say that. Because the ngine for arjun and tejas, the design for dhanush, INSAS rifle and basically every single weapon system in India is borrowed from foreign countries.

sounds great!ofcourse
but did we ever do that.
it is stupid to expect anythng substantial frm overstaffed mediocre workforce wid chai biskut mentality,,,plus AF which prefers imported stuff ,,,to top it off we have got a lethargic n short sighted MOD.not to mention widespread corruption.

Not yet inducted. Those induct are for test and trial purpose. Let be honest. No FOC yet. Iaf will only induct and make an operational lca sqrd. Once it qualifies the FOC stage.
Did Jf-17 was Achieved when it was Introduced to PAF .Nevertheless LCA Already Achieved IOC-2. First 20 Fighters will be Inducted By IAF in IOC-2 Stage which are Already in Production .Second Batch of 20 LCA which will have FOC will be inducted by IAF whenever the FOC is Achieved.

Last edited:
And who built it?

Indeed so, anything else about Indian armed forces that distaste you? Perhaps you find their sacrifices also distasteful?

How good is dhanush compared to Bofors, never mind pakistani and chinese systems.

arjun sucks, mk 2 is not ready yet. So India should keep running with the T-72 till DRDO gets arjun ready by 2040?

excalibur sucks just like INSAS and Ghatak is AK-47 photocopy, why buy a photocopy when you can but the original for the same price?

Dhruv is a ASW helicopter, really?

So IN should stick to last generation and not invest in next generation?

How many submarines has DRDO made so far? Does it have a prototype?

IAF does not manufacture aircraft, tejas or otherwise. And HAL has said there will be delays in Mk 2.

By western standards tejas would have been rejected 20 years ago.

Yes, and that is why today even the naxals are better armed and have more firepower than Indian armed forces because the naxals don't use DRDO products. Let's not even mention china.

Funny you say that. Because the ngine for arjun and tejas, the design for dhanush, INSAS rifle and basically every single weapon system in India is borrowed from foreign countries.

Uttam is a DRDO aesa radar.

Dhanush 45 cal range 38 km + fully digital and hydraulically operated
Bofors 39 cal range 27 mechanical and hydraulically operated

Arjun has greater armor compared to t 90. The gun has decent penetration 500 mm + and is on its way to 750mm or so. That and the missile lobbing capacity it has make s it ideal for a hunter killer squadron.

Evaluation of tank was flawed right from beginning.

Drdo made nuclear submarines. A conventional sub is next. P 75i is last foreign purchase.

In current configuration tejas is equivalent to gripen c/d better than jf 17 block ii by any metric. IAF must stop behaving like a spoiled brat and induct this fast. PAK FA will take 5 yes to be inducted FGFA will follow in a few years after that.
Rafales maybe beyond 36.

Ghatak is an AK clone but it is great in design ergonomics. Excalibur is full auto 700 Rounds/min and has modular design due to picannity rail. The design also has been credited to 2 stoppages for 24000 rounds fired whereas western guns couldn't meet requirement and can be produced cheaply.

The naxal piece of shit are being wiped out as we speak. Here are the ill equipped commandos at work :

imgres

imgres

imgres

AESA it is.

They are such idiots that none of the best rifle in the world could satisfy GSQR of Indian army.

Last edited:
HAL should be able to hire and fire like Private companies to improve its work ethics
time has come to change owr defnce equipment poilcy R&D for now should be given to HAL, ARDE, ADA & DRDO while mass manufacturing should be given to private companies and slowli should also be allowed to have there own R&D facility to make good even more competitive

time has come to change owr defnce equipment poilcy R&D for now should be given to HAL, ARDE, ADA & DRDO while mass manufacturing should be given to private companies and slowli should also be allowed to have there own R&D facility to make good even more competitive

DRDO , ISRO and HAL should be allowed to recruit people directly from International colleges and students. Its a globalised world. I would like to see NASA and Boeing version in ISRO and HAL. They have the best minds. Its time we have the same.

DRDO , ISRO and HAL should be allowed to recruit people directly from International colleges and students. Its a globalised world. I would like to see NASA and Boeing version in ISRO and HAL. They have the best minds. Its time we have the same.
that cant happen till we have caste and relegion based reservation policy in owr goverment run institutions :coffee:

Uttam is a DRDO aesa radar.

If it is DRDO then it will be at least 15-20 years before it is functional.

Dhanush 45 cal range 38 km + fully digital and hydraulically operated
Bofors 39 cal range 27 mechanical and hydraulically operated

It was Bofors who won the Kargil war. Even if it is agreed that the range is 38 km for dhanush then there are also other factors like accuracy, rate of fire, mobility, reliability etc.

And even if, and I say IF, dhanush is better than an 80s era gun like bofors then how does it stack up against Denel, Pegasus etc.?

Arjun has greater armor compared to t 90. The gun has decent penetration 500 mm + and is on its way to 750mm or so. That and the missile lobbing capacity it has make s it ideal for a hunter killer squadron.

And what is its mobility like in comparison to T-90? What is its power-to-weight ration? The gun has a 500 mm penetration at what range? How does it compare with the guns of T-90, Leo 2?

Evaluation of tank was flawed right from beginning.

Why?

Drdo made nuclear submarines. A conventional sub is next. P 75i is last foreign purchase.

No DRDO did not. India had to operate Russian nuke subs on lease and the hull of Arihant was designed by Larsen and Toubro.

In current configuration tejas is equivalent to gripen c/d better than jf 17 block ii by any metric.

On what basis do you claim Tejas is equal to Gripen? Give the specifications.

IAF must stop behaving like a spoiled brat and induct this fast. PAK FA will take 5 yes to be inducted FGFA will follow in a few years after that.
Rafales maybe beyond 36.

Rafale is dead.

Why should IAF waste money on tejas? Will you take responsibility if another jet crashes?

Ghatak is an AK clone but it is great in design ergonomics.

Ghatak is the AK-47 painted by India, nothing more nothing less.

Excalibur is full auto 700 Rounds/min and has modular design due to picannity rail. The design also has been credited to 2 stoppages for 24000 rounds fired whereas western guns couldn't meet requirement and can be produced cheaply.

Full auto is not the problem, problem is the weapon jamming when fired in full auto. Google for what double feeding means. Trichy assault rifle has full auto and it jams before the magazine could be emptied. This is the quality of PSU.

Funny that the DRDO fan boys defend lack of INSAS auto capability by saying automatic fire is obsolete but at the same time they also say excalibur is superior because it has auto fire option.

The naxal piece of shit are being wiped out as we speak. Here are the ill equipped commandos at work :

Nothing would be better than naxals being wiped out but the paramilitary is not equipped to face the ak-47 armed naxals.

HAL should be able to hire and fire like Private companies to improve its work ethics

and you will start seeing labor union tamasha if that happens.

i hope MMRCA fails.......not even 36 rafales should be brought...instead we should go for off shelf option and should buy Su-34 if bomber is what we need(i know about its size, and uses as a bomber).......and should divert $15 billion dollars for T50.....and then should spend rest of the money on development of LCA mk2 and AMCA...that way we can have more squadrons by 2025......LCA mk1 A should be ordered as an interceptor and should be made a backup force........to mirages and mig's.......80 is too much for Mk1, it isnt even ready for basic flying duties......:mad:
till LCA is tied with the dead weight known as HAL .. we have to wait till 2125 not 2025 to get a proper plane!

we have to wait till 2125 not 2025 to get a proper plane!

You are being realistic but some people (read fools) won't get it. It is hilarious to see their loyalty towards PSUs and DRDO when these worthless organisations did nothing but hold back Indian defence industry.

Back
Top Bottom