What's new

HAL plans four new manufacturing plants

Soumya_india

Reaction score
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited has plans to set up four manufacturing plants for the production of medium multi-role combat aircraft, light utility helicopter, fifth generation fighter aircraft and multi-role transport aircraft, a senior company official said today.

HAL Director (Design & Development), N C Agarwal, said the Bangalore-headquartered company, under the Ministry of Defence, is looking to set up a new complex for MMRCA.

Government is to buy 18 aircraft under the MMRCA programme from a foreign manufacturer, with the remaining 108 to be produced by HAL under licence.

He said the HAL is scouting for a location for manufacture of light utility helicopter (LUH), and once it''s identified, government approval would be sought.

Separate factories have also been proposed for fifth generation fighter aircraft (FGFA) and multi-role transport aircraft he said, adding, as per initial plans, MTA would be manufactured in Kanpur and FGFA in Nasik.

Agarwal said work has started on the preliminary design of FGFA. "Russian team is here (in Bangalore) to train our people", he told PTI.

FGFA is a USD six billion project, to be equally shared by India and Russia.

FGFA would have advanced features such as stealth, super cruise, ultra-manoeuvrability, highly integrated avionics suite, enhanced situational awareness, internal carriage of weapons and network centric warfare capabilities, officials said.

HAL plans four new manufacturing plants - Yahoo! News

Maybe HAL should do manufacturing processes JV with M&M to start high output factories. We will soon also have to supply to foreign markets and with exponential growth in defense related technologies;we must implement faster production cycles or risk building entire squadrons of prototypes.

finally...i was wondering how HAL was going to build MMRCA,LCA,FGFA,LCH,LUH with so few plants and in so less time..

I think LUH, LCH and trainer project should be given to private sectors. I mean HAL has no right to take any project that comes. There should be proper bidding and lowest bidder should be given. If any company delays it should be penalised including HAL.

Hal can set up their facilities faster if they collaborate with private players in a sort of partnership.

Good News , Also Private Sector Manufacturers Should Be Encouraged........

The MRCA one can later be used for FGFA also!!!

No i think su-30mki plant they will use.
Separate factories have also been proposed for fifth generation fighter aircraft (FGFA) and multi-role transport aircraft he said, adding, as per initial plans, MTA would be manufactured in Kanpur and FGFA in Nasik.

Hope it will be implemented in a poor-average state of India

I think LUH, LCH and trainer project should be given to private sectors. I mean HAL has no right to take any project that comes. There should be proper bidding and lowest bidder should be given. If any company delays it should be penalised including HAL.

Private industries have a long way to go before they can take any such project..Partnering with HAL in manufacturing will be a good stepping stone..

No i think su-30mki plant they will use.
Still we are to make 100+ mki's and 108 Mrca's . Mostly we may complete them before 2020 atmost 2025. FGFA will become operational from 2020. So we may build them there at multiple plants. They will use both of these plants for FGFA, we may induct 500+ FGFA's.

Still we are to make 100+ mki's and 108 Mrca's . Mostly we may complete them before 2020 atmost 2025. FGFA will become op
erational from 2020. So we may build them there at multiple plants. They will use both of these plants for FGFA, we may induct 500+ FGFA's.

its true that we will have to build 120 MKI and 108-172 mmrca
MKI production will end by 2017 while MMRCA production may continue till 2024

As far as FGFA is concerned ,
well according to the contract India will initially induct 50 PAKFA and follow it up with 200-250 FGFA
anything more is unlikely , unless AMCA is delayed beyond 2030

Back
Top Bottom