What's new

HAL LUH| Updates and Discussions

Guys a noob question, (even if I am sure this will get me booted outs) How different this is from existing Druvs that we have ?? Explanation need not be layman's version.
There are a lot of similarities (FCS, gearbox, engine etc) but the LUH will be signifcantly smaller and lighter than the LUH and will also only have one engine (ALH has two).

There are a lot of similarities (FCS, gearbox, engine etc) but the LUH will be signifcantly smaller and lighter than the LUH and will also only have one engine (ALH has two).

To add that composite rotor blades are said to foldable
Visibly nose appears pointed with more aerodynamic shaping

Last edited:
V8nuh4E.png

Guys a noob question, (even if I am sure this will get me booted outs) How different this is from existing Druvs that we have ?? Explanation need not be layman's version.

Snaller, lighter, single engine vs double engine for DHruv.

Snaller, lighter, single engine vs double engine for DHruv.
How dose that fit in our tactics? And what are we going to use it for? It's obviously not as powerful as ALH, cannot be weponised, cannot be used in higher altitude. Naval operations will be very limited due to single engine config.

How dose that fit in our tactics? And what are we going to use it for? It's obviously not as powerful as ALH, cannot be weponised, cannot be used in higher altitude. Naval operations will be very limited due to single engine config.

It's aim is to replace the debilitating Chetak, Cheetah. Logistic support, recon, etc. Chetak and Cheetah is used extensively in high altitude, surely this will be used in the same conditions. It also can be weaponised, if they need arises.

It's aim is to replace the debilitating Chetak, Cheetah. Logistic support, recon, etc. Chetak and Cheetah is used extensively in high altitude, surely this will be used in the same conditions. It also can be weaponised, if they need arises.
Well that sounds about right.

are there any plans to have a armed version of the luh ? maybe like the mh-6 little bird with miniguns and rockets .

are there any plans to have a armed version of the luh ? maybe like the mh-6 little bird with miniguns and rockets .
I'm sure this avenue will be explored once the utility version is in service, it isn't an urgent requirement right now so it's more important to focus on the utility version.

I'm sure this avenue will be explored once the utility version is in service, it isn't an urgent requirement right now so it's more important to focus on the utility version.
We are have Rudra and LCH. What will we gain by weaponizing LUH?

Back
Top Bottom