What's new

HAL LCH| Updates and Discussions

HMMMM.. very interesting, it seems they are happy with the Dhruv, so is the LCH the next obvious export to them??

Yes they are happy with Dhruv but I don't think they need or can afford LCH. Instead they should better go for WSI Dhruv.

I never understood why are we going for light version of every thing ??/ I mean i checked out comparison of dhruv with rest of its competitor and Dhruv is at a respectable level. But when i looked at the comparison between attack helicopters LCH is not that good.
I mean there are choppers which can fly much above LCH, which can carry more weapons and specially all of them had higher speed than LCH. I hope HAL should seriously consider to increase the speed of LCH which is now 275 while rest of its competitor range from 325-400 kmph.

I never understood why are we going for light version of every thing ??/ I mean i checked out comparison of dhruv with rest of its competitor and Dhruv is at a respectable level. But when i looked at the comparison between attack helicopters LCH is not that good.
I mean there are choppers which can fly much above LCH, which can carry more weapons and specially all of them had higher speed than LCH. I hope HAL should seriously consider to increase the speed of LCH which is now 275 while rest of its competitor range from 325-400 kmph.

LCH_COMPARISON.JPG

I dont think it compares that bad in it's weight class namely the Aw 129 Mangusta.

And at 6500m service ceiling it is the best we can get.

I dont think it compares that bad in it's weight class namely the Aw 129 Mangusta.

Agreed to some extent. I just hope the speed is increased to around 350 kmph.

Two pics of LCH... (front view) :cool:

Source: H Nair

lchfrontal2.jpg

lchfrontal.jpg

looking at this baby, the body is made up of various cross-sections which would rebounce the radar waves in a different direction seems to make it hard for the radar tracker to detect this.

it is not having a smooth curved surface like the dhruv. there seems to be more to stealth than for jamming circuitry.

LCH_COMPARISON.JPG

What about the price comparison? how much LCH cost in compared to its peers? Any export hopes?

Yes they are happy with Dhruv but I don't think they need or can afford LCH. Instead they should better go for WSI Dhruv.

Dhruv is in different class and LCH is in different class. Both platform should not be mixed up.

IMO IAF need at least 60 LCH. Because attack helicopter is necessary for every great AF. Dont think that IAF cant afford it. When they decide to operate 300 Su-30MKI; Whats the problem with operating 60 LCH??????!!!!!!!!!!! It will be an asset for IAF in neer future.

60 LCH + 22 Apache = :devil::devil::devil:

WSI dhruv can be shot down by a cobra helicopter in no time. Whereas LCH will give Apache and cobra a run for it.

So IAF should procure WSI dhruv in small numbers i.e. 40 max. We must think that WSI dhruv is a testing platform and LCH is the implementation platform.

So ultimately 40 WSI Dhruv + 60 LCH + 22 Apache = :taz::taz::taz:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom