What's new

HAL converts jet trainer aircraft into combat-ready Hawk-I

GAGAN-500px.jpg

ISRO_3.jpg

SAARC_Satellite_Project.jpg

Hawk-I will be great in CAS role. With the use of precision guided ammunition it will help negate coletoral damage too.

But I am more excited about LCH to be honest

fi
India could donate tejas to African countries and build some goodwill
First donate it to Indian navy which has rejected them right away.

Pakistan has done the same with its K8 and Mushaq aircraft.

The Hawk 100 series are capable of light combat yet until it has a radar in the aircraft, it will stay with the advanced jet training role. Former PAF pilots have flown the Hawk 100 series in the Middle East and they say it is a formidable aircraft (I'm biased too as Dad has 3000 hours in the Hawk 100 series). So I'm not sure what's the new upgrades that have come on the Indian AF Hawk 132 but was told by some BAE Systems employees that the Hawk 132 was basically the aircraft that the Indian government placed an order for all the way back in the early 1990s. So it could be that they have finally upgraded the jet to the latest standards but domestically under HAL rather than buying the baseline jet that was available in the market 10 years ago.

india made products are often more expensive and reduced in specifications in comparison to western counterparts available in the arms market.

it has always been this way since the past and may not change in the future.
:rofl:

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/658281/hal-test-flies-hawk-indigenous.html

HAL test-flies Hawk-i with indigenous real-time OS
Bengaluru, DH News Service Feb 8 2018, 1:10 IST
618xNx658281_thump.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Pc5tGJxRHT.jpg

Hawk-i trainer aircraft in maiden flight with HAL-developed Real Time Operation System (RTOS)

State-owned aviation major Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) on Wednesday achieved a milestone with the first flight of the trainer aircraft, Hawk-i, fitted with a real-time operating system (RTOS) indigenously developed by it.

This is the first indigenous RTOS developed in the country from scratch, says HAL Chairman and Managing Director, T Suvarna Raju.

The RTOS is the system software which provides a standard run-time environment for real-time applications execution in a safe and reliable manner. "The RTOS is a key technology for concurrent execution of multiple applications and optimal use of hardware resources," adds Raju.

Advanced modules like network stack and file system have been co-developed with IIT-Kharagpur. Currently, avionics systems in India are developed using commercial RTOS procured from foreign suppliers.

The RTOS performance was validated on the Mission Computer of the Hawk-i trainer aircraft. The complete Operational Flight Program, which includes real-time sensor data processing, navigation algorithm computations, controls and display management and interface management was ported. The RTOS met all its design requirements during the flight, a HAL release said.

DH News Service

1pwaBrl.jpg

ASRAAM

suCkBDa.jpg

DRDO SAAW

Is there any interest in this project within the Indian Armed Forces/Defense Establishment? Giving the Army control of all the Helicopter gunships + a few squadrons of Armed Hawks would perfectly address their CAS needs (and be better for integration), meanwhile the Air Force could then focus its resources on its own missions.

This, along with future bulk production of the LCA can pretty much resolve our fighter shortfall.

Back
Top Bottom