What's new

HAL Ambitious on Helicopters, as Indian Requirements Multiply

Light observation helicopter and Light utility helicopter are the same thing. The airforce version is called LUH and the army version LOH.

But the design of both helicopter is totally different

LUH
HAL+230510+747.jpg

LOH
800px-HAL_LOH.jpg

"100 of those will be advanced light helicopters (ALH), 300 will be light utility helicopters (LUH) and the rest will be multi-role helicopters (MRH)."

I think there are some mistakes in the number of ALH will be inducted. They have huge orders from the armed forces much more than 100 as of now and in future more are orders are expected. HAL will launch MRH programme from next year and will complete the LUH in 2013/14.

They have huge orders from the armed forces much more than 100 as of now and in future more are orders are expected.
Yeah at present the order book is of 159, out of which 5 were delivered during Aero India. I don't know what will be future of this chopper looking the others which are coming like LUH, IMRH, LCH. But i like the role of dhruv in evacuating the injured personnel. Its good in the role of air ambulance. But for carrying personnel for special operations i think its better we wait for IMRH, because according to other choppers i don't find this good. For special operations, my favorite is Black Hawk.

IA will be acquiring many helicopter from HAL like Dhruv, HUL, LCH, IMRH. I have a question, are their network centric features, Identification Friend or Foe, night vision etc on the Dhruv and other upcoming HAL choppers like that of their western counterparts. Also do we have these kind of features in Mi17 V5 which IA is inducting and for which a follow-on order of 59 choppers will be placed ?/

IMRH is just an idea right. For 2-3 years these idiots haven't done anything. They haven't even decided whether they alone gonna produce this or will enter into a JV. Looking at the demand for this chopper, i think HAL should hurry up on this project.

HAL Planners are Idiots while the finishers are genius .... Why dont you do one thing, Go there and Do the work overnight, I guess you must be having a Magic Pot... HAL is no magic pot, they give there energy and Time for the project...

HAL Planners are Idiots while the finishers are genius .... Why dont you do one thing, Go there and Do the work overnight, I guess you must be having a Magic Pot... HAL is no magic pot, they give there energy and Time for the project...
Thanx for the suggestion...i am thinking about it. Don't get angry...Please look at my other post and i would like if you respond to them...please

Well said..

Thanx for the suggestion...i am thinking about it. Don't get angry...Please look at my other post and i would like if you respond to them...please

No I was not angry,Sorry if I sound rude, you have a general view about govt institutions, but HAL is something exceptional, there are many engineers working there who have left there comfort in Firms like LM and Boing ....

No I was not angry,Sorry if I sound rude, you have a general view about govt institutions, but HAL is something exceptional, there are many engineers working there who have left there comfort in Firms like LM and Boing ....

i dont agree with u mate on this. HAL is not a govt agency, they are a commercial agency so these people working there are not doing a favour to country. watever they make for airfrce or army they charge their profit. U look at pay package, perks, free accomodation, bonuses and u realise they r much better off then private sector. Their work culture is jus like a govt organisation and hence productivity levels are really low.

i think HAL needs to re-organise itself. their productivity levels are too low as compared to other commercial agencies. i think HAL has to invest more in research and development (a thing which a already started).

i dont agree with u mate on this. HAL is not a govt agency, they are a commercial agency so these people working there are not doing a favour to country. watever they make for airfrce or army they charge their profit. U look at pay package, perks, free accomodation, bonuses and u realise they r much better off then private sector. Their work culture is jus like a govt organisation and hence productivity levels are really low.

i think HAL needs to re-organise itself. their productivity levels are too low as compared to other commercial agencies. i think HAL has to invest more in research and development (a thing which a already started).

Well Boy.... I guess You have to know something, If there productivity is Low, its because of the Lack of Proper Infrastructure, they still use Hands to fix the aircraft screws, not because they are Idiots...

Well Boy.... I guess You have to know something, If there productivity is Low, its because of the Lack of Proper Infrastructure, they still use Hands to fix the aircraft screws, not because they are Idiots...

first of all they r not idiots i completely agree. but their productivity levels are low because of their work culture. its same as "babu culture' we have in our govt offices. i again say, they have all the world class facilities, which might not be best in the world but are really good. IMHO opinion, if HAL has to become a professionally run organisation it has to change its work culture.

i had the opportunity to visit HAL during first flight of indegenously assembled SU-30 in nasik, so i know wat facilities they have.

first of all they r not idiots i completely agree. but their productivity levels are low because of their work culture. its same as "babu culture' we have in our govt offices. i again say, they have all the world class facilities, which might not be best in the world but are really good. IMHO opinion, if HAL has to become a professionally run organisation it has to change its work culture.

i had the opportunity to visit HAL during first flight of indegenously assembled SU-30 in nasik, so i know wat facilities they have.

Well Son, There work culture is really Professional, They do follow a Corporate Culture, I almost every alternative month had to travel to HAL plants as I was Officer incharge of Army Logistics, The Crew have every right to reach the chairman and Convey there Ideas which Are not found in the Babu organizations where the crew are supposed to tie there hands in front of superior officers, and about facilities, Please... The HAL bangalore assembly room has just a Few iron rods to climb and 100 Hands to screw and Solder the parts , Now might have been replaced with modern machines as the govt is Upgrading HAL

well i will take u r word for it sir, but in my visit to nasik plant, i found several low level guys sleeping in hanger conveniently taking a nap from 2PM-3 PM after lunch. can any commercial organisation afford to do that?

Back
Top Bottom