What's new

Haier to sell 100,000 laptops in Pakistan, set up assembly plant

I think when you combined the existing batch of laptops gifted to students and the one we aim to do in future

It wouldn't have been a bad idea to at least deal with the company willing to manufacture, motherboard, memory or hard drive in Pakistan. At least a manufacturing plant in one of the key components of laptop.

Assembling plant will create some jobs for the local but see we can even assemble the laptop at home, it's nothing like a miracle. Every step of the government should promote localisation and industrial growth

I cant wait to buy the laptop, I am guessing the price will be lower as well....

Well we had the PC Tablet by Kamra what is wrong with that ?
Just needs a mini keyboard idea for students

PacEBookangle1.png
Tab can't fully replace the utility of PC. Not every kind of software is available on tablets. For cool gadgets, games and surfing, sure Tab is good. But its not suitable for many other purposes.

PAC also produced netbooks(laptops) in addition to tablets

nbook-with-Windows-7-300x204.jpg

CPMC - PAC-nBOOK 1

here haier will be doing everything, in PAC is case it was involved atleast a little. we should follow that model rather than giving everything to foreign firm which might leave once the order of 100,000 is completed
Its a netbook not a typical notebook. Again not radically different from Tablet but with better versatility. I guess if CPMC would have been confident enough that it can outclass others at lowest price, we could have already seen it competing with the dell and others who have previously won the contract.

I think when you combined the existing batch of laptops gifted to students and the one we aim to do in future

It wouldn't have been a bad idea to at least deal with the company willing to manufacture, motherboard, memory or hard drive in Pakistan. At least a manufacturing plant in one of the key components of laptop.

Assembling plant will create some jobs for the local but see we can even assemble the laptop at home, it's nothing like a miracle. Every step of the government should promote localisation and industrial growth
Quite an interesting statement. Probably you would kick others out of business (or at least Dell).

Last edited:
Tab can't fully replace the utility of PC. Not every kind of software is available on tablets. For cool gadgets, games and surfing, sure Tab is good. But its not suitable for many other purposes.

Its a netbook not a typical notebook. Again not radically different from Tablet but with better versatility. I guess if CPMC would have been confident enough that it can outclass others at lowest price, we could have already seen it competing with the dell and others who have previously won the contract.

Quite an interesting statement. Probably you would kick others out of business (or at least Dell).

As a professional it is my opinion this netbook=notebook=Laptop. They give this product name "Net book" but its a laptop. And if govt want this setup then Lenevo or Asus is best choice but without kickback

As a professional it is my opinion this netbook=notebook=Laptop. They give this product name "Net book" but its a laptop
Like I said before uptil multimedia Tablet=Netbook=Notebook.
Office Management/professional applications Tablet≠Netbook~Notebook
Specialized applications/database management Tablet≠Netbook≠Notebook

Did you know that for tablet is between mobile and notebook and notebook is also called laptop

What is notebook computer? - Definition from WhatIs.com

A notebook computer is a [URL='http://searchmobilecomputing.techtarget.com/definition/battery']battery- or AC-powered personal computer generally smaller than a briefcase that can easily be transported and conveniently used in temporary spaces such as on airplanes, in libraries, temporary offices, and at meetings. A notebook computer, sometimes called a laptop computer, typically weighs less than 5 pounds and is 3 inches or less in thickness. Among the best-known makers of notebook and laptop computers are IBM, Apple, Compaq, Dell, Toshiba, and Hewlett-Packard.

Notebook computers generally cost more than desktop computers with the same capabilities because they are more difficult to design and manufacture. A notebook can effectively be turned into a desktop computer with a docking station, a hardware frame that supplies connections for peripheral input/output devices such as a printer or larger monitor. The less capable port replicator allows you to connect a notebook to a number of peripherals through a single plug.

Notebooks usually come with displays that use thin-screen technology. The thin film transistor or active matrix screen is brighter and views better at different angles than the STN or dual-scan screen. Notebooks use several different approaches for integrating a mouse into the keyboard, including the touch pad, the trackball, and the pointing stick. A serial port also allows a regular mouse to be attached. The PC Card is insertable hardware for adding a modem or network interface card to a notebook. CD-ROM and digital versatile disc drives may be built-in or attachable.
[/URL]

Haier should produce all of its products in Pakistan also set up R&D facilities in Pakistan as well.

Did you know that for tablet is between mobile and notebook and notebook is also called laptop
Laptop,Palmtop etc they are all the terms not specifying functionality but use. That's why I have been specifically talking about from the perspective of functionality, if you can see my previous posts.

i am quiet frequent user of netbook, netbook is radically different from tablet, its use same x86 architect and windows platform rather than tablet based RM processor and andriod plateform
the only difference between netbook and laptop is dvddrive and strong processor of of intel pentium /corei3 etc rather than intel atom.
i even think students should be given netbooks rather than laptops for cost reasons.

i am quiet frequent user of netbook, netbook is radically different from tablet, its use same x86 architect and windows platform rather than tablet based RM processor and andriod plateform
the only difference between netbook and laptop is dvddrive and strong processor of of intel pentium /corei3 etc rather than intel atom.
i even think students should be given netbooks rather than laptops for cost reasons.

IMO a microsoft surface2 would have been good :)

tablet + PC

surface-2-keyboard.jpg

update-released.jpg

IMO a microsoft surface2 would have been good :)

tablet + PC

surface-2-keyboard.jpg

update-released.jpg

Surface Pro is great tablet, i may replace Surface pro with Surface pro 3 later this year if it becomes available. Plus Micrsoft just replaced my damaged charger absolutely free!

So when Haier coming to Pak?

Haier has been manufacturing in Pakistan for more than a decade now. They are in consumer durable goods business (AC, refreigerators, etc.

People talking about kick-backs (as though they've witnessed these) ought to think if Mush regime received kickbacks when Haier set up its business in Pakistan.

This really should not be about PML-N & PTI -though that is a dimension.

This ought to be about manufacturing capacity increase in something which Pakistan sorely lacks.

Another angle is that of PAC vs. Haier. PAC JF-17 market kar lai tau badi baat hai. Consumer electronics should not be their domain.

Back
Top Bottom