What's new

Haier to sell 100,000 laptops in Pakistan, set up assembly plant

So where is it plant and will they expand to manufacture each and every of its products.

On Raiwind Road, close to Lahore. I can not say about their manufacturing plans, but I expect that they would expand manufacturing as needed with growth in demand.

I cant wait to buy the laptop, I am guessing the price will be lower as well....

I don't think so even [4th Gen] core i3 device could be as low around 35000/- still expensive for majority unless Haier is in to introduce Chromebook.

I don't think so even [4th Gen] core i3 device could be as low around 35000/- still expensive for majority unless Haier is in to introduce Chromebook.
they can be very cheap to be honest, you can build an i5 around 20-25,000. as the most expensive part the processor costs around 120 dollars. why do u think companies like dell are making billion doing nothing than just assembling...

they can be very cheap to be honest, you can build an i5 around 20-25,000. as the most expensive part the processor costs around 120 dollars. why do u think companies like dell are making billion doing nothing than just assembling...

The topic is laptops not desktops, how much does a standard 19-20 inch flat screen monitor cost in Pakistan? Core i5 Gen 2-3-4? Dell is now private if you follow Michael Dell has bought it back because it was a mess still we can't compare haier or likes of it to world class dell it has some serious machines/servers.

keyboard/mouse/speakers/cables = 2500/-
19 inch flat screen monitor = 11000-13000/- minimum lets make it 10,000/-
processor?
mainboard? with integrated audio/gpu like intel hd 3000 minimum [not so good]
1TB hard drive? 5400 rpm minimum
memory 4gb minimum 4500-6500/-
computer case standard 2000/-
optical drive min 3000/-
You calculate it...

Last edited:
The topic is laptops not desktops, how much does a standard 19-20 inch flat screen monitor cost in Pakistan? Core i5 Gen 2-3-4? Dell is now private if you follow Michael Dell has bought it back because it was a mess still we can't compare haier or likes of it to world class dell it has some serious machines/servers.

keyboard/mouse/speakers/cables = 2500/-
19 inch flat screen monitor = 11000-13000/- minimum lets make it 10,000/-
processor?
mainboard? with integrated audio/gpu like intel hd 3000 minimum [not so good]
1TB hard drive? 5400 rpm minimum
memory 4gb minimum 4500-6500/-
computer case standard 2000/-
optical drive min 3000/-
You calculate it...
sir dell doesnt make any parts of the laptop except the plastic.
it doesnt make the hardrive, processor, RAM or mother board or may be even the screen.
it buys and assembles them.
now for example my dell 5520 has WDC hardrive, kingstone RAM, intel processor and nvidia graphic cards..!!!. the same goes for most of the other parts.

you have to understand that buying a 19inch screen from retailer and buying by dell will probably have 90% difference. as dell will look out for the cheapest producer in large nos.

sir dell doesnt make any parts of the laptop except the plastic.
it doesnt make the hardrive, processor, RAM or mother board or may be even the screen.
it buys and assembles them.
now for example my dell 5520 has WDC hardrive, kingstone RAM, intel processor and nvidia graphic cards..!!!. the same goes for most of the other parts.

you have to understand that buying a 19inch screen from retailer and buying by dell will probably have 90% difference. as dell will look out for the cheapest producer in large nos.

Bahi most companies are doing that but I do know dell manufactures displays, not just industrial grade plastic if you have seen recent models they are non plastic. you go check Lenovo, HP and other companies, even apple uses Intel/Nvidia GPU. I am just letting you know buying an ok laptop in Pakistan with the minimum specs would cost min 35000 also because it is portable desktop would also go 30,000 and beyond.

Haier? IMHO if the govt was looking for VFM lappy's they could have gone for Acer/Asus. They are established players when it comes to this niche.

Haier? IMHO if the govt was looking for VFM lappy's they could have gone for Acer/Asus. They are established players when it comes to this niche.

Agree, Acer-Gateway/Asus...to keep prices low I am sure Haier would not offer Win OS it would be either without OS or Ubuntu.

Agree, Acer-Gateway/Asus...to keep prices low I am sure Haier would not offer Win OS it would be either without OS or Ubuntu.
Err gateway...cough shutdown cough.. :P. Man i keep telling you pakistanis, chinese are arm twisting you folks :)

On the OS front, i was pleasantly surprised to run the the new slew of SUSE based releases,
I ran a 2gig version off my usb stick and rust me it was more than enough for net, movies and documentation.

But yes, students are quite multi-role :) and hence would demand the steady supply of games cough softwares...If only they can get the system builders edition, i guess the OS price can comedown considerably...

here at my uni I get a free windows (genuine), they say its a students right......Im pretty sure they will have windows a least

here at my uni I get a free windows (genuine), they say its a students right......Im pretty sure they will have windows a least
Depends....the cheapest OS is the system builders edition of win 7..thats about 80 USD for the 32bit version.

OR sinful it may sound, given the rate of piracy, authorities may conveniently assume students will make their own arrangements :D

Depends....the cheapest OS is the system builders edition of win 7..thats about 80 USD for the 32bit version.

OR sinful it may sound, given the rate of piracy, authorities may conveniently assume students will make their own arrangements :D

they offer windows 8/8.1 (x64)

they have rights to it by Microsoft......its a British university u think they will hand out pirated stuff !!!!!!!

they offer windows 8/8.1 (x64)
they have rights to it by Microsoft......its a British university u think they will hand out pirated stuff !!!!!!
Chillax . Sub continent hain bhai. Sabh chalta hain :P
If everything were to go as planned,. corruption to hoti hi nehin.
@Topic: Exactly what i was saying, if they give the system builder edition which is one install per machine.they should get the same with 50USD per machine IMHO from the current trend of 80-110 USD for a win copy

Khan jee the factory is going to be on raiwind road take the hint.

Err gateway...cough shutdown cough.. :P.

On the OS front, i was pleasantly surprised to run the the new slew of SUSE based releases,
I ran a 2gig version off my usb stick and rust me it was more than enough for net, movies and documentation.

But yes, students are quite multi-role :) and hence would demand the steady supply of games cough softwares...If only they can get the system builders edition, i guess the OS price can comedown considerably...

Gateway is part of Acer now.

Khan jee the factory is going to be on raiwind road take the hint.

There is no hint. Haier set up their factory during Mush era when Sharif brothers were in exile.

Where else would Haier plan on putting the assembly plant, if not in / next to their existing plant?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom