What's new

Hafiz Saeed leads Eid prayers in Lahore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel anyone and anything can be questioned on merit. However given the facts of the Hafiz Saeed case, he was let off due to lack of evidence and there is nothing to question in that. Questioning is one thing, in the end you have to agree with the court's decision.

I think this post by @Bang Galore explains very well why you can't fool us anymore with your "lack of evidence" argument. He seems to be enjoying state protection instead in which case no evidence would be enough.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...d-leads-eid-prayers-lahore-3.html#post4617743

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this post by @Bang Galore explains very well why you can't fool us anymore with your "lack of evidence" argument. He seems to be enjoying state protection instead in which case no evidence would be enough.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...d-leads-eid-prayers-lahore-3.html#post4617743

State and courts are two different things and usually at odds with each other.

No evidence was there, can you point to me what evidence was there?

The US had to put a 10m USD bounty on collecting evidence against him, evidence is THAT scarce!

Last edited by a moderator:
Then there are judges who have still punished terrorists, the cases could have been taken to them. Of course this is the writer's own opinion, one of they key issues I have with security forces is that they do a bad job in building a case and then make up such stories against the judges.

Seriously?

The issue is only that "security forces do a bad job in building a case"?

Is that what the article says?

One judge attempted to hide his face with his hands. But after Ishaq read out the names of his children, the judge abandoned the trial.

And I am not even sure that Malik Ishaq is as much of an "asset" as Hafiz Saeed is. Though both share the stage on DEF forum...

Seriously?

The issue is only that "security forces do a bad job in building a case"?

Is that what the article says?

One judge attempted to hide his face with his hands. But after Ishaq read out the names of his children, the judge abandoned the trial.

And I am not even sure that Malik Ishaq is as much of an "asset" as Hafiz Saeed is. Though both share the stage on DEF forum...

Are you saying these judges were not afraid to pursue cases against COASs of the Pakistan Army but were afraid to pursue cases against "assets"?

Can you tell me what evidence was there against Malik Ishaq?

As of today, he was yet to be charged(he was not named even in the case filed on the Malegaon blasts), let alone prosecuted or convicted. That however has not prevented Indian authorities from keeping him in custody. Not something Pakistanis want to bother with........

Not only that, the accused organization have been banned (I mean banned as in a working civilized nation, not change nameplates and publish ads in newspapers to raise money) very effectively, their properties seized and NO activity allowed whatsoever.

Pakistan is a different story where different rules apply, and we must make sure that works both ways.

Are you saying these judges were not afraid to pursue cases against COASs of the Pakistan Army but were afraid to pursue cases against "assets"?

Can you tell me what evidence was there against Malik Ishaq?

Well, he is a self acclaimed Shia killer.

Proudly claiming that he has killed more than a hundred of them, with his own hands and in the most barbaric way. And I am just going by what the Pakistani members have mentioned on this very forum.

Again you are ignoring the basic fact.

The judge didn't let him off due to lack of evidence. It was because he was afraid for his life.

And the COAS thingy is only after they are no longer in power.

Otherwise the "doctrine of necessity" has always worked...

He was not indicted but put under house arrest. Mumbai case Judicial team was formed, it was supposed to formally charge all parties involved. One of the key requirements of Pakistani courts is to have witnesses state their testimony in court. Ajmal Kassab the key witness here was not allowed to travel to Pakistan to give this testimony. After much diplomatic volley ball back n forth the courts gave a special dispensation to send members of the judicial team to register Kassab's testimony in India. India initially agreed. This testimony would be taken by a judge of the court.

When the team reached there, Indians backed off the agreement and said we will give you a video tape of his testimony. What was the point of the Judicial team flying all the way to India, just to collect a tape? Video tape does not establish the fact that the confession might have been coerced. The team flew back and these facts were made public.

But I can understand your selective amnesia for convenience sakes.

Selective amnesia? Now that's a joke. Did you think that Ajmal Kasab would have ever been allowed to travel to Pakistan, that was a ridiculous request to begin with. Ajmal Kasab was on death row, no one was about to give you access(It was never ever promised, that's a cooked up story). In any case, no court can accept that statement by itself, it would be hearsay. That however was not the whole case against Hafiz Saeed, Ajmal Kasab's testimony was just an layer in a pretty large picture. Headley gave plenty of evidence, don't you find it interesting why no Pakistani government has ever asked to speak to him? The Abu Jundal case is well known. Your government desperately did their utmost to prevent his extradition to India, even going to the extent of claiming he was Pakistani. Why the desperation of the state if you chaps were not worried about what he knew? He was there in Karachi, he knows the whole picture and your actions gave away that you knew what he knew. Your defence simply does not exist, all Pakistan is indulging in is a sham & known to be that. Your instigating agencies, the FIA told a Pakistani court about the conspiracy & training provided. The plot was hatched & carried forward within Pakistan & you say India hasn't given evidence. It should have been you investigating properly on a conspiracy hatched & accepted to be hatched within Pakistan. Ask the FIA about their evidence in court. ask them who planned it if it wasn't Hafiz Saeed. Ask them to speak with the Americans & get an independent version from them about what Headley has said.

Your stock arguments have been that he was acquitted, I pointed out that he wasn't even charged. You now come with different theories now, all equally nonsensical.

Photographs of Lashkar-e-Taiba training camps in Sindh and motorboats used by the 10 terrorists who attacked Mumbai are among evidence presented to an anti-terrorism court conducting the trial of seven Pakistanis charged with involvement in the 2008 strikes.

Officials of the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) presented the evidence to anti-terrorism court Judge Chaudhry Habib-ur-Rehman during a hearing conducted behind closed doors in Adiala Jail in Rawalpindi yesterday.

The FIA officials presented photographs of the LeT training camps and motorboats to the judge.

The motorboats and other items, currently in the custody of the FIA custody, were recovered in January 2009, media reports said today.

The articles presented by the FIA officials were made part of the judicial record after an initial examination by the judge.

The FIA officials told the court that the terrorists involved in the attacks trained in the Arabian Sea on boats named Al-Hussaini, Al-Atta and Al-fouz.

They also trained in LeT camps in Mirpur Sakro area of Thatta district in Sindh and Yousaf Goth and Landhi areas of Karachi, the officials said.

These training camps covered an area ranging between 25 acres and 48 acres, the officials said.

One of the seven suspects currently on trial, Hammad Amin Sadiq, had confessed that the 10 attackers had been kept in the training camps before being sent to Mumba
i, the officials said.

Sadiq acted as a facilitator for the attackers while they were in Sindh, the officials said.

Following the verdict of courts is not a matter of faith but obedience. Short of throwing the country into revolution of course, which everybody is reluctant to do so.

Agreed.

As long as we are consistent in obeying the courts, whether we agree with the verdicts or not, there is hope for us as a society and the rule of law. Revolution is not the answer for us, for we will gain little and lose much if we go down that path.

State and courts are two different things and usually at odds with each other.

No evidence was there, can you point to me what evidence was there?

The US had to put a 10m USD bounty on collecting evidence against him, evidence is THAT scarce!

Correction Saeenjee. The EXECUTIVE and the JUDICIARY are two different things, but they are BOTH organs of the STATE.

The Almighty listens to everyone alike, but he approves of those who have clear intent and no malifice towards anyone... So, Hafiz prays publicly, I pray in my small room and many others pray in their own small ways, but ONLY The Almighty will decide what is right... For me, I know duty and loyalty towards my family and country...

If Hafiz Saeed leeds a procession on Eid, that is his fortune and connections and visible deeds leading to such a fortune. But, someday, he will have to answer for his misdeeds in front of the same Almighty, in whose name he misleads the innocent...

ON Kashmir, he may pray all he want and mislead all he want; at least the non-descripit me from Jammu and Kashmir and my family has only one prayer - Peace & prosperity for everyone and good health of my nation, India! May the Almighty forgive Hafiz and may his head fall in line to follow the real path of the book - of Peace and Sense! Eid is too precious an occasion to think of hatred and vile about anyone!

The Almighty listens to everyone alike, but he approves of those who have clear intent and no malifice towards anyone... So, Hafiz prays publicly, I pray in my small room and many others pray in their own small ways, but ONLY The Almighty will decide what is right... For me, I know duty and loyalty towards my family and country...

If Hafiz Saeed leeds a procession on Eid, that is his fortune and connections and visible deeds leading to such a fortune. But, someday, he will have to answer for his misdeeds in front of the same Almighty, in whose name he misleads the innocent...

ON Kashmir, he may pray all he want and mislead all he want; at least the non-descripit me from Jammu and Kashmir and my family has only one prayer - Peace & prosperity for everyone and good health of my nation, India! May the Almighty forgive Hafiz and may his head fall in line to follow the real path of the book - of Peace and Sense! Eid is too precious an occasion to think of hatred and vile about anyone!

Mastaan bhai Eid mubarak...Biriyani kaha hai.

Mastaan bhai Eid mubarak...Biriyani kaha hai.

Eid mubarak bhai... European biryani you won't like, mate... It has no spices, tastes bland and comes with no mirch ka salaan on the side... Biryani ho to ghar ki - Basmati rice, freshly cooked lamb, garam masaala, spices, mirch ka salaan and lassi on the side... Dang, fir se bhookh lag gayi!

Pakistan hasn't cracked down on the Afghan Taliban despite enourmous pressure from USA and NATO...what makes you Indians think they are gonna listen to you arrest Hafiz Saeed.

Just face it. If Hafeez Saeed had killed Chinese people or attacked China, he would be rotting or already executed in China even if evidence against was non-existant. And even the Saudis for that matter.

The only countries that Pakistan listens to is China and Saudi Arabia and the only terrorists that Pakistan will ever crack down upon are those that mistakenly or on purpose Chinese or Saudis.

Pakistan hasn't cracked down on the Afghan Taliban despite enourmous pressure from USA and NATO...what makes you Indians think they are gonna listen to you arrest Hafiz Saeed.

Yea, just look at how well that strategy is working out for us in peace and prosperity. Well done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom